What If God Were A Tree?

I am not an atheist nor a theist nor a deist but I daresay that if God could be anything, this entity could very well be a tree. I have worshipped trees and felt the Divine within them. You could also hug this kind of divinity - and feel hugged back. :angelic-blueglow: Can you hug the other kind?

Full of beauty, harmony, balance and presence.

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File … picnic.jpg

Look, in my Bible the 11th Commandment clearly states, “Thou Shalt Not Stalk”.

How would God being a tree change that?

Atheists, as proved by this thread, subconsciously choose the ‘lowliest’ and unimaginative description of God as they can. This has two premises underneath it. Atheists commit the Straw Man Fallacy, trying to destroy/deconstruct/slander a false view of God. Secondly, Atheists demonstrate their own lack of intellect and spiritual quality. Atheists could demand to a Theist, “Paint me an image of God!” Then the Theist proceeds to pain the greatest, most imaginative, colored, genius painting yet conceived. The Atheist will then proceed to poop her little pants, and smear it on the painting. This is in essence what an “Atheist” is, at the depth of soul …soulless, with no redemptive qualities. An Atheist doesn’t need to pretend anything about “Hell”, when s/he willingly participates in it.

Atheists are the spiritual Negative, worthless, purposeless, meaningless lives. If they see something Beautiful, they want to destroy and disfigure it, because it reminds them of their own ugliness. They hate Creation. They hate pregnancy and childbirth, hence their Abortion politics and desire for child-sacrifice. Satanists within.

This is why Theists should not cast pearls before swine – because the swine will eat the pearls, same as it feasts upon its own feces. Atheists are the spiritual swine of the world. The Theist’s primary mistake, is appealing to the “intellectual honesty” of Atheists, or philosophically, when they have no honesty, no integrity, and also, no capacity for philosophy as well.

Thank you all for proving this, in this thread.

But still … if God were a tree, what kind of tree would he be? :-k

A dogwood. Did u know that dogwoods never grow straight because that’s what they put J on when they crucified him? True story.

Any and all spirits can be one or all trees.

Just depends on where you place your filters or boundaries.

_
Why he’d be a p(s)alm, of course…

Then they would have to investigate to Root Cause - consume the fruit - but then get it to leave - and watch out for those branches and seeds.

No, seriously, are you or are you not a stalker? And if you are how on earth do you reconcile that with your own fulminating fanatic rendition of God? Your God doesn’t send stalkers to Hell?

I may be an atheist, true, but the only thing I stalk here are pinheads.

Precisely, if somebody cannot define any qualities of God as an object, then they certainly couldn’t tell you as a Divinity.

He be an imaginary tree just like Yggdrassil.

Ask Treebeard of Wellinghall in the flanks of Methedras.

Jesus…

I liked that, MagsJ. Wit is so intelligent.

Okay, okay, if God were a tree…

Well, given the Earth He created with it’s ghastly natural disasters and viral outbreaks, and given all the inherent savagery that suffuses nature, he’d almost have to be a weeping willow.

He know, if He is Harold Kushner’s God.

Though, if more along the lines of Christianity, a brute, a sadist.

And yet your God enables and allows you to continue to suck air. How would you reckon She does you no favor in this?

My God is No God at all. Well, “here and now” anyway. And No God at all – by definition? – has nothing to do with enabling or allowing me to do anything at all. Let alone the part about providing me with “favors”.

Now, what tree would your God be?

And you’re not a stalker are you?

I was referring to the God whose existence you entertain in proposition after proposition. The author of this thread never responded to my reply concerning his proposition which I find absurd. I saw that you had posted on this thread and I was curious what you had to say. “Stalker” implies something evil or unwanted attention by the accuser. In your case I think I detect playful irony in the accusation. Anyway I digress. Back to God and the tree.

How can I possibly make it clearer? There are propositions – “in logic and linguistics, a proposition is the meaning of a declarative sentence” – we make about God that are wholly embedded in intellectual and spiritual fabrications and sets of assumptions. Or wholly embedded in existential leaps of faith.

And then there are propositions in which the “meaning embedded in a declarative statement” about God is backed up by actual substantive evidence that this God actually does in fact exist.

As for this:

An ILP member brought to my attention that she had an experience with Urwrong/Adam that involved what she deemed to be him stalking her. She went so far as to contact management here about it.

Okay, so what is his side of the story? Is he a stalker? And, if so, no matter what tree he sees God as, how does he reconcile stalking [if that’s what it was] with this God of His?

As for the “irony”, that can only revolve around the manner in which I construe any human behaviors as able to be rationalized in a No God world. Once God is shunted aside and someone comes to believe that morality revolves around “me, myself and I” then their frame of mind can shift from “is what I do immoral?” to “will I get caught doing it?”

Such claptrap around the word God! I dare say that although I mostly hang around the religion and spirituality forum on this website you speak of God far more than I do. And the afterlife for you is a close second. In the words of Longfellow “thou dost protest too much!” Freud called this phenomena “the return of the repressed”. Your obsession with God and the afterlife is the case for a textbook on psychoanalysis. Your ambivalence about it is exactly what psychoanalytic theory predicts.

I’ll leave the alleged foibles of Urwrong to you. I have yet to engage him in simple direct dialogue. I think he too supposes what he’s doing is polemics. But the fate of the world depends on how people line up with his opinions. So the stakes are higher for him than they are for you and your Dasein.