Was their ever a virgin martyr who was a guy?

ha ha… you are miscontruing what I said. Men and women are equal as people yes. However in the zone of marraige a man is the ruler of the wife. I have women superiors that rule over me and I have men. It does not bother me in the least. At home I rule, and yes to answer your question I have already made it clear that my wife will be ruled by me and she can take it or leave it. This does not mean in the least that I do not cherish and respect my wife either. But when I make a decision on something I am the final authority. Thats what it means to be the ruler!

A woman that is not lead by her man is an unhappy and incomplete woman. Likewise if a man is oppresive to his wife the same. God made it specific and to say otherwise is chauvanistic and shortsighted. Are you going to tell me that after God came down and interfered with all the other things He has interferred with that He just simply forgot to say… “Oh, women are not ruled by their husbands… stop lying to the women!” Give me a break, you show that you have little Faith in God and much less in men. Althought I do share the sentiment of having pretty much no faith in men. We men have ruined it for ourselves just as much as you women have.

I bid you this… if there is a God, one of the doctrines are correct. It behooves God not, to allow anything written about Him to always be a lie!

Look how women were treated during Christs time and in front of Christ. He and the rest of the apostled exemplified this…

The head of the woman is the man, and the head of the man is the Christ, and the head of the Christ is the Father. Said by an apostle. But of course you have the defense of calling the bible a lie, so I really cant use it against to. If you think any important piece of the Bible a lie then it is all a lie! Otherwise you are just a picker and chooser. In other words a typical Christian that has brought on all the denominations. Lets pick what we like from the Bible and do that… and call the parts we dont like a lie or just ignorethem outright or as “non essential”. Now lets label it something… Baptist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, or what ever…

In Revelations it looks like 5 of the 7 Churches are condemend… I wonder why? Also the Catholic Church has the most grevious of Judgements set against Her.

Best to not pick and choose what you like. Take all or none of it!

Why are we fighting and not solving anything? Haven’t check my question and I am surprised I recieved 20 posts.

It is not important that if christ was nail on the cross by his wrists or hands, what matters is he was nailed to the cross.

Kris
Your thinking and the way you write are so similar to bessy, not that it got anything to do , just wanted to say that.

About the epstemplogy something, why can’t you tell us the orgin meaning of virgin through your words instead of forcing us to seek the answers through the hard way.

At the bottom line, and all these conversations, I believe thus far there is no such person who is a guy a virgin martyr for christ? Yet, I remember one of my theleogian teacher told me he was a virgin, and I watch the movie of St. Paul and he was a virgin. Or was it he never married in the proper terms. I thought this question would be easy but instead the answers and post felt that it was not serious at all. But pleasurable to hear.

Perhaps defining a male virgin would clear things up. Does male virginity hinge upon penatration of a female or is it the first induced ejaculation. Not an involuntary ejaculation.

On Girls with their much more physical and sports orientated lifestyles it breaks the hymen more often then not now. so that has been eliminated as a virginal tester for girls and quite an embarrassment to certain classes of girls.

So is virginal actual penetration for girls but, is it the same for boys? It should be. But I think that there would be some debate.

No offense to any but should not masturbation be a sexual experience and or the lustful thoughts that go with it and thus eliminating virginity for both?

Astral
I am not Christian nor am I of any belief, Not really an Atheist nor Agnostic. I was raised Southern baptist and Protestant. I was encouraged to find my own self and ways by my parents. I have read texts from all major religions and some minor ones. I find kernels of truth in each. It is those truths and they are my truths not everyones, that I abide by. the bible holds truths but, not all of it. I do not pick and choose. The ideas and truths pick and choose me. Bear in mind that if you are honest with yourself, not all truths for you are pleasant nor good.

Your definition of Ruler to me seems innacurate. To be a Ruler you do not abide by others opinions you act upon your own, maybe only slightly giving acknowledgement of ideas of those beneath you. You may want the title of Ruler but, from your words of description you are the final voice that is it. And it merely my guess that your wife has a great influence on that final voice. Rulers are top dogs, no one in their household is equal to them they would have to be beneath them in status.
Your faith in your beliefs is respectable and admirable. I merely suggest your household is not quite biblical in its heirarchy as you think. if your wife did not want you to have final voice and by allowing you final voice she is actually making you bear the burden of decision, which keeps the family intact. someone always must be the bad guy. It is her choice to allow you to think you “rule” to protect her family. Men need that ego boost much more then women. Men in your style of household are traditionally the head of it , the bread winner. Women do the rest of the work.If a woman is good at that, and her family is whole healthy and sound, that is her ego boost.

My husband is the financial part of our household, he makes the financial decisions. I make the household maintainence decisions but, we always consult and get each others most valued opinions, and then allow that to help make the decision that is also based upon experience we each hold. He would no more make a decision about running this house and putting his foot down then I would about him and his work. That would disrupt and harm us.

So you see we have the male bread winner household like yours but, this household has partners not bosses. We each have our own strengths and weaknesses that is enhanced or strengthened by the other. And I say this because I think your home may lean a little more towards our way then what you think, you just give different titles. Maybe :slight_smile:

Tsk Tsk. You really are a feminist it seems to me. Just because you are a feminist does not mean you can’t love and cuddle a man. It just has to be on your terms and its all ok.

I am not the Ruler of the household because I need an ego boost. I am because that is Gods decision. As the Ruler I will bear responsbility in His sight that my Wife will not. As far as decisions, geez its a no brainer that she will have a significant impact on my decisions. A Wise husband will rule with his wife in mind first! You are correct, as you described your relationship with your husband, mine and my wife is like so. We do discuss things and get opinions. But what is worse is that my wife generally does not even like to make too many decisions herself. This actually requires me to make more decisions than I wish to. But since it is my duty I will simply accept it. I would love to sit back and exchange authority roles so I dont have to worry about the bad Decisions being brought on my head by God. But I cannot escape that.

I do like your last paragraph, because it does reflect my relationship a good bit. And while you might say yea we carry different titles Mine are a better description of our household. We are partners yes, but I have and always will retain the title of Ruler in my house. You see a good Ruler/Master will also become the servant. This is an often missed aspect of Christianity. God usually winds up serving the servants moreso than we server Him.

Now me personally? I generally tend to think I got the better slice of the pie… as in… my wife is pretty good to me and I am a pampered man. I really have not much to complain for.

Perhaps suffragette, not soul sucking feminist ever!

Loving andCuddling on just my terms? How boring! Hmm let me tell you quickly how we got together. We were platonic best friends for over a year then realized how close we were, so since no one could ever love either of us as much as we loved each other we formalized it And we love each other more now. We began as partners/friends not dating nor lovers. Ok so similar results just different titles and ways. That is what I love about the world so close yet so far, surprises around every corner and differences, if folks did not believe different things and ways think how boring it could be.

Jesus? But some apocrifs say he was’t a virgin and some even say he wasn’t a martyr either.

was there another?
can you name me 3?
One a famous figure, one a normal person, and then third a person who studied and believes in the religious old and new testament quote ," If you remain a virgin you would do even better and will attain full of mortalitiy" and then puts it into practice?

A little tilt then: every virgin guy may be considered martyr. Don’t ask me for names, I don’t know / don’t want to know them.

Summing up everything and complementing women studies.

Since we live in a world that is male dominated, surely no one wants to know virgin martrs that are men. If the virgin man comes to a pack of women or the femine dominated world, this person perhaps would be in trouble, women would adore him constantly.

Like the stories of greek gods, the most dashing Apollo and or angels like.
vice versa , if a man sees a goddess or angel like woman. Therefore, man does not want to know virgin matyrs, for it gives nor reason or support anything. While , women virgin martrs, gives hope and status for women, the fight for right and equality and status.

The End. :wink: