Vegetarianism arguments

This may sound absurd to you, and I certainly don’t intend to promote more death, but why is minimizing death important to you?

All creatures great and small suffer death. Trees suffer death. Clouds suffer death!

It boils down to how much time something was alive. How much time it existed.

You are worried about time of life on this planet? Why? Is it relative to your desire to maximize your own time on the rock?

Is it because your feelings are hurt when something dies? Is this for your own well being?

I criticize people for their line. If you kill a kitten, you’re going to be a serial killer.

If you smash a bug, you’re trying to protect humans.

It’s a little different.

But you’re a murderer if you smash a bug. You KILLED a bug!

My point is that different people draw the line in different places. Most people draw that line according to how cute something is. Cute kitten is safe. Ugly cockroach is fair game.

Killing is taking a life, whether it be a cute kitten or an ugly cockroach! You kill either of them you are a MURDERER! You took a life!

It’s legal to kill a big whitetail buck, with a license, during open season. Kill a Bambi though, and you are a horrible person!

I agree with everything you’re saying!

I just want to give you a slightly different perspective.

The only two reasons to kill that are acceptable is self defense and defense of another.

You don’t watch a rape go down and say, “ahh that’s just her karma, fuck it”

Even if you get killed, you try.

You will be looked upon very affectionately by the spirit world if you try. But don’t ask for tests like this.

In your book.

In my book, I will kill a whitetail deer legally, rip the guts out of it, peel the skin off it, cut the MEAT off the bones, and CHOW DOWN! It is pure satisfaction to me, and totally legal!

I will even cut the head off and have it mounted and put it in my living room as a trophy!

If animals are not made to be eaten, then why are they made of meat??

Let’s just hope the deer forgives you.

Everytime you take a life, if you don’t work 24/7 to make existence perfect…

Everytime I take a drag of a cigarette, I’m killing millions of bacteria.

How do I atone for that?

He never knew what hit him. He was alive and well, and 10 seconds later he was completely dead! He died in the most humane way that a whitetail could ever die. If I would have let him walk, he would have died a slow horrible death that he could have suffered for years in the wild. You might have hit him with your car, beat the heck out of him, he ran off, and took months to die. You caused him a horrible death, and I ended his life in the most humane way possible!

Interesting…

So we should all shoot each other in the head?

Is that the way your mind works? I claim to have killed in the most humane way, and you take that and extrapolate to “everyone kill everyone?”

Because that’s where your logic went.

Take me down the path that lead you to that.

I claim to have killed a deer in a humane way.

You claim that since I killed a deer in a humane way, that people should all shoot each other in the head.

Walk me through the chain of events that goes from humane deer kill, to people shooting each other in the head?

How did you get from deer to people?

Your argument was simple. A fast death is better than a slow death.

Do the math from there.

Deer does not equal people, in any math!

:laughing:

You’re either trolling or invincibly stupid.

Wait, that’s a false dichotomy! Why not both?

Awe, look, it’s the playground bully calling people stupid again. He doesn’t understand, so he resorts to name calling.

That’s funny.!!!

Now you’re contradicting yourself with your line in this thread. You’re worried about bacteria, as equal to humans (as a justification (or not) of all killing)…

Killing other beings is self defense killing.

The question is what you do with it.

Apart from the fact that some cows would survive an end to eating meat, especially if it was done gradually (and note that cows, poultry etc. are artificially selected to be tastier for humans, which causes the individual animals to suffer short and unhappy lives), our conversion of terrain for farming is leading to the mass extinction of wild animals — we are in the midst of a worldwide Great Extinction because of humans. So saving artificially bred, suffering cows is somehow better than … saving tons of wild species going extinct because of human greed? How does that work?

But the REALLY powerful reason to go fully vegan can be found here.

However, by now it’s pretty obvious that it’s too late to save the climate, because of decades of brainwashing by right-wing fascists, so you might as well eat (meat), drink and be merry, for soon we all die! (Or at least what few of us remain will be back in the Stone Ages.) The Green New Deal, even if it were fully implemented (which of course it won’t be, because of right-wing fascists and Trumpanzees, the same thing, obviously), won’t save us either, because it is predicated on the idea that we can save industrial/technological civilization by means other than fossil fuels while saving the climate. Powerful evidence suggests that we cannot do this. But that’s a different topic.

How did you go from deer to people? Do you think it’s ok to kill people because it’s legal to kill deer?

Do you get deer and people confused sometimes?

Dude. You can’t even back up your own fucking argument earlier in the thread or even respond to what I just wrote

I see all life as precious. We have to kill to live here.

The question is why and how and what WE do with it.

That determines whether you’re forgiven or not.

You forgot to answer my question. How did you go from humane deer kill to people should shoot each other in the head?

Are they the same thing to you? Do you think that because there is deer season that there should be people season too?