What is the soul made of?

I think the most people have different viewpoints on what the soul are made of.
Here is a link related to it:
snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

What viewpoints do you have to this? Could it be the soul, and is the soul something physical?

I JUST READ THAT ARTICLE LOL HAHAHHAHAHA

“WELL, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THERE IT IS. THE QUESTION THAT HAS PLAGUED PHILOSOPHERS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS IS ANSWERED BY USING MODERN SCIENTIFIC METHODOLOGY. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THAT EASY? YOU JUST WEIGH THE PERSON BEFORE THEIR DEATH, THEN AFTER. ANY DISCREPANCY IN THE MEASUREMENTS ALLOWS ONE TO DEDUCE, WITH COMPLETE CERTAINTY, THAT THE ‘MISSING WEIGHT’ CANNOT BE ACCOUNTED FOR EXCEPT BY POSITING THE EXISTENCE OF THE SOUL! OH HOW AQUINAS AND FRIENDS WOULD BE PLEASED AT SUCH A NOTION!”

i’m sorry, i’m an asshole. i can’t help it. at least put this in the “religion” forum.

<<OH HOW AQUINAS AND FRIENDS WOULD BE PLEASED AT SUCH A NOTION!>>

Hmm…and i thought the soul was the substantial form of the body. (De Amima)

I’ve always been of the belief (and perhaps this is due to upbringing) that the soul is yellow, made of plastic, and produced rather cheaply, somewhere west of Kuala Lumpur. It is, in fact, separate from the body, and lives on after the physical body dies. Scientists agree that it “doesn’t do all that much.” As I type this post, I’m noticing several pieces of soul in one form or another strewn around the kids’ playroom. Soul often likes to take the form of the rear of a variety of truck replicas, many of which are used to deposit refuse. More on this later.

damn! i knew someone would get me on some kind of technicality there. i just needed any kind of medieval name there to make the joke… i hadn’t checked it for “philosophical accuracy”. :sunglasses:

imagination

The soul is compsed of two elements: One rational the other non-rational. Those two elements are further broken down into 4 categories under which you include practical wisdom, theoretical wisdom…ah i would have go back and read Aristotle and his Ethics again before I can give a complete answer here…I might post later with a detailed definition.

I want to start of with something simple. I would say soul and body are connected while you are alive. The real question gets to be whether the soul is just your mind, partially your mind and partially something else, or has nothing to do with your mind at all.

soul is made out of soul just like everything