Wikileaks - leaking to the public what is done in private

“Wikileaks is developing an uncensorable Wikipedia for untraceable mass document leaking and analysis. Our primary interests are oppressive regimes in Asia, the former Soviet bloc, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, but we also expect to be of assistance to those in the west who wish to reveal unethical behavior in their own governments and corporations. We aim for maximum political impact; this means our interface is identical to Wikipedia and usable by non-technical people. We have received over 1.2 million documents so far from dissident communities and anonymous sources”

wikileaks.org/index.html

Sounds interesting. No doubt we’ll soon be hearing a lot more of this and I hope it will give political journalists information and PRESSURE!!! to probe deeper into our corrupt systems of govt and business.

One advantage those living in oppressive regimes in the above mentioned places have over those who lived in the ‘civilized’ west is they know they are oppressed. :frowning:

Worth keeping an eye on. I wonder if they’ll distinguish between official leaks and unofficial leaks.

See the problem with this is that it’s useless unless people know have to navigate disinformation; because that’s what much of this will be. Disinfo usually has a nugget of truth within it, and hence is the key to disengaging the conceptual camouflage – but in order to navigate this elusive path one must have a certain working knowledge about other black ops projects and such.

It’s a great idea, honestly, but it’s probably easier to simply listen to me as the primary option, and supplement it with wikileaks. That is, if that wasn’t your plan already.

How do I know that you’re not a disinformation agent? I mean, obviously I do know that, but how do the others know?

I know the secret handshake :sunglasses:

Good question though, that’s the spirit.

Disinformation agents are the real problem that others on the net and in the media seem to be missing.

There’s a lot talk about potential problems with a flood of trivial and/or state secret leaks but nobody’s focusing on the system being hijacked and turned against it’s intended purpose.

Forgetting about the Neo Zionist / New World Order cartel for a moment, what’s to stop China or Russia from dumping so many conflicting ‘leaks’ that they all become meaningless? Or what about leaking ‘false flag’ disinformation saying somebody else is about to do XYZ?

Unless controlled, this could have the direct opposite effect to what was intended. It could ruin the reputation of people out to save democracy and set the scene for the ‘evil ones’ to position themselves as our saviours…

Heh, you guys really need to learn to take a joke.

Km I’m sure you think this whole . thing is ingenious but I’d say that’s up for debate at this point.

What are you really doing here to help? These satires are useless and besides that fact no one except for a few group of people even ‘get’ it. It’s sad when the person you’re doing a parody of is one of the only ones which actually gets the joke.

In any case, even though you don’t see it, you do actually make some sense. Any sort of project like this is bound to be corrupted with bullshit leaks and whatnot but that doesn’t mean that wild fantasies about China completely overriding the site is anything close to accurate. I think you’re forgetting (or simply don’t know) how hard it is to release a piece of information which is a complete and total lie and not get called on it. Do you even remember how wiki works? As I said disinformation usually has a core of truth – it has to – or else it will be exposed instantly.

There are a lot of people out there on the web.

You in particular really need to get over your own insecurities and actually listen to what I say once and a while.

Gobbo,

Your condescension is unbecoming and grammatically deficient.

No one needs to listen to you! You fall for every goddam conspiracy theory released on the net. You have a non-functioning validity filter. This is not a criticism - merely a statement of fact.

This wikileaks idea is not a great one, but at least it will be a collection of information from multiple valuable sources - false and not-as-false. You are simply a repository for garbage theories. Why would any thinking individual come to you?

Thanks Yopele.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What the fuck are you talking about? Am I insecure because I think you talk garbage 90% of the time? If so, I accept the charge.

Gobbo, you may not have noticed but I’ve virtually given up responding to you because it’s like arguing with a drunk. Since you continually misread what I write then attack me for things I didn’t say, what’s the use? But I’ll make one more attempt. This is what I said:

I said it “sounds interesting” I didn’t say it was “ingenious” or anything similar. I said, “I hope” it will give the media a push to delve into the issues brought up.

Who says I have to help?.. but let me ask you the same question: What are you doing here to ‘help’?

Let me see: you warn us not to drink fluoridated water and to watch the skies for chem trails because the govt is trying to drug us to make us dopey and lethargic then you spend most of your other posts pushing the ‘benefits’ of dope which, ironically, makes its victims paranoid, dopey and lethargic. Is this the help you’re talking about?

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I can only guess you’re referring to your previous jocular post as being satirical? If so, don’t worry, I doubt anyone believed you were serious.

It’s even sadder when the only person who ‘gets it” doesn’t see that he is the joke not the joker.

It’s this arrogant, condescending attitude that I find the most annoying. A 20-something doped-out dude who has virtually no real-life experience and who has only started to learn about the way the world works, sarcastically asking me questions like ‘do you even remember how wiki works?”. For your information, I own a business that develops web services not-dissimilar to wikipedia – currently we’re working on one (I can’t say who for) – so please, drop the attitude. Do you know how it works? Do you know the different levels of checks and balances and what they are? (because there are behind-the-scenes checks and balances). Do you know how votes are tallied and how judgments are made for certain bits of information and the hierarchical structure? Please, Gobbo, spare me the attitude.

Last week when I wanted to concentrate focus on the main issue you patronizingly offered me this:

In truth, I didn’t know what you were talking about except that it had nothing to do with what I had posted so I simply ignored it. That, and the fact that the rest of the post slid off onto your favourite subject (drugs) again, all the time while accusing me of being 'pulled by the gravity of some mental bias or another". It was/is all too crazy for me… I think it’s best if I go back to ignoring you.

PS: In case you want to preach to me about drugs again, please be aware that I started smoking dope when I was 12 and dropping acid when I was 13. I spent years experimenting with all sorts of drugs and spirituality so nothing you have said so far is new – quite the opposite. That is why it’s so hard to take your conceited cocky remarks. You’re just a beginner and you think you’re an expert. What worries me is that you’re showing signs of psychosis (paranoid, defensive, grandiose self delusions about your inner knowledge). You’ve even mentioned your play up different parts of your personality. My brother and one of my best friends – both heavy pot smokers – sounding like you before they flipped out. My brother has mostly recovered; my friend never did and is still roaming the country, raving about his paranoid delusions.

For what it’s worth, I like you Gobbo. I think you have a good heart but I worry about your head.

Yes, of course.

Wow you’ve done acid as a youth? It’s like… cause you did drugs and cause I do you’re like… totally ‘aware’ or something now. Me and you both know it’s about the drugs right :sunglasses:. I think we should talk about that in every single post from now on.

Listen, think whatever you want. Consider it sort of like when the babysitter allows you to pretend make-believe for a while. I’ll be around watching you guys, making sure everything’s ok.

Don’t worry Gobbo’s got your back Km – I’ll be there when the alarm clock goes off and you blink those sleepy eyes.

Just thought you’d all like to know that there’s a .pdf version of Daniele Ganser’s book on Operation Gladio available for free at

sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2006/10/119640.pdf

I’ve was up until three o clock in the morning last night looking for good links on this topic and found numerous articles from the Guardian newspaper that cover some of the key admissions by Andreotti and Vinciguerra, the Belgian investigation headed by Roger Lallemand but stumbled across this just now and thought that y’all might like to read it.

Hah! Well I’ll spare you the attitude if you stop making posts where you say things like ‘China and Russia will just flood this making it useless’ – sarcastically using your little… joke thing, and then jump on me when I respond truthfully, albiet just as sarcastically.

If you want to stop getting embarrassed by someone half your age then stop acting like someone half your age.

Seen it!

Somehow got through it with all the weed smoke getting in the way :sunglasses: (I know, how did I do it right?)