Why “Creating” Your Own Meaning is A Moronic Concept

1. As a corporeal entity, you are alive in a universe defined by natural laws and essences of existence.
  2. These laws dictate your potential patterns of behaviour to a substantially significant extent.
  3. A foolish individual thinks he has more power than he does, and does not seek power where he can actually obtain it.

As a result of these predications, life is manifested as an entity that exists to be experienced. It’s essence yearns to be observed and mulled. It’s essence exists as part of all beings, but can be greater absorbed through the will of the individual.

Those who say that one can create their own meaning to existence independent of these realities are in fact, and will remain, as nothing more than ineffectual eunuchs. Their philosophies lead to nothing more than impotent nothingness, and their lives are nothing but a squandered and macabre freak show. So they are seen, and so they will be seen unto the end of time.

True meaning (Real Power) is obtained through plumbing the depths of the universe. All the purest essences of life must be absorbed and digested. One understands themselves as a manifestation of the universe, and therefore born of it’s very own will. It is from these essences that one develops true meaning and purpose. Not from the inept ramblings of the eunuch logician or materialist atheist, or the scientist who cannot comprehend the reason he concocts his potions.

Therefore, do not look for those who promise you nothingness, as it will lead to nothing more than your pitiful, deceived death.

You have been warned - Duality

It appears as though you’ve created some meaning for yourself, and are annoyed that not everyone shares it…

i feel that way a lot, too - i think we all do from time to time.

I actually created this thread out of pity for all the depressed materialist atheists I constantly see on here and across the internet. These guys just seem so desperate and fragile, that I would feel like a vile subhuman rodent if I didn’t at least put this out there for those that needed it.

edit: Also gonna add these laws, since I think it may provide further clarification

THERE is
NO NATURAL
RELIGION

• Mans perceptions are not bounded by organs of perception, he percieves more than sense (tho’ ever so acute) can discover
  • Reason or the ratio of all we have already known, is not the same that it shall be when we know more
  • If the many become the same as the few, when possess’d, More! More! is the cry of a mistaken soul, less than All cannot satisfy Man
  • If any could desire what he is incapable of possessing, despair must be his eternal lot
  • The desire of Man being Infinite the possession is Infinite & himself Infinite
  • Conclusion If it were not for the Poetic or Prophetic character. the Philosophic & Experimental would soon be at the ratio of all things. & stand still, unable to do other than repeat the same dull round over again
  • Application He who sees the Infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the Ratio only sees himself only
  • Therefore God becomes as we are, that we may be
  • as he is

If we knew where the line is then most of our problems would be solved. We don’t know and so we stumble around. That does not necessarily make us foolish.

Nobody creates meaning out of a void. All meanings are derived from interpretations of reality except in the case of mentally ill individuals.

Essences are man made objects. :slight_smile:

“As the true method of knowledge is experiment the true faculty of knowing must be the faculty which experiences, This faculty I treat of.”

Your philosophy leads only to weakness, death and impotence. Please try again.

Experiments only work if you can control all variables except the one of interest. In real life, such control is not possible. When you experience something, you are usually uncertain about which factor caused the specific result. That produces different interpretations and different philosophies.

All die.
I’m not sure what leads to weakness in what I said.

Thanks for delineating my point perfectly. All you possess is the brick wall of nothingness that you keep banging yourself into. Please enjoy the rest of your futile philosophical inconsequentiality. I am a pragmatist, not a mortician.

edit: Btw, all knowledge is contextual. All else is sophistry. To extrapolate anything to a realm of higher thought has nothing to do with knowledge or validity. Therefore, all considerations should be based upon practical result.

In what way are the mentally ill exceptional here, phyllo?

A schizophrenic who hears voices and hallucinates is not reacting to the real world.

He’s not?

What you are saying just sounds like dogma.
I am also pragmatic. I have a philosophy of life based on what I have been taught, what I have researched and what I have experienced. I don’t call other people foolish or moronic because I have not walked in their shoes. Their interpretations of their experiences may be quite reasonable. Or it may be based on their limitations. I don’t know. I can’t judge in most cases.

The whole point of this thread is that I am basically scrapping materialism, empiricism and blind dogma as impotent and ineffective limitations (at best, and destructive entities at worst) to the individual’s experience of life.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

You are suggesting that ‘hearing voices’ is a ‘real world’ experience? I would say that it is entirely fabricated in the brain and is merely a thought.

Empiricism is pretty useful, no? Are you lumping empiricism together with blind dogma?

Yes, I am. It happens in time and space, it has a primary cause and it has supporting conditions. Are you suggesting there is a clear line differentiating the sane from the insane? “Sane” people function in precisely the same way.

If empiricism just means “experience” then we couldn’t get along without it.

If it specifically means “scientific experimentation” I would say it is pretty useful - although also harmful i.e. the amount of toxins and carcinogens that have been released into the environment as the result of scientific discovery and creation. But of course, that is balanced out by the many great consumer products we can now purchase.

Please read the whole entire sentence to understand it’s context. Thanks.

I did. Please explain.

Just found this article. Looks good. No time to read it - I guess I’m putting it here so I can come back to it and check it out.