What do you think about the year „0“?

Orbie,

:evilfun: I was just waxing meaninglessly poetic. What do I know of such things like “0”? Well, I suppose I did have something in this “brain” of mine.
How could my “0” nihilize time since time didn’t exist in that moment? Is something capable of becoming nothing which hithertoo has not existed? Hindsight means nothing.

Damn, I’m so jealous of you smart guys and girls in here. Why have I been given such a puny brain? O/K me thinks. :-k
#-o You know, you’re not exactly speaking with “Sheldon” here, Orbie.
Time annihilates or is time annihilated? Anyway, I don’t get it. Isn’t the “reality” that there is not only a concept of creation or the origin of the world but that it does exist albeit perhaps totally in a way we see it with our puny brains.
I’m not a mathematician nor a physicist as you can see. But I’m learning that I’m much more pragmatic than I thought.

Dear Arc:

Neither am i,a mathematician, have inkling of it from popular science periodicals, and i still remeber Minnesota I stitute od Technology, where i spent 2 ears before deciding by reflecing on the grades i were receiving, that maybe just maybe science was not for me.

So please do not get me wrong, but at the time i felt sabotaged by sciety, parnts, and the drugs which were beginning to kick in, to drop out.

Talking of time, we are drawing to the end of anoter year, ans as far as i and manh of those whom i still know (of) are saying, thay anything is an improvement which went down this year.

In with the new, s they say!

What seems true to a cetain extent to me, neverthe less, is, that there is some kind of cosmic universal, and inner time, in addition tomthe one enimating from the one hanging and ticking on the wall, and this is totally different from the silece which surounds
the time, whose only evidence rests, in the oftly bending breeze, and the slowly churning waterwheel of a deeply hidden brook.

As the concept of how the world began, this hiddenness becomes more and more evident, and our notion of time has some correspondence to it, but we can only hypothesize don to zero. As time comes nearer to zero, (which i relate to less and less cogniscence, memory, and preception of), it becomes stretcehd gt the limit, because time does not allow consciousness to reach limits. This is where even if we die, we are not allow to reach. This is because, in practicality, there is no end? If there were beginnings, they woud necessarily reveal another forbidden fruit, that is the end it’self.

What this tell me has been said innumerable times before, in the zen representative absgractions of the Ying Yang, the Mandala, and for those Nietzcheans out there, The Ring. These figures are architypical of the lowest strata of consciousness, and i believe did not happen by mere chance.

This is why, the next coming cosmic jump, has to factor in, at least by the a priori methods of logic, that there are notions to which, even scientific analysis has to bow down to. They are universal principles, and if we as humans cannot begin to appreciate and to worship, there is a chance that Faust himself, will be re-condemned, ans the paradise from which we have been excluded, may never again become even a whisp of possibility. There is still time, as long as the virgues are sustained.

As Always, Oh be, Or b. There is no choice, (negation), nihilism is not an option.

The year 0 is the year the big bang occured.

so 20 billion years ago, we are in the year 20,000,002,014.

Thank you for your satire. And (happy new year!) 20 billon years after today we will be in the year 20,000,002,015. :slight_smile:
[tab][/tab]
The „year 0“ is a cultural one, an occidental one, and there is similarity to the „big bang“ because it is also a cultural one, an occidental one. The similarity of both means also that it is not possible to define what they really are. The main difference of both is that we know what was before the „year 0“ but do not know what was before the „big bang“. This main difference means mainly that the „year 0“ is probably no nonsense because it is surely useful while the „big bang“ is probably nonsense because it is surely useless.

There are some analogies between the time reckoning of Christianity and the time reckoning of the big bang theory:

Both times start at zero.
The future of both times is infinite.
The birth of Jesus Christ and the big bang are “singularities”.
Perhaps they come back.