Why did we stop inventing gods?

Greatest I Am,

Hello, Mohamed Ali :evilfun:

So what would that be ~~ the perfection of nature?
Can nature be seen, in actuality, as being perfect?
It is perfect by my perception most of the time but can one call nature “perfect”? Nature is natural, it abides by natural law, though not always, I don’t believe ~~but perfect?
Are hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes perfect? They are beautiful to behold but are things which are capable of causing great chaos and destruction perfect?
What is perfect?

So what you’re saying here is that nature is sentient and ethical; that it ALSO has its own purpose in mind? :open_mouth:

But is that [really] so? Give me an example of this?

It works both ways.
The totality of all natural conditions spawns humans over millennia of evolutionary processes. Humans, then, being created, create gods.

Something is perfect when it is exactly as it ought to be. If you say that everything in nature happens as it ought, then nature is perfect. Others will disagree if they have different ideas on how things ought to be.

Matter and energy are partners in a dance in which they change places and identities. Who here can say who or what causes this dance to be as it is? God is as good an answer as any other. After all what’s in a name? Natural forces will act as they will regardless of what they are called. The problem seems to be our propensity to not see God as anything but human. Thus we color evolution with notions of teleology and anthropomorphism. There are social and political reasons for this way of seeing, reasons that have to do with control of some persons by others. In short, is God an Is or a Should Be?" Is the dance rigged? By us? By whom or what?

The dance is not rigged, it is but a misunderstood process of the energy of transformation, the realization of the relationship between the Ying and the Yang.

It is but a necessary but very rare form of a hidden anachronism, hiding the nemesis of each other, within their own fold.

Any life would be an example.

Look at your own birth.

Do you see the natural forces at work then as creating you for your best possible end or for some end that is less than you might accomplish?

“So what you’re saying here is that nature is sentient and ethical; that it ALSO has its own purpose in mind? :open_mouth:

Nowhere do I indicate that nature has intelligence.

Regards
DL

It works both ways.
The totality of all natural conditions spawns humans over millennia of evolutionary processes. Humans, then, being created, create gods.
[/quote]
Indeed. As it should be.

Regards
DL

To answer that we would just have to answer, — do priests, preachers and imams lie to us.

The answer is obviously yes.

Regards
DL