What is death?

IS it not something that has no life? Then what does it mean to have no life?

I believe it is a person who has no mind or a slave to something.
IT must be when a person who is trap in their jobs, every day the same routine: get up work, eat, come home, sex, have kids, and teach them to be a slave too.

you pose a great question that there really is no answer to. Death in essence is what you want it to be, within some boundaries. A father may say to a son “you are dead to me” because this son has done something or become somehing else that he does not approve of, but his mind and soul are still there.

I believe that death has to do with a loss of identity, and from which perspective its comming from. If a man happens to change his entire identity, so that he becomes a completely different person, his old self is “dead”. If one dies, in the eyes of others he cannot be recognized. If one dies, in the eyes of himself he no longer exists as he did before that moment.

Someone can"die inside", saying that that person feels hollow and no longer lives as himself, wandering the earth with no purpose or “being”. this is another deinition of death, loss of purpose.

In the end, death is whatever you want it to be, but we can all agree on one thing, we as humans are afraid of it because we DONT KNOW or understand what it is. If we did, would it still be death? I think that one element of death, a mjor part, is that we dont understand it and call it an end of life, but if we knew it would just be living in a different manner.

by the way a great song by Nine Inch Nails called “Every Day is Exactly the Same” is about the exact idea you speak of.

“Every Day Is Exactly The Same”

I believe I can see the future
Cause I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
But then again
That might have been a dream
I think I used to have a voice
Now I never make a sound
I just do what I’ve been told
I really don’t want them to come around

Oh, no

[Chorus:]
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain

I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I’m happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can’t remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end

[Chorus]

I’m writing on a little piece of paper
I’m hoping someday you might find
Well I’ll hide it behind something
They won’t look behind
I’m still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don’t know, I don’t know what else I can do

[Chorus x2]

Routine is structured and helpful. If you’ve noticed, the spontanious and irresponsible are the ones who end up losers in life. No job, no food, no home, no sex, no kids. Imagine life without it and then you’ll appreciate being a slave to it.

what is death? the end of life. how many times can you experiance death? once. hence the irreversability of death/life. what can we know about death before we die? its irreversable, like life, and occurs during the last moment of life. what inference can we derive from this? i’m mortal and my life will end. after my birth i move closer to my death until i die. whats this movement i speak of? life or a string of experiances

can we experiance anything after death? ask me after i die, before then i only have assumptions. (i’m catholic, and believe in a creator god/life after death) that is my faith and not anything i can ‘know’ during life.

See death by asking “What is a death?”
Death may be conquered, whence broken down this way.
Death is the cessation of everything exterior to one’s self.
One’s own death.
A single death is a death ‘belonging’ to an other. A beautiful reprieve. A sigh of relief

This is correct trevor, but Ichigorocks0090’s about identity is also correct, ones identity is gone is death, and comes into a new identity. Life also, once death happens we become something else.

If this is right then we should promote smoking, beer, and gambling for all ages. Even nudity, and adult contents for kids. Down the censorship, and give freedom and equality to all.

This does not explain anything. Or I am incapable of understanding this mini prose.

Death is stopping, end of the line. When energy ceases. Death is not that little change we do when our physical self stops ,death is when the energy that we were stops. All energy must change or flow. What happens when there is no energy? If energy = life, then does it not follow that; no energy = death? By known laws of nature and physics until there is no energy there is no death, only change.

Death is Worship in Singularity.

Well… these preconceived hypothesis’s of death and quantum, 'best wait till it happens. Its a nothing question dan020350, theres millions of fantastic posts to read already.

life is to feel willing death is to stop willing the aim is to feel being loved only God can love unfortunately being dead will not give you life that is why we must fight to not die on love will being until we see

This what bothers me the most, after iman post, for it reminded me one story in the " OTher Bible" which tells us a spirit or a soul unwilling to be born into the mortal world. Because life is suffering. But born into the world, this person nows does not want to die, because fear of death.

all souls are dead until they know the truth of suffer that is how i feel like understanding this spirit you aim to say i even feel like i love her because if she fear suffer and death it suerly means that she is

Death is what you make it , Life is what you make it.
yay duality! lol.

Agreed.

Death is change.

death is the last thing any living thing can experiance.

can an inanimate thing die? no, they can wear out though.

Death is not, where you see duality i see a will to give truths to deads, where you feel evolution changes i think one preparation of further life to come, there is no life outside the feelings of God, life is being like God

How can we expierence death, if we are not there to experience it?
HOw can inanimate thing wear out ?

wether death is like a sleep you don’t wake up from or like a (religious bias) moving on of my soul, i’ll not know until i die. either way its inevitable that i will die, therefore its the last thing that i (as a living thing) can experiance. i don’t know if my death will be painful/peaceful , expected/unexpected, i just know with 100% certainty it will happen and it will be the last in (hopefully) a long line of animate/bodily experiances. wether or not i am aware of my surroundings the last time i experiance my body/environment is dependent on how i die. death is what happens when my body ceases to operate. wether or not i’m aware of my death as it happens is circumstantial. if i die in my sleep will i keep dreaming(if i was dreaming)? no,my mind stops working when i die.
if i die can i experiance anything afterward?i’ll only know after i experiance death. wether or not i can experiance anything after death is impossible to know with certainty during life.