What is the true purpose of living a human life on Earth?

What is the true purpose of living a human life on Earth?
I warmly invite your comments :slight_smile:

A human life? As opposed to what?

A general question such as yours overlooks a few significant possibilities because it already assumes that we are all intended to have the same purpose - which may not be true at all. My own thoughts bring me to believe that there is no universal predetermined purpose of human life (or any life). People determine purpose as they live, even if they aren’t conscious of doing so. Biology, environment, POV, perceived roles, etc. all contribute to a person’s understanding of his life and purpose or lack thereof.

@fj lol

@fuse well said.

cheers, volchok

fj, that was pretty funny

Hi fuse

How do you feel about life after death?
What are your thoughts on reincarnation and karma?
The universal laws of cause and effect?

Thank you for your first reply my freind :slight_smile:

Seek that which is found merely by the seeking of it.
Delight in the search for Eternal Joy.

I have always been interested in the question, What is the purpose of space, especially the space between my ears. I once thought it was simply to hold my hair in place, then I got a little suspicious when it occurred to me, that if I did not have hair, I would not have to wash and comb it.

And it really came to my realization something was amiss, when I found I had to cut the damn stuff, meaning that the same space had less hair to hold.

I remember some idiot called Aristotle who said something to the effect that not knowing which things require demonstration and which do not indicates not only a lack of education, but a complete lack of sense. This made me feel a little better, learning that the elements, the first principles are not things at all, and cannot then be predicated of and that anyone who thinks they can, and generate a pile of words, are completely senseless as to what words have meaning and which are nothing more than gibberish.

Well, all is well and fine, but I do need special shampoo.

Now, If I were an optician, and should learn that some eyes have a different purpose than other eyes, I would be hard pressed to know which vendor could provide me with glasses for the blind, and which one could google with.

Now imagine this. Time qua time, is not a thing. It becomes a thing when we apply form to it, we cut it up into seconds, hours, years, those are things. Material in a boundary.

now life is the same, it is not a thing, however, we infect that life with a form, a form called human behavior, and it becomes a thing, our life. Now our life is exactly what we make of it, by what form of behavior we inflict upon it.

One is not stupid to ask why they did this or that, but why life? That is a conceptual fragment, and if one does not know the difference between a conceptual fragment and a whole concept, well, I think someone is not yet alive at all.

No true singular objective purpose exists. You create your own purpose and you die along with it.

Yes, I talked with my respiratory system, they created their own purpose.

So did my digestive system.

My ocular system.

They are just as detached from reality as that statement.

What do you mean by that statement?

Do you think someone is capable of reasoning who cannot spot a statement that implies relation to self?

I don’t think so.

Everything revolves around the self even descriptions that are outside of the self since it is the self interpreting.

You don’t get out much, do you?

Relation to self is inadmissible. Or you can say A - A = 0. Or you can say that something which has a function does not function in order to have a function. Including the human mind.

The most prevalent form of schizoid psychology is when one believes that they themselves determine what their purpose in life is. Such a belief is the most primitive kind of self-referential fallacy possible.

Therefore, when you erect an educational system that instills psychosis into the populace as a matter of course, then a psychotic society will be the only result.

I try to. =P~

What else is there?

Sure, I believe in determinism where everything is determined however I believe the relation to the self is something that is equally determined.

Is it a hallucination on the part of the self? Maybe. Let’s call it a useful hallucination if you prefer the eastern philosophy of no self.

Be pragmatic about it.

Only if their will is strong enough are they able to determine what their life is.

The weak let others determine what their life is for them.

You act like there is some other kind of society out there that exists in make believe that isn’t psychotic like the one were all acquainted with. That’s cute.

Here, try this;

The most prevalent form of schizoid psychology is when one believes that they themselves determine what their purpose in life is. Such a belief is the most primitive kind of self-referential fallacy possible.

Therefore, when you erect an educational system that instills psychosis into the populace as a matter of course, then a psychotic society will be the only result.

And, conversely, to teach children that they have a job, a function, which is biologically determined, then, and only then, can one turn the tide of aberrant human psychology and human madness towards their fellow man.

more baseless assertions from Sophist8569.

you have three options at this point to save face:

1. evidence for objective purpose
  2. tits
  3. gtfo

you should try reading more than comic books.

Would not biological determination be self interpretive?

Who or what would determine the lives of others?

Be as it may individuals in power or authority do like so much determining the lives others besides their own.