Was a soldier in the Punic Wars able to imagine the Oscars?

Itā€™s perhaps the ultimate question, or one of them: what is the value in either contrast or uniformity, in light of the fact that either needs the other? (Or do they - is one able to be free of the other?)

I find that some people tend to joke about very serious questions because it makes them uncomfortable to think about it. Iā€™m serious, though. Is there anything that we donā€™t share with at least one other person in life or existence? How is it individual in anything except a few perceptions? If others thoughts can enter your head, which they can, then it isnā€™t individual, is it. It would be multividual. Even if it could appear to be individual at times, might even be individual for all some people know, itā€™s perhaps not as individual as theyā€™d like it to be. You talk about individuality like some talk of independence, as though either of those things could be had without others or interdependence. So, I repeat my question: is there such a thing as an ā€˜individualā€™ mind. Your only answer would be ā€˜I donā€™t knowā€™. Maybe ā€˜we donā€™t know.ā€™ But definitely a donā€™t know in there.

I would say that people arenā€™t different, but uniformity prevents that state from being known. Reality itself is contrast, therefore no difference being known is at odds with the ability of reality: the consciousness of Lee Harvey Oswald wouldā€™ve been identical to Harrison Ford, or any of the students currently at Harvard, or any current member of the British parliament, yet obviously reality needs this uniformity to not be recognised.

If uniformity is an obstacle, why is it the virtue? Is it a virtue? If itā€™s a virtue for people to casually reflect themselves, how does it make sense for the result of the virtue to be the reason the virtue had to be an effort? Can it ever be resolved, that a virtue needs effort?

Itā€™s a virtue that I ask about the soldier in the Punic War, yet I would never be meant to ask that same question seven billion times.

how does this speak to you.jpg

Iā€™m not sure if THEY necessarily need one another but we certainly do in order to find that beautiful meaning within our lives, that qualia.
Look at the picture. Isnā€™t it wonderful? Contrast and uniformity at the same time.

If the universe itself was to answer this question, it might say to you: ā€œLookā€! What do you see? What do you think?

There is value in both insofar as we as humans are contrast and uniformity ourselves.
We just need to be able to discern when to be contract and when to be uniformity. That is what makes us interesting and unique as people.

Are you trying to find God by way of natural design?

there is harmony in both.
That may not have answered your question the way you wanted it though.

Iā€™m not sure if THEY necessarily need one another but we certainly do in order to find that beautiful meaning within our lives, that qualia.

Thanks for the picture. It canā€™t be that difference and its opposite donā€™t need each other yet life does need, because life is encompassed within the difference and no difference - what is the difference and its anti, if life is separate from it?
What is contrast, if audiences at the Jimmy Kimmel show arenā€™t different to the reign of Elizabeth I? And vice versa: what is no difference, if the right wing goal of private healthcare in the US isnā€™t the same as the right wing goal of private health care anywhere in Europe?

Random Factor,

That would be YOUR mind speaking, your perception. It is not mine.
I do think that there is a level where all of our minds function in an identical way by reason of being human animals but at the same time, because of who we are at our core, and because of our personal experiences, we do not share the same mind, but we each have ā€œindividualā€ ones. Our psyches are all different.

I see a sunset. I am enthralled. The colors make me wild. I stand in awe of them.I am possessed.
The feelings and emotions and thoughts that come to me may be a far cry from your own individual experience of that sunset BUT if you do feel the same way that I do, it still doesnā€™t mean that we are replicas of each otherā€™s mind.

A personā€™s individuality has nothing to do with the individualā€™s psycheā€¦well, of course oneā€™s psyche may influence oneā€™s sense of individuality or lack of it but weā€™re not speaking here of character or personality.
Weā€™re speaking of something much deeper - like the underside of the iceberg.

I wasnā€™t trying to insult you when I mentioned the Borg. But the Borg is what I thought of when you asked that question. With the Borg, there is only ONEā€¦one individual and one psyche. one matrix.

I am not of your mind.

I find that we are different due to life experiences regardless of attempts at uniformity and appearances of and even while we may appear similar and be similar to a degree based on similar experiences, weā€™re still different and our thought processes different, too, to a degree as well as being similar. Oswald would not have been identical to Ford for that reason alone. Even while we may match thought processes and even similarities in the vastness of consciousness especially to say that some are alike due to the similarities, the differences should still be noted because they are important. While we may be like minded weā€™ll never be exactly like minded to each other. A curse and a blessing. We are all storehouses of universal knowledge as well as our own personal knowledge as well as knowledge stripped of either to have be made use of in different situations that may merit it with new things still being discovered and ideas still being expanded on and fractals of enlightenment or ignorance still being explored and attempted to be mapped out. Some base templates can be known, but even the base templates evolve from simple to complex like cells and organisms while still existing alongside each other. I find it fascinating and humbling at the same time. Weā€™re never truly alone, for one, canā€™t claim all genius as our own, nor can we, thankfully, attribute all dark thoughts to our own detriment and self-blame. Our sin is the sin of existence and vice versa. Same with our purity and all duality inherent in. We share all credit and blame whether we want to or not, whether we know it or not. Our stigma is the misinformation and deceit and believing things to be finished and ultimate and complete that are still in progress and being expanded on. Placebo thoughts and experiences. We are, all of us, walking paradoxes. Both individual and not in the same breath every breath and our saving grace is that we cannot focus on anything for too long either good or bad. Which makes me question not the existence of God or the omnipotence or omniscience, but how those things would work in reality and actuality when you have an equal opposite force that, for all notions of perfection can make you be imperfect, to trip and stumble, etc. How would it work in a mass consciousness of mass consciousnesses ranging from small to large, individual perspective to mass, how the networking and information exchange works on such sliding scales of both spiritual and physical. The ultimate system of checks and balances and cause and effect.

No, but you are a sentient and individual part of the whole of creation and a part of something within me at the same time as the same is true of me for you. I could find you in there, merge with your mind for a bit, see from a different perspective perhaps, but your thoughts are still your own and hidden from me, I donā€™t go in search of methods to control others or rip thoughts from their heads or to make clones. There obviously isnā€™t just one individual, there are many. Thatā€™s part of what I fight in the universal mind, the reality of these thoughts and ideas. If they are, (are, as in exist) then they must be (be, as in exist) somewhere in the reality of things and not what we think of them as, so what are they if they arenā€™t as weā€™ve been lead to think of them?

No, but you are a sentient and individual part of the whole of creation and a part of something within me at the same time as the same is true of me for you. I could find you in there, merge with your mind for a bit, see from a different perspective perhaps, but your thoughts are still your own and hidden from me, I donā€™t go in search of methods to control others or rip thoughts from their heads or to make clones. There obviously isnā€™t just one individual, there are many. Thatā€™s part of what I fight in the universal mind, the reality of these thoughts and ideas. If they are, (are, as in exist) then they must be (be, as in exist) somewhere in the reality of things and not what we think of them as, so what are they if they arenā€™t as weā€™ve been lead to think of them?
[/quote]
Do you think that all people on Earth should replicate this kind of discussion? So instead of people watching tv listening to the RNC, or ITVā€™s This Morning, or Sports, all theyā€™d hear is people emulating this exact kind of content: talk about foresight, and the link between difference and no difference, and how similar peopleā€™s minds are to one another.

No, I think people should be more realistically handling the problem solving in their lives than just batching and whining and making things worse. I think that people who can should be actually using their knowledge and experience wisely and responsibly in our cultural pursuits of media and entertainment to do so. I think, realistically, people should just keep doing what theyā€™re fucking awesome at as information like this filters into their lives through one or two of the multitude of avenues gate things enter our lives and that things will change as they go. Why the fuck would you ask me if I expect everyone to be clones when I just got done saying hats not what the fuck I wanted. Why be that god damn stupid?

The fact is that like anything popular in memetics that it will get passed around through the multitudes of avenues and people will generally be talking about it all he time regardless in metaphor and roundabout if not direct until people get tired of it and begin to smack them around. Thatā€™s simple memetic legacy and people beginning to value the truth based on legendary breakthroughs of consciousness. Psychology.

Uh-huh, sureā€¦ :sunglasses:

Hereā€™s my problem: the people raising complaints had no complaint against stupidity in memes. They had no problem with people replicating each other or mimicking or copying. All the ways that we are vastly similar went by relatively accepted well. I start talking about inequality and ways to solve it, I go about talking about things that will revolutionize the world and at that point, all I do is point out the routes itā€™s likely to go through due to analysis of trends, fads, etcetera and noting the similarity of those to cycles of abuse and trauma and suddenly people are flipping out about people all being the same. Isnā€™t that ridiculous to worry about? Itā€™s like, as smart as you are, you refuse to actually use your intellect productively.

All I did was become aware and used my intellect, awareness and knowledge to solve every problem known to man and took the initiative to start fixing it. Thatā€™s all I did. I knew Iā€™d receive hate for it, that people would fight me for it, but if I get the ball rolling and start getting somewhere with itā€¦

We make excuses for what we donā€™t need. Why not justify what we do need? Why not redefine it to fit our Reality? Donā€™t we need to get what we want sometimes? I believe mental time travel is possible. perhaps ā€˜imagineā€™ is the wrong word for what the soldier experiences. Perhaps ā€˜visionā€™ would be better. Entirely possible that he had a vision of the Oscars, but again, does he know it for what it is, or is he only able to make sense of it years later as a trigger memory that surfaces while heā€™s watching the Oscars. Hereā€™s a better question: where do our memories go when weā€™re not remembering them? What takes them and holds them and what gives them back to us when we do remember them? For what purpose? This is a somewhat creepy thought. People want the truth, they want to ask questions like this and they donā€™t need things trying to keep them down or deterring them or dragging out of context, lying through the shades of Grey.

Could it be that people donā€™t replicate this sort of behaviour (asking about the ability of foresight) because of the awareness that reality needs the censorship? To have a routine in the first place requires not talking to other people about a hypothetical soldier in the Punic Wars (like a delegate at the UN, or a bouncer at a nightclub).
Censorship is reality, but why does censorship exist - if itā€™s realityā€™s sake, that contradicts reality giving life forms the ability to think and to have visions in the first place, or does it?

Is it an ability, to have visions, assuming visions are real?