Your Christianity is not Your Christ

To Marshall McDaniel:

Actually as to your question about being more warmly accepted by non-theists I must shamefacedly say…yes.

I find the stubbornness of my fellow Christians concerning the inerrancy of the Bible to be very troubling. It doesn’t hurt or threaten my theism, but their philosophical dishonesty bothers me…a lot.

( It is philosophically honest to hold that any idea or concept that does not rely on the senses to determine it’s truth or false value, such as the belief either in the existence or nonexistence of God…is ultimately only what ONE BELIEVES or is a possibility. Most Christians feel that such philosophical honesty amounts to heresy. I tell them that it does not and it is a foot in a door to nontheists. Oh well, what are you going to do?)

Best,

Jay M. Brewer
phenomenal_graffiti@yahoo.com

I think intellectually honest people are the ones ready to question their beliefs, thoughts , and convictions (sometimes i even question the fact that i question everything :unamused: ). One must hew from every angle to create a perfect sculpture. ( i would not personally object if this statement were nominated for inclusion in official ILP merchandise :sunglasses: ).