What it means

Hi Xunian

I notice the ian ending. Are you Armenian? If so, I have a lot of Armenian in me as well.

I hope it is meaningful for the astute reader. At the same time this thread was active the Wretched Man thread was also active. On that thread it was hip to thread crash by saying the same things about me.

By me saying the same thing here and getting the reaction it did as compared to the same thing happening where it is condoned just reveals again our hypocrisy. This is a big question in relation to the Tao. Everything sounds wonderful that is said but what about human nature. What is the effect of human nature in regareds the effect of the Tao?

But this is what has happened here and was accepted as the way to be and driven off those that could hold a conversation. This is now the lay of the land.

At one time I was looking to begin a thread on the comparisons of “suffering” from the Christian, Buddhist, and Tao perspective. It could have been interesting but those days are over. Now the idea is to destroy as Faust believes which destroys a meaningful discussion where people are not beginning with agreement…

At least I was proving something important. The best I can do under the circumstances is point out the modern difficulty with the Tao in that our lives are too chaotic to benefit from it as would be normally possible. More often than not people prefer to hide away to remain calm but when situations like this happen, they explode. IMO it is unhealthy psychologically to suppress like that and then explode.

A real conversation would compare the roles of active Attention in their respective practices but those days appear to be over.

The point was made and now it is over. There is a thread going on now about the Tao. Wonderful thoughts but what does it mean in relation to human being and what are its implications? So I’ll wait to see if anyone says something that I find appealing.