Yo, Chess

Yo I think that means Carlsen’s knocked out.

Christ de calice tabarnac.

He chased him down being a knight and a pawn down and fucking checkmated him.

All of the 4 favourites, Nakamura, So, Carlsen and Nepomniachtchi, got knocked out.

this is one hell of a tournament.

A fucking bloodbath really.

You don’t often get to see an Aronian - Vachier-Lagrave match so that’s cool, and the Dubov - Tadjabov match makes you feel the colliseum is operational again.

This Tadjabov is a real warrior, these games are reallya wesome to watch.

Btw Vachier-Lagrave is a constant Championship contender, he’s just not particularly known for responding well to rapid time formats (yes 15 minutes with 10 seconds added every move per side is considered extremely fast in chess).

Actually wait, Dubov lost 2 games, and since he was 2 games down yesterday I don’t know if that means he gets knocked out, or if it’s like tennis where each match is only one “set” point.

Wow yeah Dubov got knocked out.

Honestly my emotions can’t handle all this.

ww3.jpg

This seems to be a theme in this tournament: why castle when you can push the h pawn?

I believe Vachier-Lagrave needs to win this game to continue playing, and he probably won’t.

Which would give an Aronian - Radjabov final.

Nail biting stuff. I think the winner gets something like 60k.

ww3.jpg

In theory this is completely won for white (Aronian).

But that is faaar easier said than done, and you can also in theory force a mate with two bishops if Vachier-Lagrave can snipe those pawns.

Unlikely, but if he doesn’t he’s knocked out and it’s not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Ok I read that all wrong. Aronian now with the bishop and knight against a bare king, I guess a tie saves V-L?

Aronian now out to prove that you can force one with a knight and bishop too and knock V-L out this tournament. Trickyyyy…

Holy bananas V-L resigned.

I do believe we have an Aronian Radjabov final.

The Armenian flag is a backwards Venezuelan flag.

Go Aronian.

Oh fuck yes they’re gonna have a match for third place between Vachier-Lagrave and Dubov.

Is it wrong that I’m a little more excited for that than for the finals?

When the internets proves itself:

Essencially Radjabov Russian GM’d him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ul9gLWNcHmE

Honestly though Dubov lost this game but he still played a beautiful game. The Magus would say “cry me a river” but I don’t know.

Plus the dude is like 12, how old is that motherfucker? Can’t be a day above 21.

I’m realizing I caught the last half of this game live.

So frustrating, Dubov’s game was like trying to accelerate at the speed of light, faster is always a step ahead of you.

Btw Rajabov played insanely technical moves while playing only on the increment.

This guy is one to fear. He will be in the next Candidates.

I won’t be posting in this thread because I try to avoid people who talk intelligently about chess. It’s too cliche, especially among intellectuals.