Wisdom And Divinity

Some say that Knowledge and wisdom come from God or a Divinity.
Some say that this is Divine will, Divine structure, or the ultimate plan.

Wisdom and knowledge are neither Divine nor Godly. Wisdom is knowledge which pertains to reality whether 2000 years ago or 2000 from now. True wisdom is knowledge that is so vast and deep that it is timeless, and no matter when or where can be used and seen as such. Must this, have an origin other then the self?

This nameless base which carries such throughout the ages is sometimes referred to as God, or as the Ultimate plan… Why? Could it not just as easily be referred to as a metaphysical reposity created by the living energy produced and connected in some form and consciousness by all things retiscent of what could be determined as sentient in the universe? Does it have to have aname a will of it’s own, a plan? Why can’t it simply be referred to and exist separate from the limitations and strictures set upon it?

Biblically speaking wisdom, or knowledge of good and evil, is a creature, and as such is distinct from God the creator.

Wisdom is God’s firstborn, which means wisdom isn’t timeless. As a creature wisdom grows from a divine seed into a sapling, and finally into a great tree that can shelter the whole of creation in its branches.

As creatures, we are called to join God in the creation of wisdom. (Like Adam, we are to be tillers and keepers of God’s garden, which includes the tree of wisdom at its centre.)

So maybe this Biblical depiction of wisdom will work better for you? (Rather than that vast, timeless version you described?)

I understand your metaphore, However why do you believe wisdom must grow? Why is the biblical definition better or make more sense then my definition? After all if wisdom grows my definition still applies because that same wisdom would still be wise Aeons from when it was perceived, and therefore would still be timeless.

The following is a self-contradictory statement:

True wisdom is knowledge that is so vast and deep that it is timeless, and no matter when or where can be used and seen as such.

If knowledge is so vast and deep that it is timeless, then it cannot be used at any time or any place.

Timeless knowledge requires a timeless knower.

Finite knowers can (necessarily) only grasp bits and pieces of a timeless knowledge, and can thus, never be said to have knowledge.

Stick with a Biblical epistemology Mr. Sethesh…

On the contrary, I believe that being timeless, is being time independent, and therefore resistant to the test of time. For instance, the bible you praise I believe to be timeless. I am not affiliated to any specific religion, however I do believe that Jesus’ teachings are timeless. They were crafted in such beautiful manner that there are multiple ways of interpreting it. The ones that prefer to be bound by the dogmatic aspect, will find dogma on it. The ones that prefer to dig deeper on a metaphorical aspect of it, will find plenty of methaphores, in multiple levels. The common denominator though is love. All will find love in it, during all possible historical times.

I do believe that to be the case for wisdon, which is the perception of the potential amplitude of consciousness and the quest to reach that potential. Expansion of consciousness will bring wisdon, that will be then timeless knowledge. Completely agree with the original post by Mr. Sethesh. Beautifully done and deep.

Yes. But “God” is a hell of a lot easier to say, and the word actually means something, unlike that confusing bunch of goobledegook you typed.

Really? And what does God mean? I bet your definition of what God is, is not the same as everyone else, and having so many varying definitions, your method of defining it suddenly becomes infinitely more confusing and complex then the small paragraph within which I defined it. Which is Certain, stable and Concrete, unlike the denominational changes of the follows of Christendom.

Did you know there are 29 different denominations of Christianity? And they all believe drastically different things. Especially when it comes to what defines God.