What is the ultimate purpose of Philosophy ?

I’m being serious. We can go all over loads and loads of theories and practice and still get nowhere. We can’t even prove what we thought of is correct. It can seem to fit. But we can’t actually prove that what fits is correct because we are imperfect in our deduction and perception and imagination. All we can do is agree. That is all.

And so all thats left that is what people are supposed to get out of philosophy is a selfish self-satisfaction, satisfying curiosity. So thats why I think that is the ultimate purpose. Just something to do and enjoy. Like anything else in life. No actual point to it. Just living and doing for the sake of it just coz we can and feel the need to.

still_mind,
I am, unfortunately, no closer to understanding why you think only a few questions are good but not the rest, moreover, you still haven’t answered my question(s):

You say:

Making it sound as though there is some kind of set definition of what is of serious interest to philosophy, can you explain this ‘everything’ you speak of that you won’t go tete a tete for? Another question I have for you is, seeing that you possess knowledge in what is urgent to philosophy and what will be answered in the right time, I was hoping you could share this knowledge with me. What exactly is it that is urgent to philosophy and what is it that can wait until the right time? Lastly, are we talking about questions themselves or HOW we ask these questions? Which is to say, what is your reasoning for being satisfied with ‘what’ ‘why’ and ‘how’ as opposed to the rest?

What’s your take?

Just because no one’s found it yet doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Reality is independent of perception. Certainly, perception impacts how we interact with reality. However, that does not mean that perception actually creates reality.

Either that or we are in The Matrix, lol

Still

Someone in another group had suggested that Philosophy today, the way things are, will only be truly appreciated in the realm of politics. My first thought was, puajjjj , what a bummer !, then when I calmly examined the situation,I realized that the premise carry some weight.
I understand what you are saying, and I tried to make a point with the die-hard intellectuals about it to no avail.
Could it be possible that really only into present day politics Philosophy could have a relevant home ?

Still

!

Well, my friend, I hope the ultimate reason for Philosophy is to try to save the world. Don’t you think that after we arrive at a point of say, achieving some decent amount of knowledge that we should use it for the greateast good,?, there you may ask, what is the greatest good ?. well, to me is the benefit of Humanity as a whole.I can’t think of anything more diligent than that.
I hope that answers your question…

Still