What has YOUR God done in your life

Hello all,

I’m a born-again christian and i’m challenging all muslims here in this question,

what has your god done in your life and how is your personal freindship with him?

I’ll tell what i’ve seen in my life, my God has healed people when people have prayed for them on the spot, I’ve seen miracles performed and preachers telling of miracles. I’d love to tell u them all but i don’t wan’t to go on and on. So to any Muslims please tell me of your spritual walk with god in your life and maybe we can better our own spritual walk by dissusing each others? :wink: [/u]

My God got real real drunk on cherry schnapps and challenged a bunch Of drunk nascar fans to a fist fight by saying Jeff Gordon was a pussy and Dale Earnhardt was in hell. It was awesome. He took his right cross and beat hell out of people. I mean he just pummelled the unbelievers like a ten thousand pound drill press against styrofoam. It rocked.

When he was done, My God challenged me to a game of cards and said he could play texas hold 'em while creating a new species. I said prove it dude. After I’d lost fifteen hundred dollars and a pint of blood (that’s an even longer story and is not fit for a family forum) and the rocatibil shark was swiming around in a portable saltwater tank My God keeps for just such an occasion, I believed him.

Of course, there was the time My God and I went to Oklahoma City to watch the Major league baseball team play at Phillips Park. Man the OKlahoma Choctaws were THE best team in baseball at that time! Anyway, a poor hot dog vendor ran out of relish and so My God got this red wrathful look on his face and his hands started to tremble. I told the hot dog vendor he better find some relish real quick, but the poor guy just smirked at me and say “or what?” Man My God went off. When the dust cleared and the fires had gone out. My God went back to the supply room and got like fifteen jars of sweet relish and like thirty hot dogs. Of course, there’s no Longer a baseball team in Oklahoma City nor in any other part of the State.

So, that’s what My God has done for me. Let’s hear it muslims, what’s your god done for you?

first of all I want to say to Christian Joe:

قُلْ أَتُحَآجُّونَنَا فِي اللّهِ وَهُوَ رَبُّنَا وَرَبُّكُمْ وَلَنَا أَعْمَالُنَا وَلَكُمْ أَعْمَالُكُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُخْلِصُونَ

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to the Jews and christians), “Dispute you with us about Allah while He is our Lord and your Lord? And we are to be rewarded for our deeds and you for your deeds. And we are sincere to Him in worship and obedience (i.e. we worship Him Alone and none else, and we obey His Orders).”
[2:193]

by beginning to think we worship another deity is wrong. We believe in the same God from which David, Abraham and Moses were His worshippers.

وَقَالُواْ كُونُواْ هُودًا أَوْ نَصَارَى تَهْتَدُواْ قُلْ بَلْ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

And they say, “Be Jews or Christians, then you will be guided.” Say (to them, O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), “Nay, (We follow) only the religion of ibrahim (Abraham), Hanifa [Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah (Alone)], and he was not of the mushrikun (those who worshipped others along with Allah).”
[2:135]

We differ in perception of God; Christians think Jesus is a deity, Muslims believe in absolute monotheism with no “multiple personalities” or whatsoever. For the Quran says:

“Surely, they have disbelieved who say: ‘Allaah is the Messiah [‘Eesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary).’”

[al-Maa’idah 5:72]

Instead of worshipping the One God people have found their religion in a person, truly Jesus said in the following verse:
“He [‘Eesa (Jesus)] said: ‘Verily, I am a slave of Allaah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet’”

[Maryam 19:30]

To proceed with your challenge:

What has God done in my life?

— He made me a worshipper of His Religion after being deluded by cultural influences
— God made me not indulge in alcohol
— He has forbidden me premarital relationships thus keeping the honour for my wife (God-willing),
— I don’t fear dead anymore
— He gave me hope in times of distress
— He has shown me the way to respect fellow believers(male and female) and non-muslims.
— He made it an obligation to give money to the poors

et cetera. The blessings of God are endless:
And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them.
[14:34]

I don’t know how you see God. But God is our Master; like in being a slave and having a master. The best slave is the one who listens to his Master and the worst slave is the one who takes another master besides his True Master.

But you want actual proof of God’s blessings? Let’s take a look what happend with the world after Muhammed completed his Message to the people.

Ever since Islam was born, Muslims had made immense leaps forward in the area of Science. Cities like Baghdad, Damascus, Cairo and Cordoba were the centers of civilization. These cities were flourishing and Muslim scientists made tremendous progress in applied as well as theoretical Science and Technology. In Europe, however, the situation was much different. Europe was in the Dark Ages. It had no infrastructure or central government. To the Muslims, Europe was backward, unorganized, carried no strategic importance and was essentially irrelevant. This considering the time period was in fact true. Nevertheless the Catholic Church (which at the time was the strongest institution in Europe) successfully convinced Christian Europe that the Muslims were infidels. This caused Europeans to think that Muslims were culturally inferior to Europe and thus Europe was unable to benefit from the new scientific discoveries being made in the Islamic lands before the 1100’s. By doing this Europe kept itself in the Dark Ages while from China to Spain Islamic Civilization prospered. During the Crusades there was limited contact between Muslims and Christians and not much was transferred. As A. Lewis explains, “The Crusaders were men of action, not men of learning”. The real exchange of ideas which led to the Scientific revolution and to the renaissance occurred in Muslim Spain.

Cordoba was the capital of Muslim Spain. It soon became the center for all light and learning for the entire Europe. Scholars and students from various parts of the world and Europe came to Cordoba to study. The contrast in intellectual activity is demonstrated best by one example: ‘In the ninth century, the library of the monastery of St. Gall was the largest in Europe. It boasted 36 volumes. At the same time, that of Cordoba contained over 500,000!’.

The idea of the college was a concept which was borrowed from Muslims. The first colleges appeared in the Muslim world in the late 600’s and early 700’s. In Europe, some of the earliest colleges are those under the University of Paris and Oxford they were founded around the thirteenth century. These early European colleges were also funded by trusts similar to the Islamic ones and legal historians have traced them back to the Islamic system. The internal organization of these European colleges was strikingly similar to the Islamic ones, for example the idea of Graduate (Sahib) and undergraduate (mutafaqqih) is derived directly from Islamic terms. Source

The torch of ancient learning passed first to one of the invading groups that helped bring down the Eastern Empire. In the 7th century the Arabs, inspired by their new religion, burst out of the Arabian peninsula and laid the foundations of an Islamic empire that eventually rivalled that of ancient Rome. To the Arabs, ancient science was a precious treasure. The Qur’an, the sacred book of Islam, particularly praised medicine as an art close to God. Astronomy and astrology were believed to be one way of glimpsing what God willed for mankind. Contact with Hindu mathematics and the requirements of astronomy stimulated the study of numbers and of geometry. The writings of the Hellenes were, therefore, eagerly sought and translated, and thus much of the science of antiquity passed into Islamic culture. Greek medicine, Greek astronomy and astrology, and Greek mathematics, together with the great philosophical works of Plato and, particularly, Aristotle, were assimilated in Islam by the end of the 9th century. Nor did the Arabs stop with assimilation. They criticized and they innovated. Islamic astronomy and astrology were aided by the construction of great astronomical observatories that provided accurate observations against which the Ptolemaic predictions could be checked. Numbers fascinated Islamic thinkers, and this fascination served as the motivation for the creation of algebra (from Arabic al-jabr) and the study of algebraic functions.
Source: Enyclopedia Britannica

Indeed blessings from God with clear proof.

Quranic proof: Closeness of God

‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them) I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me…’ [al-Baqarah 2:186]

‘… And We are nearer to Him than his jugular vein’ [Qaaf 50:16]

Hadj, does you God speak to you?

my god speaks to me…
he says,
‘waddup cracka’
and when i err,
‘why you gotta sweat’
and so that my faith guides me in action,
‘break yoself you start trippin’
for my god is he for whom there are no equals,
morgan freeman.

Sometimes I think I got my God figured out but then he pulls something outta left field and shows me how small I really am.

No, he doesn’t. Should it be a requirement for you to believe?

Thanks Haji, i did’nt exspect a post so soon!

In your post you talk about how Islam gives u rules to follow, that’s the same in christianity! I think it’s better to follow the rules of your religion and life a loving pure holy life then to be “Free” to and be slave of society or drugs or drinking. Do u agree?

Totally but again you try to live a religious (not a holy one) life. It’s not that simple as: I’m a muslim thus I’m living perfectly accoding to God’s will. You should strive to be good and sincere. I think this is very important: striving.

Who says not living a “religous” life means being a slave to society, drugs and drinking?.. WOW… ignorant.

When i said that to Haji I diden’t mean you have a choice of being either a slave to society or holy thats why i said “rather”. There are many good people in the world who do not have a religion and many evil people who pervert there teachings. I was not trying to offend any1 and i was not accusing all people without a faith.

Thanks for clearing that up, I agree with you.

yeah i always believed in god when i was younger …mostly because everyone around me (parents, teachers, etc) did… they always said that god does care about you… god will help you if you ask him for help. god will answer your prayers… god is really ‘out there’ and he wants to have a relationship with YOU …

so i prayed and prayed …i attempted to talk to god in my head… i did it only because it was suggested to me so many times. i always felt funny doing it, even though i would be doing it all by myself. i just figured it ‘wasn’t right’. at a certain point i became aware of a ‘dialogue’ …like a question/answer or call/response type thing going on in my head. even though i was about 10 or 11, i realized that both the questioning and the answering were ultimately coming from one source …ME. then i felt embarrased that i had tried to pull that off so many times, realizing that i was basically going through the motions of an insane person (holding lengthy ‘discussions’ or ‘dialogues’ in my head). i knocked that shit off pretty quick.

but i was still waiting for “a sign” that god was “out there” and that he cared about me as a person. (because that’s what i’d been told my whole life.) now nothing particularly shitty has ever really happened to me …no crises, breakdowns or anything horrible like that. but i gave up on god because he wasn’t pulling his weight. now i don’t even THINK about the possiblity of god. i gave up on god because he’s so freakin’ mysterious …he can’t even make himself known in even the slightest of ways! i’m not going to change what i think/say/do on account of some mysterious entity that cannot be known by conventional epistemological methods. :sunglasses:

[size=200]LOL[/size]