Why does "homophobia" exist?

I have no idea why gay people are so, but it seems to have no use beyond the sexual: from my view-point, that is - I get hit on by other females, and it’s always on a purely sexual level which is not a priority for me, and so I resist! :evilfun:

Sure… I believe you :-"

:laughing:

…what about bi-sexuals? how do they fit into the mix… :confusion-shrug:

LMMFAOROTFL …

Wait, it’s okay for God to hate fags and queers, but wrong for an atheist?

I’m going to have to think about this Phaed, I might be offended. Quick, someone pray for him, obviously he’s going to Hell.

How many atheists believe that one chooses to be gay? It sure doesn’t seem that way to me. Perhaps there are environmental (ie “nurture”) factors that can contribute to it, but think about it- why would anyone choose to be homosexual? You’re just setting yourself for a lifetime of hassles. Maybe some people like being persecuted but the average person takes the path of least resistance. Plus, it would be damned difficult to force yourself to slob on some dudes gob if you’re as straight as, say, I am.

I don’t know, you tell me. It’s a genetic switch as far as I can tell, with a small percentage being “environmental” homosexuals. I just don’t think God should have free reign on hating … I just wanted to join in too … can’t we share the hate? Isn’t there plenty to go around? Man, you elitist types, you take everything for yourselves …

Plus, I’m not all that convinced about your … hrmmm … "straight"ness … LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL … you could be a switch hitter.

No, Mas- you and Yopele may have me ‘curious’ but I’m not ready to join the pink team just yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, that brings up the one valid reason to “choose” homosexuality, if it’s a choice- most men will nail anything with a heartbeat. Gay guys probably suffer a helluva a lot less rejection that straight guys. :laughing:

Yeah, if you’re Christian you’re allowed to pretty much hate everyone. It would be nice to get in on that.

why does homophobia exist?

people must have something to hate.

Scapegoats are an essential part of the social farce.

Everyone is afraid of different people…

yeah, it has something to do with fear too.

If man was uniform there would be no Disagreements but there would also be no progress…

This one is easy, and plus I can use what Tabula Rasa always says and look really fucking brilliant.

It’s genetic survival, everything is measured as “eat/don’t eat” “kill/don’t kill” “shag/don’t shag” … it’s just that simple.

“Not like” means, from an evolutionary perspective, a higher likelihood of not being healthy for the individual.

See I’m fucking bloody brilliant like a Brit.

Duh…I am asking why though.

That doesnt answer anything.

As far as we can tell Squirells dont have a homophobic culture. Squirells follow those same rules.

Then you aren’t paying attention.

If an “unlike” thing represents unhealthy/deadly status to the individual, through the course of genetic advancement, physical and mental cursors of revulsion are developed; “hate”.

Hello? Readinf is phundiementals?

That didnt answer anything…

Squirells dont hate gay squirells so your…

“If an “unlike” thing represents unhealthy/deadly status to the individual, through the course of genetic advancement, physical and mental cursors of revulsion are developed; “hate”.”

…doesnt work.

…God…

Do you have any evidence for this thesis about gay squirrels? Other than the fact it sounds like an excellent premise for a Family Guy cut-away.

::snicker, snicker:: ::chuckle:: =D>

I caught a PBS documentary on homosexuality for 10 minutes and I saw numerous male animals trying to mount and hump other male animals. The recievers of said hump continued doing whatever they were doing pre hump.

Here is where ignorance shines like a light unto the world. That’s called dominance behavior, and isn’t homosexuality.

When two male hippo engage in combat to decide mating rights, the loser not only gets humped, he gets the other’s shit sprayed all over him.

Let me guess, I’m wrong and hippo are fecapheliacs.

Homosexual squirrels? Coprophiliac hippos? So much material, so little time!

LMMFAOROTFLMMFAO … =D> (Giggety, giggety)