Vain or confidence?

The title must be confusing, and I wonder if I wrote it right.

However, why is it that so many people do things that are really quite self consuming. Wear clothing, worry about so much of themselves, but actually attract others doing it?

Myself, I hardly ever try to do things explicity to show that I do think about myself, even though I do. If you’ve got it, flaunt it? Is that the motto? A girl who wears a mini skirt that happens to be a big overweight can look like a fool or overconfident. But a girl with the body, pulls it off just right. So is there a difference there? It’s ok to be explicity vain, concieted, caught up in yourself as long as you have something to present? I think I’d be a good model, however I’ve never tried because the act of going for something like that is very conceited to me… “oh he/she must think they’re hot stuff” But yet… surpisingly, we as people don’t really care and for the most part are happy to see people modeling.

It’s things like this. I’ve never tried to be an explicit gascon, but maybe it’s ok if used right? Talking sure isn’t a good method. You can’t tell someone all of your accomplishments unless they ask. But if you show them, its ok.

I suppose it’s at a low level of showing off, that showing off can pass.

I’m just curious, because I feel too much in my life does modesty actually hurt me and others. Thoughts? And yeah I’ve been posting alot of crap lately, i’ve had so much free time and my brain doesn’t stop wondering and thinking and at many times, this pisses me off.

If you’re gonna have a big ego, you’ve got to be tolerant and accomodating to the people around you. Otherwise they’ll resent you and become haters.

Hi Club29,

I think I know exactly what you mean. I find that though I tend not to flaunt my physique or intellectual accomplishments, I am attracted to women who do just that. It is baffling that I feel conceited when I act that way, but am fond of women who act that way.

It makes sense to want to show off something you are proud of. I don’t think it is arrogant to do so. I think it’s natural. It’s what all animals do to attract mates - we put our best foot forward, whatever that may be.

I also think there’s something in what Smears said too:

If you’re gonna have a big ego, you’ve got to be tolerant and accomodating to the people around you. Otherwise they’ll resent you and become haters.

I think the question is, then, what is vanity? What exactly is it to be conceited?

At what point does pride become vanity or conceit?

Good points indeed. And I think that’s a very good point Smears.

it isn’t bragging if you can do it

-Imp