What they'd have to do to get rid of me

They’d have to get every Nietzsche believer and make it so that one of their brain cells is alive for a good while- and only one each. But even this probably wouldn’t solve their problem (when you think about it).

(Sorry to sound so morbid but I just thought I’d say that.)

who are they?

[size=50](please don’t think I’m obsessed by you)[/size]

My enemies. Although, I’m not sure if any really exist…

(PS OP amended)

Impious do you get out of your house often???

Yeah. I go pubbing with mates pretty often, that sorta thing.

you’re reading too much :unamused:

I haven’t picked up a book in days, actually…

(PS OP amended again)

Pubbing , that explains alot, I used to do that too, we new where every bar was that gave out free food and on which days it was done. 7 days a week you could drink 2 for one beers and have a grand free meal.

dear impious,

i do not think the man to which you refer would approve of this one bit

no, rather i think he’d be much more inclined to scorn you and curse you for slandering his name

indeed you turn him into everything he spoke vehemently against, and you do not even realize it.

he would then laugh at you for being among the dunces he warned would someday grow like weeds out of his writings.

is this not the very definition of tragedy?

may i urge you to do nietzsche’s thought an earnest favor? spend some time reading other’s interpretations of his thought, and see how you might incorporate them into your own.

nietzsche’s philosophy is perhaps unique in that, while as relevant as ever, it is not something to be copied or interpreted in any literal or absolute sense.

it should serve as a guide for perspective in one’s own thought

do realize that no interpretation of him is perfect, that each is idiosyncratic.

and last but not least, on a pleasant day and a good dose of opium, perhaps nietzsche might kindly ask you to be a little more careful with his ideas.

thus i shall ask the same.

love,
af

You know, Zarathustra talks explicitly about ‘his enemies’ (in The Funeral Song, I think).

well said, amor fati. :unamused:

Of the Bestowing Virtue

The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

One repays a teacher badly if one remains only a pupil. And why, then, should you not pluck at my laurels?

You respect me; but how if one day your respect should tumble? Take care that a falling statue does not strike you dead!

You say you believe Zarathustra? But of what importance is Zarathustra? You are my believers: but of what importance are all believers?

You had not yet sought yourselves when you found me. Thus do all believers; therefore all belief is of so little account.

Now I bid you lose me and find yourselves; and only when you have all denied me will I return to you.’

I love this passage! ‘Nietzscheans’ should reflect about it every single day…

Yes but I’m special. In becoming what I am I became a believer… So that essentially, I’m now a believer who has become himself. My Self does not remain undiscovered. This passage is not aimed at me. It’s not as simple as that when it comes to me. I reckon Nietzsche would show me hella respect, pesonally- unlike most believers…

So in other words, you believe yourself to be Nietzsche’s reincarnate?

You claim for yourself the single exception (or perhaps you claim more?) of which he makes no mention whatsoever.

Surely you believe yourself an embodiment of the superman, but where does he absolve the superman of his maxim, impious?

there are no exceptions, for indeed the maxim is very much a condition of the superman himself

you have yet to find your own identity, your own uniqueness, and so you call Nietzsche that significance and blindly attach yourself to him

‘I am he who knows Zarathustra, for I am special and thus he speaks to me’ - thus you must convince yourself again and again

that little voice in your head must convince you of your uniqueness and special case - but alas, he is also the ‘Spirit of Gravity’

he is your fear of insignificance and your ambiguous sense of identity and self-expression - thus your ego latches itself to Zarathustra

but the superman creates beyond himself, he gives birth to his own identity and creation and self-expression

he plants his own tree, rather than swing from the arms and branches of others as mere men do

the sooner you face yourself and your fears, the sooner you will see to your bottom

there you will laugh at yourself like a child laughs, there you will find love for yourself

and thus you will bear witness to your own spiritual emergence - the Self both above and behind the self in harmonic dance

“For let us assume that the task, the destiny, the fate of the task transcends the average very significantly: in that case, nothing could be more dangerous than catching sight of oneself with this task. To become what one is, one must not have the faintest notion what one is. From this point of view even the blunders of life have their own meaning and value - the occasional side roads and wrong roads, the delays, the “modesties,” seriousness wasted on tasks that are remote from the task. All this can express a great prudence, even supreme prudence: where ‘know thyself’ would be the recipe for ruin, and forgetting oneself, misunderstanding oneself, making oneself smaller, narrower, mediocre, become reason itself.”

Ecce Homo, Why I Am So Clever 9

groan

This belief you have that I’m yet to suss myself out is completely ridiculous- and quite frankly, an insult.