Who discovered North America ?

Seems to me the greater detail would be a natural consequence of spending more time on one coast or the other.

I didn’t realize you know the Zheng He expeditions spent more time on the West coast. :slight_smile:

As I wrote in an earlier post … details confuse me. :slight_smile:

That’s right. Ships leaving China into the Pacific Ocean would be vastly more likely to spend more time on the US West coast than the East, since they have to sail alllll the way around the tip of South America to get to our East Coast.

I’m not the one who started patting himself on the back about how merciful it is not to push others into the Truth. And now here you are using any lack of certainty as an excuse for your wishful thinking. You insult me, and you can’t even managed to do it without being a hypocrite.

If you have some substantial reason to believe Zheng He made it to Cuba, present it. Nothing is stopping you other than it’s lack of existence.

Yeah … your above statement is a doubtless fact.

Ooops … almost forgot … going through the North West passage from East to West would eventually bring them to the West Coast of North America … and being the last stage of their circumnavigation of the globe … likely impatient to get back home.

Of course … deductive reasoning is always trumped by facts … well done Ucci :smiley:

Yes, I know. It is a doubtless fact that a Chinese ship sailing across the specific is more likely to spend time on the North American West Coast than the East Coast. That’s right. In order for them to have spent more time on the East Coast, you would need an insane, convoluted theory with next to no evidence supporting it, such as your idea that they went around the entire world first and used a Northwest Passage that nobody else knew about.

Did you also forget that the Northwest Passage is world famous for not existing (at least without an ice breaker), and the idea that the Chinese had access to one came from your imagination?

… and the crowd clamored for an encore!!

… and the honorable Ucci … drenched in modesty … delivered.

=D> =D>

Ucci … you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a shit about such trivial matters

I’m simply returning a kindness(s) you rendered me in your earlier posts in other OPs.

A kindness rendered compels one to reciprocate … no?

I’m not modest. But I don’t turn the conversation to people’s personal traits when I can’t refute their points.

Yes, no doubt in other threads you spouted unsubstantiated rubbish and I called it out there, too. You were probably making unfounded generalization about what all religious people or all ‘people in the West’ are like. That’s sort of your thing, right?

… as if right on cue … just posted some more comments fitting your above description in the OP “Truth is long-sighted”

Don’t miss out on yet another opportunity for you to piss all over my thoughts. :laughing: