Zimmerman Trial

People want all guilty people to go to prison and all innocent people to get off. Fortunately the law recognizes that there is going to have to be a significant set of people who are acquitted who may in fact be guilty. The law is supposed to err on that side - it has often leaned the other way, for example dependent on the race of the accused. Zimmerman may be guilty of something criminal, but we don’t know, so the judgement was probably a good one - given what I have heard. This does not mean he is innocent. And he was reckless. No way someone I thought was a criminal who I had seen from my car could have gotten me on the ground. Not because I am superhero, but because I would have been back in the car before he got within leaping range. This avoids having to shoot someone who might do more than punch me but might not. And that is working from Zimmerman’s account. To my mind at best the guy is reckless and showed very poor judgment qualities that should preclude gun ownership.

Then why criticize Zimmerman, isn’t your issue with nature?

Stuart, are going to call me a hypocrite if I don’t present a unified ethical theory that’s universalizable across all instances of human behavior?

But, your not even trying, just try harder!

It’s like Kanye West says, “when you try hard, that’s when you die hard”.

KW: “I’m on a pursuit of awesomeness, excellence is the bare minimum.”

Smears, I want to see excellence in all your future posts.

KW: “I don’t want a cookie for this. I want to become the best.”

I want you, Smears, to become the best.

Smears is the best, overall. i mean, some people are better than him at certain things, but in terms of awesome points, Smears has a perfect score.

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but if I"m being complimented, thanks.

Stat, I just watched the movie, “snow on the bluff”. If you live near people like that guy, then I totally understand your lens and your entire position makes sense.

The black guys who live around me are all well spoken and polite and they don’t really shoot at people or anything like that.

Nothing’s going on that i know of - well, a little hyperbole, maybe. i think you’re cool and funny and weird, or your posts are anyway. i don’t want to be your boyfriend or anything, though.

Are you female?

Not last time i checked

Word.