WHO, WHO are You?

Yeah I used to think I should do this or that to avoid life’s suffering then I noticed that everyone suffers. I know plenty of people who have chased after one thing or another and all of them suffer the same. The lazy homeless guy has good day and bad ones, as do the doctors and politicians and wall streeters. No amount of depriving yourself of the things that make you happy will change the fact that you’ll suffer from the moment of birth to the moment of death, and it seems like you can only fight it down to a certain base level so once you get it there just start enjoying yourself. At least knowing that enjoyment is contingent on suffering, I can stop worrying about trying to get rid of suffering altogether and start being happy according to a realistic definition of what happy can be rather than an idealized one where there’s simply no suffering at all.

I am a pretty cool person :wink:

In Order:

1.) Hopes & Future Plans

-I have two children; a five-year old son and a one-and-a-half year old daughter. I hope that they do well by whatever their own standards of doing well are, whatever those standards, it is my job to best facilitate them being able to accomplish their goals.

-In the shorter term, my wife is going back to college for Nursing. I hope that she graduates and becomes a nurse. After she successfully completes this objective, as her salary would greatly exceed my current earning capabilities, I’m going to take about a year-and-a-half off until both of the kids are in school for a full day. I have no idea what I will do (occupationally) after that, I may go back to school to become a teacher, but again, I’m not sure. I might also pursue a Master’s Degree in Economics in order to become a College Professor. I’m still not sure that’s what I want to do, though.

-I don’t really live in a world of fantasies, being pragmatic, I tend to just do what needs to be done…which is make as much money as possible without having to travel out-of-state for work. It is for this reason, however, that it has been a few years since I’ve thought about what I would do if my options were more open, so I’m honestly not too sure.

-My wife is also on the fence about moving to Hawaii one day. I really don’t care either way, though I don’t much care for hot weather. I’ll adjust.

2.) Romantic Involvement

-I’m married, and I have been married for five-and-a-half years.

3.) Social Involvements

-I have very few social involvements. I don’t have very many friends (outside of message boards) simply because I don’t have much time to commit to a RL friendship. There are a few people from another message board who I will meet in person, at some point, as their schedules are equally limited. In addition to that, we (my wife and I) get along very well with her mother/father and my mother/step-dad alike, so we go to visit those people fairly often. My wife gets along with both of her sisters, and one of them lives very close to us, so we have the nephews over somewhat frequently. Many people are surprised to find this out, but while outgoing and polite, I’m also a very private person in RL and do not forge many close friendships, nor wish to.

4.) Age

5.) Physical Appearance

-I’m 6’4" and currently weigh 222 lbs. I have short brown hair and eyes that switch colors, but are usually some combination of blue/green/gold. I keep a goatee and trim it with a two-guard.

6.) Place I Live

-I live in a house in a semi-rural area. I own the house which has three bedrooms (could be four), dining room, two full baths, attached garage, detached garage, and sits on about .8 acre with a stream feeding into a creek (that actually starts on my property), burnpit, two apple trees, and a few grapevines. Grape production has sucked every year I have lived there because the days have been too bright and hot. I believe three years ago was an exception, as I would have had a three-day window to pick a ton of grapes, but I was extremely busy those days and another extremely hot day killed them all.

7.) Housekeeping

-What is meant by this? We keep the house clean, if that is the question.

8.) Cooking

-We are vegetarians, and both my wife and I enjoy cooking. She’s probably a 9/10 overall and I’m probably a 7.5/10, with respect to our cooking skills.

9.) Travel Plans

-Nothing scheduled at this time. We’ll probably take a trip of some sort in September/October, but have not even begun to discuss where.

10.) Books in Progress

-None, presently. I’ve been more interested in scholarly articles and research papers, recently.

11.) Quirks

-I can only leave somewhere if the time ends in :15, :30, :45, :00. I can only start a new task (unless it is important) if the time ends in a five or a zero. I only make phone calls if the time ends in a five or a zero. I hate baths and swimming in any body of water, so I will only take showers.

12.) Fetishes

-I don’t have any.

I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before, but damn you’re tall Pav :stuck_out_tongue: and that’s some interesting quirks you got there :confused:

Thanks, pav (that's what everyone seems to call you.) I wish  everyone could be as candid.  Sorry for belated acknowledgement