what you're favorite quote?

‘The challenge is to become homosexual.’ - Foucault

“There is no softer pillow than a clear conscience” French Proverb.

“Nature opens her eyes in man and notices that she is there.” - Friedrich Wilhelm J. Schelling.

[tab]Heidegger calls this Schellingian bright spot the open place that has opened up in man in the midst of the nature-like closed being.[/tab]

“The purpose and goal of every living thing is and has always been to Maximize the Integral of Joy Over Time - MIJOT” - James S Saint

It works. :smiley:

Another quote from James that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately:
“Devil’s Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise … until it is too late to choose otherwise.”

Perhaps more relevant than ever.

For me, it is a little more complicated:

Taken from this thread: https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=193673&p=2689964#p2689964

He said this just over three years ago.

Actually, it doesn’t work. People have opposing joys.

I’ll submit one of my quotes instead:

The goal of existence is that we all live our desired experiences at nobodies expense; which means to solve the pleasurable exclusive access problem once and for all.

I’ll go even further:

Karma is nothing but your reputation in the spirit world; there is no blasphemy, you just get a bad reputation.

I’ll go even further:

Sin is just consent violation. Some are worse than others.

I’ll give you another one. The worst thing you can do (lose reputation). Is to stomp on another beings heart while you’re having the best time of your life.

“The goal of existence is that we all live our desired experiences at nobodies expense; which means to solve the pleasurable exclusive access problem once and for all.”

That was good but when I started to read the rest I heard…

I edited my post and added one as well since you replied. People have different languages, I take it upon myself to communicate to all of them, not just you.

the streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers - beavis

What if one is only joyful, if joy has eliminated its opposite and no harmony could be established, because the opposite is missing?

“Infinity is not a noun. It’s a verb. It’s a process. If infinity were a thing it’d have border.” - Ecmandu. :laughing:

Then you missed the target - the goal. MIJOT specifies the accumulation of the joy (the integral) over (or through) time. So the goal is to accumulate as much as possible for as long as possible. That inherently limits both the struggle to survive and the temptation to get high. The specified goal is not North nor West - but specifically Northwest - else you are not aiming right.

Add up the joy or good feelings you allowed yourself to have each day and try to make that total accumulation throughout your life as high as possible (and thus for as long as possible). And the joy or harmony literally helps the survival effort.

I have tried it - and zookers it made a difference immediately. :smiley:

Another quote -
“Laugh - just because you can.” - James S Saint

I guess Jakob would call it “self-valuing”. :wink:

My answer to my question would have been: Then you would be in a place that does not exist in reality; because in reality there is always the opposite to joy; if this opposite did not exist, one could not feel joy at all.

Now you have brought the example of “Northwest” (a good direction, a good target, by the way). It means that I should choose “Northwest”, so that only one of the eight directions is correctly chosen as the target, and that means 1/8 or 12.5%. The opposite of joy would have to sit therefore exactly in the “Southeast” with its 12.5%. My question referred to the possibility of a 100% joy, because I am sure that it is not attainable - for reasons mentioned above.

Joy.png
:smiley:

Yes I think every direction has an opposite. And in this case the opposite direction - Southeast - would be miserable and suicidal. :cry:

And forgive me for being too masculine but shouldn’t you flip that picture right-to-left. :smiley:

Or are you from Australia? :confused:

Or perhaps looking from the inside out? :-k

Yes, sorry, I came from Australia via the South Pole, then went north. :laughing:

Are you - sure?
:-k

The picture of the compass?

Or…

…Did she fix it already?

From the south pole I went into the core of the planet, as you should know, where I had a meeting with Dante’s devil, who wanted to fool me, but at a certain point I saw through his intentions. :imp:

Earth’s core was not freezing cold at all, but hot as hell. :evilfun:

Above the gate of hell is the statement: “The Divine Omnipotence, the Supreme Wisdom and the First Love have built me up.”

“And he said to me: ‘You know, the place is round; and even if you have already advanced very far to the left, in the descent into the bottom, you have not yet completely succeeded in the circle’.”

D_D.jpg
“With my gaze I returned to all the seven spheres, and I saw this globe so that I had to smile at its lowly appearance.” - Dante.

Dante can be interpreted that the devil is the first one who is really in the world, in the middle of the world, in the earth’s core.

E_.jpg