Wikipedia

I used to look down on Wikipedia as the Cliff Notes of those who would not read the primary sources plus good secondary sources. Having found articles there on Chundra Bose, the botanist and noteworthy articles on universal salvation, I"ve changed my mind. Wikipedia may be the only source of information on topics for some, but it does give good references to other sites of info.

I think Wikipedia is honestly one of the most valuable resources the internet has to offer. It can never replace the primary sources as an authority, of course, but it’s not really supposed to. People look down in it as like some sort of debaser of information, but I think (a) they misunderstand its purpose, (b) they misunderstand its uses, and (c) they don’t understand how information in such a format could be regulated for quality (these people tend to think that anybody can write anything they believe on any wikipedia page and it will be there permanently or something…).

I thoroughly agree!

I always reference facts against other sites for verification of said facts… that’s how I use Wiki.

Idk if it’s true for all pages, but…seems to work.

Wikipedia is probably one of the bests things the internet has ever made. It’s free, no one is making money on it, no ads, fantastic information, self regulating, etc. I wouldn’t change a single thing about it.

I just did it that’s nuts dude.

It looks like an expanding descriptions of terms (basically generalizations). The word “science” is often the trigger word.

Computer - computer program - software - data - value - computer science - science - knowledge - fact - proof - evidence - maxim - subjective - subject - Philosophy

Table - furniture - mass noun - linguistics - scientific - knowledge - fact - proof - evidence - maxim - subjective - subject - philosophy

Painting - paint - liquid - classical state of matter - phases - physical sciences - phenomena - experience - concept - mental representations - philosophy of mind - philosophy

Ferengi - extraterrestrial - popular cultures - ideas - representational - philosophy of mind - philosophy (well that one didn’t take long)

Tea - beverage - liquid - classical state of matter - phases - physical sciences - phenomena - experience - concept - mental representations - philosophy of mind - philosophy.

Tourist - travel - people - persons - human - primates - mammal - clade - tree of life - Charles Darwin - naturalist - plants - living organisms - life - objects - physics - natural science - science - knowledge - fact - proof - evidence - maxim - subjective - subject - philosophy

holiday - synonym - ancient greek - greek language - indo-european - family (language family) - languages - human - …(see last one)

magic (paranormal) - incantation - spell - charm (as in lucky charm) - amulets - talisman - magical - incantation - (it’s a loop…)

Try2 - magic (paranormal) - incantation - spell - charm (as in blessing) - blessing - holiness - worship - religious - belief systems - beliefs - proposition - philosophy

Yes, every first link tends to go up a level, with philosophy being the highest level.
Sometimes you get loops though, hrgm

check the magic one again btw. I fixed it :wink:

found that out in the comments of this page

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: … Philosophy

This.

It’s hard to imagine what it would be like not having Wikipedia around.