What it does is what it Is

Creative usually implies a creator. An artist creates a picture; and artisan creates a window. It is an abuse of lanaguage to pretend that nature is consciously creating.
Maybe you could say that an artist is simply determined to paint, but an artist has the ability ABSENT IN NATURE to refelct and respond. Evolution does not do that.
That is why the word creative is not appropriate, outside conscious animals mainly humans
And for sure evolution does not move in this way.

Are you deliberately doing this obfuscating?
All myths predate Darwin. Consciousness predates myths, and evolution predates consciousness.
Evolution predates God.
ANd no one experiences evolution in the conventional sense. We all die with the same genome we were born with.

How about this a prevalent myth about Turtles holding up the universe energes from human invention; so does Mars Bars - so what?

And as for your friend Eugenicist Huxley he said; " “The ordinary man, or at least the ordinary poet, philosopher and theologian, always was anxious to find purpose in the evolutionary process. I believe this reasoning to be totally false.”

Then why did Sir Julian waste his time proposing a natural religion?

Once again, Sculptor, what are you doing here? You have added nothing to the thread but your disclaimers. which betray a severely limited point of view. I’m sorry if I provided here such fertile ground for your attacks on religion. If only you could mirror Einstein’s views about God, then you and I would be close to an understanding of each other. As it is, it’s like a he said/she said fruitless argument. Do I have to have this thread locked to be rid of you? I’m about ready to give it up.

If anyone is interested–
God predates evolution–the Prime Mover.
Evolution produced consciousness in organisms with brains.
Worship of some form of deity is as old as human consciousness.
Within human consciousness the idea of God evolved from belief in many gods (Aspects of Nature), to human type gods (Greek & Roman), to a single, paternal god and to God as the condition of all Being.
Humans have been allowed to see God in their own time and space as that which is within us and outside us, as that which designed us to evolve into further understanding…

Wrong. There was no god until recently. Evolution goes back billions of years.

Depends how you define “human”. And were you to accept a scientific definition you would simply not be in any kind of position to make that statement.
It is unlikley that homo erectus would worship a god.

If you accept that then you are contradicting your own statement that “god predates evolution”.

Who or what is “allowing”?

What the fuck are you doing here.
This is PHILOSOPHY.
Why don’t you bugger off and find a nice religious Forum where you can blab on and on and on about the nonsense you spout?

I accept Einstein’s view of god, which you clearly have no the slightest idea about. Einstein was an atheist

Because he was an ATHEIST.
Please do your research.

Ierrellus

Thank you for that warm welcome, Ierrellus.
As for where I have been, I am still trying to figure all of that out. It just may take the rest of my life. But to use sculptor’s word, I love an expedition.
Sometimes it takes a pandemic to discover who we really are and who we really were not.

If you were to summarize it into one paragraph, what would you say?

Is that necessarily true?

Yes, but clearly that depends on what “it” is.

Let’s put this to the test…

That is a block of concrete…
What does it do
Nothing.

Oh?

Sure - be it set in concrete.

And do you encode and decode?
Is that ALL you do?

Encode_Decode,
Beware of oncoming derision and ad hom. Sculptor lurks and flames for such.

Arcturus Descending,
What it does is what it is.
A block of concrete may be the cornerstone of a house.
It had a creator and a purpose.

This does not advance the claim “what it does is what it is”, which only needs a single example to refute the claim.

I am sure encode-decode is perfectly able to take care of themselves.

Have you not read the description of what Sandbox is all about? This is not necessarily philosophy; it is about deep thought.
You accept no idea of God, Einstein’s, which I’ve read, or anybody else’s.
Julian Huxley was not an atheist.
What humongous Ego wastes its time on what it considers nonsense?

Clarification–since this is a thread about the experience of evolution, what it does is what it is pertains mostly to living beings.

People do not experience evolution since they die with the same genome that they are born with.
Evolution procedes through the death of unfit individuals failing to produce viable progeny.
That is not to say that informal evolution other than natural selection can be seen in many living systems. But the actual human experience of evolution is limited.

Your confusionf about J Huxley can easily be explained if you were interested. But your ears are stuffed with cotton wool

Natural religion is all about ejecting god as a cause and estblishing humans has conscious agents willing to design the next generation of humanity.
To that end Huxley was a big proponent of EUGENICS, like Hitler.