What does "doing philosophy" mean to you?

Philosophy to me is simple:

Prove an argument so that if it’s false, it’s impossible for existence to exist; it’s impossible for you to read the argument.

That’s how I do philosophy.

Yes and it’s not what you think , but how you learn to think and how through learning acquire the tools needed to use skill of thinking about how philosophy works.

I guess that you - and a great many others - have missed the whole point in philosophy.

I think the whole point of philosophy is to figure out the best way to do - to accomplish - something. No matter what you might choose to try to do - there will be a best way to get it done from wherever you started - and that is called “the philosophy” of it - “the love of the wisdom concerning it”.

Science is merely one method - one way - of discovering what is not true to consistency and reality.

There is a philosophy for getting people to listen
There is a philosophy for getting to the actual truth.
There is a philosophy for establishing the most fruitful ethics.
There is a philosophy for accomplishing - anything that is accomplishable.

Philosophizing - is the effort to find that philosophy.

That’s my opinion anyway.

In scientific Ethics we make a distinction between Efficiency and Effectiveness.

Efficiency is defined as: getting something done with the least expenditure of energy, cost, materials, effort, time, bother, etc.

In contrast, Effectiveness – also spoken of as “efficacy” by some Psychologists – is defined, in this new paradigm for Ethics, as:
Intrinsically-valuing the people you encounter along the way to your goal. This entails being considerate, authentic, deferential, compassionate, responsible, ready to be of service, expressing love if you can, or at least being respectful, empathic, kind, transparent as to your motives, being willing to be held accountable for your performance …or some combination of all of the above.

It also entails using means compatible with the end you have in view on the assumption that your have a worthwhile, moral end in view.
You still 'get something done; yet you are aware of how Effectiveness is the best way.

Yes, Ethicists prefer that things be efficiently done, but they consider it even-more valuable to get things done effectively as well as efficiently :exclamation:

What do you, Readers, think about all this? Where do you stand?