Why Does Life Suck?

Three reasons-----death, death, death…

Why don’t you just enjoy life? Worry about death when you are sucking your last breath.

what sucks about death? it’s just something that happens. part of the process.

death of a child sucks…has anyone experienced that…

well, i’ve seen how awful death can be for the living, i suppose - but all the more reason to be zen about it. tragedy mongering makes it suck all the more - like the death of a child is always treated as inherently tragic - but it doesn’t need to be - tragedy is something we project onto things in the world.

yes life invariably involves grief, which is admittedly no fun - but you shouldn’t jump from that to the conclusion life sucks. death, like life, is what you make of it.

i am not proposing that all of life sucks…but once you have personally experienced the death of a child you will understand that life can suck big time…

The right to death is the only right that is assured to a living creature.
It does not suck it is just something that will happen eventually.
Blessed be those who had died for they are no longer dying.

I’ve said this before. My toenail clippings NEVER go into the toilet when I’m clipping my toes. Life sucks!

There are situations you are not allowed to die when you want.
People are often hooked up to machine and forced to live even though they can be begging other to unplug and let them go because of physical pain, etc.
And you can get tortured, too.
Death isn’t always easy/assured, either, unfortunately.

Death is always assured. It is inevitable. You will eventually die no matter what happens.
There are also always ways to bring that death about sooner if you have the willpower to do so. And if you are incapable of doing so it means you either treasure your life or are not conscious to do anything about it in which case you are already dead and just a moving carcass.

oh believe me i know that life can suck time - and not only because people we are attached to sometimes die - but i don’t really think it’s death itself so much as how we’ve been taught to construe it.

people of any age die, every second. not to sound crass, but the world never needed another child in the first place, so there is nothing necessarily terrible about one dying.

In the case of torture, you can beg and bargain for quicker death. But it’s not guaranteed.

And there are many people with different sickness that causes physical disabilities.
They are incapable of dying by themselves because someone else hooked them up to machines and they have no means of their own to turn them off or unhook.
They will die, eventually, but it’s illegal in many country to let them die when they want.
(In some hospitals, doctors may be turning off machines, in certain situation, though.)
Some of them do beg and try to change/make law so that they can die earlier, but I don’t think the right for dying is granted in many countries, even in the extreme condition.

upf you make a good point…but when you study the history of human behavior you see monuments for the dead all over and pyramids for those who want to live forever.

Just to be clear i’m not talking about dignified peaceful death. I’m talking about a “repeatedly snapping your wrist against whatever holds them secure until the bone breaks and stabs through your veins and you bleed out type” of death or chewing off parts of your body until you die. The patent keep alive by machines could probably inch himself out of bead until he falls and crawl until the pipes keeping him alive are ripped out of him. Even if they only crawl across the floor using their head or a single finger. Worst comes to worst they pass out from exhaustion and then just try again.
Where there is a will there is a way.

There are people with disease that atrophy muscle, gradually.
At certain stage, they can’t even crawl. But doctors may keep them alive by hooking up with respirator, etc.

And some criminal people keep hostages long long time, before to release or kill.
They’d make sure the hostages stay alive because dead hostage loose the value for them.

So, there are cases you can’t die even if you wanted and tried.

you can always die.
If you try really hard i think it is actually possible to swallow part of your tongue and suffocate.
and at worst death is only delayed. You have a right to die always. It may not be immediately or how you want to go but you will die

do u think im not worth living n i should kill myself?

WHY DOES NO ONE EVER ANSWER ME FOR THAT QUESTION?
AM I TOO STUPID? AM I WORTH DYING BECAUSE ONE DOESNT WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IM EXISTING?
IF THE ONE I LOVE DOESNT ACKNOWEDGE ME SHALL I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM NOT WORTH BEING LOVED?
IF SO IGNORES ASIF I WAS NOT EXISTING SHALL I IGNORE MY OWN EXISTENCE AND THINK OF DYING?

Some patient can’t even do that.
They are aware and they suffer, but their muscles are too weak.
And they may live years before they die even with all the machines hooked up.

I don’t know where you live, but suicide is illegal in many countries. So, no legal right to die.

And these patients and hostages may have to live years before they die (or released in case of some hostages).
So, the “delay” can be pretty long.

lists.opn.org/pipermail/righ … 01787.html
nvve.nl/nvve-english/pagina. … metkey=449

DONT KILL YOURSELF!

No matter what suicide is never an option.
If you ever really want to kill yourself, destroy your life and make yourself into something new, something useful and something good.
Or do anything you want. Absolutely anything no matter how dangerous.
successful suicide has 100% chance of death, anything else becomes relatively safe.