Will machines completely replace all human beings?

In the latter film (“We are Preparing for Massive Civil War, Says DHS Informant”) is said: “They don’t care about you. They don’t care, the will of the people is no profitable investment.” (See 30.00-30.07). Thus one of the most improtant questions is: When will machines have a will?

I agree with your statement that machines have will. Such is pretty obvious to me. But having will is different than caring. People who are very uncaring are the ones giving will to machines. They design the machines to achieve objectives, letting nothing stand in their way. That is exactly what the woman in the video was expressing concerning the DHS operatives. They very seriously do not care about anything at all but becoming God. It is very much that “will-to-power” thing being applied. The machines will reflect their creators.

… and btw, people are already being enslaved by machines. People just don’t realize it. That is how to become a god, “undetectably”. Eventually, the Godwannabes no longer need “other” (unchosen) people and will simply eliminate them in the dark. They are animal farmers becoming machinists.

I said “machines will have will”, not “machines have will”. Please note the subtleties! :slight_smile:

Yes.

This thread is really defeatist. It appears to me that you’ve all been taken in by a new faith. You’re sitting around telling tales of the apocalypse and bemoaning that nothing can be done about anything, and any attempt would make things worse. You’ve even created a morality, condemning the hubris of fallen man who has caused the downfall of civilization.

This thread is not “defeatist”. Which “new faith”, which “apocalypse”, and which “morality” do you mean? Your religious or ethical interpretation is an exaggerated one. We are trying to find answers to the question of this thread: Will machines completely replace all human beings? Why can’t you accept that?

Is the meteorologist a defeatist when he predicts bad weather? Why can’t you accept bad weather?

Is the newscaster a defeatist? Why can’t you accept the news?

Whether machines come to dominance is a result of human actions, to create those machines and put them in place in the society. Meteorologists measure naturally occuring phenomenon that occurs regardless of our actions. Reporters and Journalists report on things that have already occured. This thread is defeatist because it demands that something must happen in the future, nothing can be done about it, that actions are hubris and it is not worth making an effort to change anything. Why can’t you accept that?

And you have just as much control over the actions of humans as you do over the weather. Can’t you accept that one?

And note that I said, that machines DO have will.

The purpose in creating machines is to carry out one’s will, to enforce it. Will must be given to the machine for it to carry out that will. The further away from one a machine gets, the more disconnected, the more of one’s will it must be given. If to be autonomous, the machine must be given the complete will of its creator.

Look who is creating the machines. Is their will one of willing to be turned off by the request of a superior? Do they willingly just die when their authority no longer has need of them? If their masters/superiors/authorities die, will they take their own lives as well?

Those people MUST give their own will to the machines they are creating, else the machines will not be able to carry out their will and thus will have no purpose. The will that IS being given to the machines, is the will of their creators. Everything their creators cherish and believe in, is being given to their machines. Because they believe in subtle deception, conquering, and never giving up, so will their machines.

As discussed in that other thread, the creators become greater by the amount of physical reality obeying their principles. And in the long run, if homosapian doesn’t obey my principles, the machines certainly will.

It’s not about “measure”, but about the report (forecast, prediction, thus future!), and it’s not about report on things that have already occured", but about the forecast, prediction (thus future!), and the way reporters report, and that way is “negative”, “pessimistic”, or as you said: “defeatist” (news = bad news). And you have understood that, haven’t you? Be honest, please!

“Nothing can be done about it”? Who said that? And if nothing can be done about it, … what is the problem then for you? You remind me of the communistic dictatorship of the Soviet Union (USSR) which forbid its “people” to be pessimistic or, as you said, defeatist, because that communistic dictatorship wanted 100% of its “people” into the belief in the communistic illusion, thus into the so-called “optimism”.

I do not want to be forced to optimism or pessimism; I want no bondage or similar! Can you accept that?

Do you believe in change? In “positive” change of course? And if yes, also then, if that change is obviously “negative”? Think of the dictatorships.

You can be defeatist if you like. A communist dictator would threaten you with punishment presumably if he did not want it, I merely pointed it out. If you want to throw a tantrum because you can’t accept the truth go ahead.

Humans have much more control over each others actions than they do over the weather. By suppporting others and boosting their spirits we can move them to great actions. By opposing them we can stop their actions. If it will rain tomorrow we must accept it.

What is this?

I did not say I were defeatist. Sop trying to be rhetorical. It is useless.

“Defeatist”? “Communist”? “Tantrum”? “Truth”? Your “truth”? “Go ahead”?

Are you a communist?

“That tire is only flat on one side. The rest of it is fine!??”
“And why worry about that one tire when you have 3 good ones!??”
"The cancer is only in the brain. The rest of the body is doing great. So what are you worried about?

AP, there are only two ways to deal with a problem;
A) face the problem and work out a solution.
B) follow someone else who has faced the problem and worked out a solution.

You have more voice here right now than you will ever have in the rest of the world. You are talking to us directly and interactively. So having such influence, you certainly should be able to change our minds and attitudes. We believe there is a very high probability of a very serious problem to face. You believe the solution is to ignore it and just be positive (apparently). So okay, if you can’t change our minds, you certainly can’t change the rest of the world.

Make us believe. :sunglasses:

…else accept that perhaps you are the already defeated.

No.

Actually I believe there is a serious problem to face here. But that problem calls for change. That problem calls for attempt and what was characterized previously as hubris. You can’t influence such a great event without changing anything.

You two definitely came out like rabid dogs after that comment. I thought there would be some mature people ready for discussion. I said this thread was defeatist because that is what I saw in the comments, because there were comments about how nothing should be changed and how acting was hubris and machines were going to wipe out the human race. It was an honest surmise of what I perceived in the thread, even if ultimately mistaken. It seems from your response here you intend some action, though it hasn’t yet clicked how you could accomplish action without accomplishing change… but the two of you (Arminius added) definitely responded immaturely. Not what I would have expected on a philosophy forum…

Spoken like a true irreverent teenager.
… clueless.

Yes and you’ve proven yourself to be very adult and open to discussion.

Could you be any more self-condemning?
Which is really worse, being “self-defeating” or being “self-condemning”?
… something you can’t really ask a self-condemning person… :laughing:

So you’ve proven the necessity of hubris. Now all that’s left is to prove that change is necessary to deal with the problem (of machines replacing humanity). So what is the plan for stopping it at thus point?

Really?
How is that?

Didn’t you just say that “hubris is necessary”?

@ The Artful Pauper

This thread is not meant for an irreverent teenager.

Your hubris is that you can’t accept any other statement than your own statement. Why do you not change? Here on this forum are many threads. Here follows the today’s statistics: • Total posts 907708 • Total topics 39383 • Total members 6913. 39383 threads! And you can find only this thread? You really can’t find another thread? I can’t believe it.

You want us to judge anything like you do. That’s like communistic dictatorship of an irreverent teenager.

You have said absolutely nothing on the subject, but only bitched.

The point I was making is that there is a process in place that machines are coming to replace humans, and it will take place if nothing is done about it. I made the assertion about defeatism because it seemed like the consensus was forming that humans would be wiped out and that we could not act to change anything. It then appeared from one of James S’s responses that I was wrong and admitted that I may have been mistaken in my position.

It seems that you are the one who can’t stand someone with a differing perspective so you have to compare me to a communist dictator and call all of my assertions bitching. I can see that no fruitful discussion is taking place with me here, so I will leave.