WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a moment to be completely obnoxious –

[size=200]OH YEAH, THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKIN’ ABOUT BABY!!! GREEN BAY PACKERS, SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!![/size]

[size=200]GO PACK GO[/size]

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Okay, I’m done. :smiley:

Fan?

Yes.

I know, it was completely unnecessary. But c’mon. C’moooooon.

Congrats, Blurred! What a good game, too, they kept it interesting right up until the end, which is rare for the Super Bowl.

[size=85][hangover this morning? :wink: ][/size]

Did something happen…?

It was SUCH a great game, a bit of a nail-biter. I thought our boys were going to let it slip through their fingers for awhile there, but it was nice to see them pull it out at the end. However, after the Packers had such an explosive first half, it was kind of a relief to see the Steelers dig in and give us a run for our money. Keeps things interesting.

And no, I’m not hungover :laughing: I had two Amaretto Sours, and ate a sandwhich with the second one. Would’ve been nice to party, but I had to drive home and then get up early for work today. Being an adult is such a bummer sometimes.

:laughing:

You mean the whole world wasn’t tuned in to the game?! WTF??

Get with the program, Tab, you’re missing important stuff!

Anita, Brits do not understand american football, because american football is about real estate. When you’re from an slightly oversized island that is for the most part owned by a minority class, it’s difficult to relate to the idea that one can control even a small piece of land, even for a short time, through such american virtues as hard work, perseverance, acquired skill and grit.

In american football, no one “inherits” a touchdown.

Moreover, american football is a martial sport - while the english have always excelled at civil war and war against entirely overmatched adversaries, they haven’t done so well against formidable opponents not of their own kind, without our help. Think: WWI, WWII, Falklands - well, there’s no need to rub it in.

Their own brand of football suits their “national” character - Mostly scotsmen, welchmen, irishmen and foreigners, running around flailing away randomly at a ball until it (sometimes) finally finds its way to the goal, accidentally or through some mental lapse by a goalkeeper hypnotised by boredom and inaction. And then there’s cricket. We played a variant as children until we had the motor skills co-ordination to play real sports, such a baseball and basketball.

And not to forget their real passion - bridge, which we generally don’t take up here until middle age and/or infirmity.

It’s not Tab’s fault.

My, my, our little superbolic ego is fragile it seems. Maybe that’s why the players feel the need to dress up in such fancy duds. In case their MacDonald’s-depleted osteowhatever widdle bonies get all bwoken. And those shoulder-pads. So eighties, though in mitigation, you guys from across the pond have never had much in the way of sartorial vision. Too much time spent around cows I expect, bovines being generally ill-attentive of fair dame fashion.

Anyway, I was playing keepy-uppy with balloons the other day, another English national sport we don’t often tell others about, with my 4 year old daughter, when we noticed that using our hands was just too damn easy. I mean, even Lanie was all like “Daddy, it’s too damn easy.” So we banned the use of hands, and went with feet instead. I dunno, the idea just came to us outta the blue. Spooky.

Thanks for your help in the world-wars btw. Though why they call them world-wars I don’t really know. Maybe for historical accuracy they should re-name them “The wars in which Great Britain stopped the world being overrun by relly-bad people while the other bits of the world fucked about for a couple of years until finally commiting when it was almost too late.” Though admittedly this is not quite as catchy.

Jus’ throwin’ it out there. :-k

As SB’s go, it was one of the most underwhelming games I’ve watched. I didn’t even watch the fourth quarter. Greenbay won? Hell, the Steelers lost. Greenbay just happened to be on the other side of the ball. A most unmemorable SB. I did enjoy watching Darth baby start the Volkswagon…

Tab,

Sic 'em! Take a big bite! :laughing:

This response is pathetic. That was a damn good game. You just lost your opportunity to talk shit when the Steelers lost, and this was the most obvious alternative, huh? To feign complete indifference?

Blurred, I’d say the same thing if the Steelers had won. The game stunk. When the whole room is more interested in the ads than the game, that says something.

Did you find that box yet?

Who doesn’t watch the Superbowl to see what kind of crazy shit they’ll come up with for the commercials? Easy to say you’d have the same response if the Steelers had won…I mean, they DIDN’T win, so you can SAY you’d have had any kind of response you’d like. :laughing:

Not yet :frowning:

I think we need to get Faust and Tab in the same thread more often, that’s a better matchup than the Steelers-Packers hands down - MUCH more entertaining. :slight_smile:

::coughhack::totallysourgrapes::chokecough

What do you mean you didn’t watch the 4th quarter, that was the best part of the whole damn game! You were just bored because there weren’t any cheerleaders, admit it. :evilfun:

I’m with Blurred, you got owned, mister, and now you’re just trying to rob us of our opportunity to rub it in. And I don’t think we’re gonna let that happen.

[size=85][rainey gets a pass on the mocking for obvious reasons, because he was a genuine Steelers fan, and not a bandwagon jumper like some folks around here.][/size]

You got it.

If you haven’t noticed, iambiguous, I really couldn’t give a fuck less about you. As you obviously find me completely irritating and stupid, why don’t you avoid the posts authored by me? You know you’re not going to enjoy reading them.

Anita - surely you misinterpret my communication with Tab. I assure you, it has all been said with good will and empathy. Again, he can’t help it. He’s concerned about the protective equipment that american football players wear, which is an excellent point. They also wear face masks and mouthpieces for a reason that would never occur to a Brit - american men still have, even at 25 years of age, teeth worth protecting. Surely that didn’t occur to Tab. Why would it?

As for our sartorial tastes, it’s true - american football players can’t do chorus line moves like this:

Not with the same sexually ambiguous panache, at least. And with those face masks, they can’t do this:

Which is entirely their loss, of course.

And Tab freely admits that association football is a child’s game.

As for Britain’s military prowess, I will gladly cite the Battle of Agincourt, 1415. Fair is fair.

:wink:

:laughing: I assure you, as the poor recipient of major braces circa 1983, English orthodontics is alive and well. But really, if we’re gonna get all picturey about this…

I mean c’mon, I know you build everything bigger in America, but the glass houses too…?

Sadly, those two pictures are of the same two people - the first, a year before their marriage and the second, three years after it.

Why do you suppose we care so much about our teeth?