Was Protestantism and Mass Literacy a Huge Mistake???

I don’t have all the answers. I’m a Philosopher. I have more questions than answers.

However, it seems apparent that the Protestant Revolution and breakaway from the Diocese has not exactly worked out for USA or Western Nations.

Just look at the Western Family unit, Marriage, traditional values, Husband Wife Children, Christmas, versus sexual deviancy, promiscuity, etc.

Do I need to bring Waukesha into it, burning of churches, breakdown of society, etc? Is all of that not obvious?

When God does not protect the masses, then tyranny, injustice, harm, destruction, chaos, all of these grow and threaten the people in way that European Christians or Catholics need not worry about.

To cite the Waukesha massacre alone in this context would be an extreme case of cherry picking.

Is it though?

How about burning Churches and Catholic Cathedrals… more cherry-picking???

Who are you defending and making excuses for, exactly???

Urwrongx1000: “I don’t have all the answers. I’m a Philosopher. I have more questions than answers.”

K: you are not a philosopher… you are a polemicists:
from my handy dandy dictionary:

Polemicist: a person who engages in controversial debate:

Philosopher: a person engaged in learned in philosophy,
especially as an academic discipline…

feel free to name one thread you started that engages with such traditional
philosophical disciplines as Aesthetics, Epistemology, metaphysics, logic,
or the philosophy of the mind… most of your, in fact all of your threads engage
in polemical arguments in favor of one specific side, and that boys and girls, isn’t
philosophy…for to engage in philosophy, one must offer up some other side of
the argument even if for no other reason than to demolish it… you never offer
up any other side of the argument except your own side… and that is what
polemical means…

Kropotkin

As-if I don’t have 15 years of philosophical threads underneath me??

lol

Urwrongx1000: As-if I don’t have 15 years of philosophical threads underneath me??

K: that you can’t recall a single thread that engages with the basic
ideas of philosophy… says a whole lot about you… especially the part where
you are a polemicist, and not a philosopher…

Kropotkin

Is that all you got?

In the last instance I was defending critical thinking. Your evidence for a putative mass trend in Western civilization for the past 500 year was one alleged mass murder by a driver. The case hasn’t even been tried yet has it?

So you’re just going to ignore burning churches and cathedrals???

C’mon Felix, you won’t even defend your own faith…

I can’t believe how degenerate society has gotten, Jesus Christ help us all.

Who burned what churches? When? According to the Bible, the church, the ecclesia is a group of people not a building. What does it mean that this fact has been forgotten?

I keep forgetting that most on ILP don’t read news…

wsj.com/articles/vandalism- … 1627584689

wusa9.com/article/news/loca … 9699bcfd8f

washingtonexaminer.com/news … d-in-riots

the-sun.com/news/1135323/ch … -protests/

religionnews.com/2021/11/08/bis … c-symbols/

Vandalism is a deplorable trend whatever the cause. The bishops are seeking answers. They’re wise not to jump to conclusions? Nor should we.

I don’t need to guess the motive of BLM/Antifa domestic terrorists driving vans through women and children.

If you are that blind and ignorant, then you can remain a helpless victim.

I have no need to rush to judgment on it. You have made up your mind while the bishops are still seeking answers. I can at least wait for the trial when it’s safe to assume more facts will come out. I can look at the incident from the multiple perspectives that are available to me and withold final judgment. So whatever judgement I have can remain provisional in recognition that my knowledge is limited with more knowledge my judgment might change. As one who practices philosophy, surely you recognize this. The philosopher hero, Socrates’, was considered the wisest man in ancient Athens because he knew he knew nothing. Recognizing our epistemological limitations seems essential to good philosophy. If I’m blind, let my blindness be like that of justice before whom all are equals. If I’m ignorant, let it be Socratic ignorance. Thank you very much.

Ur is lying about the “Good News of the Kingdom” thread. Also, unchaining the Bible from the pulpit was the best thing to happen to the church, because when we are educated with the truth, we can’t be duped by liars like Ur.

Do you want me to go through your thread and count how many times Cannibalism was linked to the sacrifice of Christ???