Women, Fat and Food:

_
A spike in my stress/cortisol level, soon after eating Brussels sprouts…

A drop in my oxygen uptake level, soon after digesting Brussels sprouts… I guess I won’t be having any Brussels sprouts with tomorrow’s dinner.

How are you measuring cortisol?

I’ve always hated sprouts “the testicles of Beelzebub”. My Mum and Nan never understood and always tried to insist I try and eat one on Xmas day, despite the retching.

It turns out there was a damn good reason for this difference of opinion.

Sprouts have a high level of a chemical ( phenylthiocarbamide), which probably evolved to stop them being eaten. This chemical exists in all brassicas, but more so in the tiny little balls of satan.
BUT. Not every human can smell it. Around 50% of people are born with the ability to detect this noxious substance; a skill people can lose with age.

centreofthecell.org/blog/sc … s-sprouts/

My wearable is…

Note

[b][i]This feature will provide analysis and suggestions based on your stress history.

Note: As your heart rate will rise during exercise, data collected during periods of increased physical activity will not be included in stress level calculations. Instead, we will use your resting heart rate as a basis for calculating stress.

1. Technology source
  • This technology provides stress level evaluations based on heart rate fluctuation data and stress models. It is certified by the Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
  • Results and suggestions are for reference only.
  1. References
    [1] Continuous inference of psychological stress from sensory measurements collected in the natural environment, 10th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2,011, 97-108.
    [2] A global measure of perceived stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 1,983, 385-396.
    [31 Effects of heart rate variability biofeedback in subjects with stress-related chronic neck pain: a pilot study. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, 2,011, 36: 71-80.
    [41 Acute mental stress assessment via short-term
    HRV analysis in healthy adults: A systematic review with meta-analysis. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 2,015, 370-377.[/i][/b]

Yea… I only ever eat them on Christmas Day, and not the worst reaction I’ve ever had from them tbh, but I can do without the repeat performance today. lol They weren’t as bitter-tasting as they were when I was a kid… hence why the much-milder reaction to them, than in days of yore.

__
Now this was bad! stress level starts rising soon after consuming the milk-thistle supp, then stays elevated the following day, and starts decreasing as the toxins are eventually eliminated from my system.

Not an experience I’d want to repeat… unlike the Brussels.

Okay so NOT a measure of your cortisol.

Directly, no… indirectly, yes.

A rise in cortisol levels, correlates with a rise in heart rate and a decrease in oxygen saturation… the percentages indicating, to what degree.

One can also feel the change… in the body.

But what you are measuring can be different with the same level of cortisol.

Yes but “Cortisol affects your gut when you are under pressure. Stress causes cortisol levels to rise; increasing cortisol levels decrease the flow of blood and oxygen to your stomach, for example, causing sudden stomach cramps and bloating.”

When I don’t eat or drink ‘off-script’, all my readings are low-to-normal until I eat or drink off-script… which my GP confirmed -through bloods- raises my cortisol level.

Seeing my readings in real-time is actually aiding me in making much-quicker and more-definitive decisions, which goes on to exponentially benefit and improve my health. #awinwinsituation

You are not measuring cortisol.
I’m puzzled why you are continuing to take this line.

…because I can supraliminally tell by the reading percentages x their affectance, that my cortisol has risen from low-normal or to medium-high.

Then this…

[size=85]by MagsJ » Sun 25 Dec, 2022 23:50[/size]
“Sculptor wrote:
Okay so NOT a measure of your cortisol.”

I said: Directly, no… indirectly, yes.

Sculptor… a dog with a very large bone [no innuendo intended].

It is not measuring any cortisol. Not even indirectly

So why are you still trying to pretend to yourself that you are measuring it.

Ask yourself what you are ACTUAL measuring and be content with that.

Sculptor, do you think people use stress as an excuse behind fat accumulation, rather than stress eating?

Do you stress out your fat partner & gaslight them about it rather than change your behavior?

hugs

Firstly, I am not fat… I am here discussing how certain edible-items can very-quickly affect [good] health. I can currently see my obliques, so being neither fat nor bloated… bloating sucks, but at least it’s not permanent. lol

Secondly, the reading with the blue and yellow lines ain’t called a stress-test for nuthin.

My wearable (not I) is taking specific readings that measure stress levels, and stress raises cortisol. Are you denying that stress (of any amount) raises cortisol (to corresponding degrees to the percentages)?

_
At a local community-event last Tuesday, a male attendee suggested that when at the last hurdle of health, to not hesitate but to push forward.

Enthusiasm to encourage One’s-self to do that, permitting… I still wouldn’t do that. Regresscertainly not, advance with caution, at this stage preferable… when nobody has the answers, not even you.

Cue… the wearable.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you very much for the good laugh. I truly needed that.

My pleasure… :wink:

…and don’t even get me started, on the churning noises my stomach was making during those 20 minutes… :neutral_face: my body is like a makeshift toximeter, so a wannabe temple praying at the alter of its-self. lol

_

:bulb: :-"

…a double-post.

Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to update you… next time a vegetable or frakenstein-food raises my readings. :wink:

Nail-biting, huh? bet you can’t wait. :laughing:

Musings over eggs for breakfast…
youtube.com/watch?v=3mc7O-7BUZg&t=40s

I decided to take the [very good-looking] male attendee’s advice on-board, in moving forward at the last hurdle to recovery with more confidence/less apprehension. It’s doable… if I don’t think about it too much/over-think it. 8-[

On another note… my latest wearable health-tech: USB-charging massage pads… works on both the musculoskeletal and lymphatic systems. Excellent results…

EF51A9B8-C57D-4E87-B05F-2E9DAD481ADF.jpeg