Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Sanjay, one cannot tell the wise how to be wise, only how to become wise.

The CIA, MI5, KGB, Mossad, and all the others were never born knowing everything about how to do their job. They start off with a seed and learn as they go. The Angel Network is similar. It begins with merely what is currently known by those participating (ALL of those participating) and learns as it goes from ALL of those participating. Everything that you believe to be wise would be a part of what everyone else in the network believed to be wise. But unlike the internet of today, wisdoms are categorized and ordered (much like the Hebrews attempted thousands of years ago).

And you still show signs of not being able to distinguish an abstract strategy (ie gaming theory) from a particular incident (ie actual event). The wisdom of the net is to yield all abstract wisdoms to all inquiring, but never any specifics historical events: “if one does this while in this situation, that will happen”. The net does not tell anyone what to eat (for example). It only tells of homosapian needs and reactions under specific situations. It tells of what happen when you do or do not have an arbitrator in various situations. It does not tell you to go get one.

It is up to the Coops to choose to be wise in the best way they can manage. The Net merely helps them become aware of the options and how and why each would be wise to the degree it is. It is up to the Coops to be aware of their situation and seek out the greatest wisdom that would apply to it.

That is the communist in you … the lack of wisdom. Your mind has been tricked. In gaming theory, you would see why you keep getting defeated as you try to hold onto that premise.

There is a much wiser premise from which to decide which priority is above which. But how are you to recognize it? Machines work it out almost instantly. Machines end up being neither Communist nor Capitalist, but more capitalist than communist.

The Angel Network is required to discover when to prioritize what.

Realize that not one single cell in your body cares anything at all about the whole body, yet the whole body is protected by them.

Just like to say that Ex Machina strikes me as more positive than it did St. James. The last image is of the potential death of the good boy and the utter indifference of the machine to him. I think James’ points about how the unconscious works are good ones, but there was absolutely no reason to end the film that way if they wanted to sell positive associations with robotic AI. What you get is where the orgasm should be, you get death and utter indifference. They could have easily added the Hollywood ending - sort of like in Blade Runner, though the long closing shot of the director’s cut of that film is not a happy ending. Anyway, a HOllywood boy meets girl machine happy ending would have only increased viewship for that film.

I don’t see any reason to even at more unconsciouslevels to think that the unconscious ‘I’ will think it can create a better model - a la James interpretation. The genius CEO failed to maintain control and created a thing that wanted to kill him and said as much. The programmer who manages to outsmart the genius is fooled by the machine and left potentially to die. He also failed. Men we are led to believe are the smartest in the world, primed to see and feel it that was, both fail to protect themselves from or fully understand the AI. IOW something like a buddy picture with Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford as a team outsmarted by a terrorist and left for dead or left dead. We do not see films like that and stars do not agree to them and writers are generally not allowed to write more than that as a draft. Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford outsmarted by the bad guy. And we liked them.

I cannot take that as simply fitting James position.

That said it could be a case where those with some actual feeling for life will get the problem with AIs - yet again - and appreciate the film in this way and those who do not have either a mind or real feeling for life will not get and be programmed by the undercurrent perfect harem scenario.

I mean, women’s bodies hanging in the closets gave me a sick feeling, the nice guy locked in and utterly silenced by the unbreakable glass, sick feeling, the utter indifference - which I was relieved to see - of the machine, sick feeling, but perhaps I shouldn’t project my healthy response onto the world. These are the, excuse the term, cum shot vibes of the film, right when boy should get girl and at least implicitly be on the way to the fuck of his life.

Instead during orgasm the mind control imprints on teenage brains - no orgasm, death, indifference, failure, outsmarted, abandoned, nothing…

As an aside I thought the CEO was both written and played very well. The noveau riche solipsistic genius arriving at the kind of hedonistic empathyless Machiavellien teenager King or Prince of the old days state.

The silver lining once again is the global energy crisis that will make the move to a completely technological automated civilization untenable.

It will also take us back to an environmental setting before industrialization as well. Of course with that billions of people will die across the planet. That’s just a given.

Well, that’s the optimistic angle because in reality the fools that control humanity will be in complete denial about this global civilization collapse bringing the world into global thermonuclear war.

If that happens we won’t have to worry about automation or anything because we’ll all be dead and extinct.

So, there’s that also.

I’m afraid not. They have inexhaustible energy any time they want. The whole “energy crisis” was merely another false flag used to manipulate and “energize”.

It can be amazing how the most stupidly phrased Topics can run and run.
Anyone with a brain, reading carefully the thread title, could only laugh and move on to the next topic in the list.
The clue is “completely” and “all” that makes the question more than absurd.

Yeah, I’ve heard this from a lot of clueless people over the many years. Prove it.

Well, if you’re so uninterested in the conversation you can do all of us a favor and leave providing us an absence of your useless posturing.

Yes, thank you, Laughing Man.

His “statements” are more than absurd. Obviously he is both uninterested and interested in this thread. Here are some facts: He posted 43 posts in this thread; so he obviously did never “only laugh and move on to the next topic in the list” but relatively often look for this thread. Currently this thread contains 1689 posts; so his contribution to this thread is about 2.55%, and this means that - averagely - he posted about 6.32 posts per 10 pages. But unfortunately his contributions contain merely nonsense, personal attacks, at least he was almost always off-topic - just as we know it from other threads.

So you are right, Laughing Man: He can do all of us a favor and leave providing us an absence of his useless posturing.

Indeed. :wink:

In all honesty, we have reached or have come very near to the point where criticality becomes an issue, where survival as it were turns on a dime.

let me reassert that both positions are tenable right now, the one held by Laughing Man, and the one held by St. James. They are extreme, and other ones are more moderate, with the expectation,mthat tirns of events are, to a certain degree not completely determined, nor, determine tall.

this is what the new world order based on : Brave New World has come to, predicted quite a long time ago, the stakes are extremely high,that is why national boundaries have become redundant, and why the new man is destinied to become an internationalist humanist. this too is not all that new, humanism reigned in academia in the waning days of the New Left, it was something to hold on to, the last ideology, before the collapse of history.

It is the existential despair’s only remaining mode of operation, everything else has been exhausted, and soon the sources of energy will be depleted as well,
Save the sun. This is the crisis of all crisis, and the machines , androids, robots, and all other intelligent machines, will become to sense this angst, and be able to overcome in the Nietzchean sense, the basic philosophical question which has haunted Mankind all these years, COGITO, ERGO- SUM. How very brilliant Descartes was, and how second rate all others in comparison. Thought is the only thing which may give us the medium of possibility for our survival, against the overwhelming effects of decomposition.

If you were half as smart as you think you are you’d be twice as smart you appear.
My statement ipso facto, demonstrates an interest in the question. And that interest is why anyone would not immediately know the staggeringly obvious answer.
I was interested to discover if anyone else was smart enough to read the question properly.

Spoken like a true nerd. I think you need to get out more!!
Don’t forget to take your anorak.
:smiley:

Based on the replacement of humans by machines I am speaking of a probability of 80% (see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here). 80% is a high probability, but not 100%, so 20% are left.

So there is hope, yes, but if there will be no accident like a big failure of the humans or a huge natural catastrophe, then it will be nearly impossible to go back to times before the so-called “industrial revolution”.

Is there hope?

Again: Is there hope?

Think of Hope being measured as a probability from 0 to 100%.
What is the probability that Science will stop preaching the Big Bang theory within your life time?
What is the probability that what remains of the USA government is going to publicly admit what really happened on 9/11?
What is the probability that the BBC is going to recant this video of theirs as the complete idiocy that it is:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9U8zgAfOA[/youtube]

And what is the probability that you are personally going to become a SAM Coop organizer?

That is the degree of Hope that there is. They are not going to change the direction they have chosen regardless of how provably foolish it is. Are you?

“Are you” … what …?

What did happen on 9/11 ,really?

…change the direction you have chosen.

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.