Wretched Man

Hi Nick,

I’m sorry, I should have realised that time flies and you couldn’t know about my earlier posts. Thu Jan 01, 2004, a year before you started posting here, there was the thread on mysticism (which I didn’t start) in which we began talking about commonalities between the mystic traditions of numerous religions.
ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … t=#1578934
There were probably many before then too, but what is important, is that there have been many people posting in that direction over the years.

If you take an introspective view of that Parable, you will find that much is lost on us too, so why not focus on the good news – where the seed finds good ground it grows (some a hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold). That would be the positive approach that I mean. It is no secret that the “explanation” of the parable was added later.

This Meta-Vista is also possible from within without that magical “presence” to bump-start people. The sad thing about your idea of “presence” is that you can’t explain it but rather people are expected to believe that they must find others who “have” it. It is only a short-cut to misleading and misuse of those gullible enough. I find that the inner Way is more protective of those who might not be able to fend for themselves.

Of course there was a lot going on, but it was a lot more natural than the therapeutic courses you are suggesting. What do you envisage when you write “just acting meek and humble”? I envisage someone who is contemplative and meditative, who goes about his daily tasks thoughtfully and attentively, aware of his own dealings and words, maintaining a balance and gaining a steadiness in his dealings with others. Such people are open for inspiration and revelation.

Have to go now, I’ll be spending two weeks in England and may not find a hotspot - so don’t wait up for me :wink:

Shalom