Determinism

Which is? summaryly-speaking, of course.

That behind the door marked Man’s Will Is Not Free, another door exists (which was never opened) that shows us how we can prevent from coming back that for which blame and punishment was previously necessary.

This does not parse very well. Can you state with Quotes exactly what is written on the doors?

MagsJ: Which is? summaryly-speaking, of course.

Peacegirl: That behind the door marked Man’s Will Is Not Free, another door exists (which was never opened) that shows us how we can prevent from coming back that for which blame and punishment was previously necessary.
[/quote]
Sculptor: This does not parse very well. Can you state with Quotes exactly what is written on the doors?

Peacegirl: There’s nothing to read into. This only means that philosophers who unlocked the first door of determinism never got to the second door because they could not get past the implications (the corollary of no blame). This impasse has stopped further investigation as to how opening the second door and extending the corollary Thou Shall Not Blame, does the opposite of what philosophers have believed would occur which is a lessening of responsibility when in fact responsibility is increased. With this new understanding we can PREVENT from coming back that for which blame, punishment, and forgiveness were previously necessary. Why would we need to forgive when people stop doing those things that would bring forgiveness into the equation? Remember, this is about prevention, not after the fact.

Sculptor: This does not parse very well. Can you state with Quotes exactly what is written on the doors?

Peacegirl: There’s nothing to read into. This only means that philosophers who unlocked the first door of determinism never got to the second door because they could not get past the implications (the corollary of no blame). This impasse has stopped further investigation as to how opening the second door and extending the corollary Thou Shall Not Blame, does the opposite of what philosophers have believed would occur which is a lessening of responsibility when in fact responsibility is increased. With this new understanding we can PREVENT from coming back that for which blame, punishment, and forgiveness were previously necessary. Why would we need to forgive when people stop doing those things that would bring forgiveness into the equation? Remember, this is about prevention, not after the fact.
[/quote]
You do realize you’re insane, right?

Once someone realizes that they’re forgiven for everything, some will say to themselves, “awesome!” I get to do anything I want to someone without any reprecussions”

This is one thing you don’t understand TG.

People don’t hurt people because of blame or judgement.

They do it because that’s all they like to do.

Your entire posts on these threads are extremely ignorant and extremely insane.

MagsJ: Which is? summaryly-speaking, of course.

Peacegirl: That behind the door marked Man’s Will Is Not Free, another door exists (which was never opened) that shows us how we can prevent from coming back that for which blame and punishment was previously necessary.
[/quote]

Peacegirl: There’s nothing to read into. This only means that philosophers who unlocked the first door of determinism never got to the second door because they could not get past the implications (the corollary of no blame). This impasse has stopped further investigation as to how opening the second door and extending the corollary to No Free Will does the opposite of what philosophers have believed would occur which is a lessening of responsibility when in fact responsibility is increased. With this new understanding we can PREVENT from coming back that for which blame, punishment, and forgiveness were previously necessary. Why would we need to forgive when people stop doing those things that would bring forgiveness into the equation? Remember, this is about prevention, not after the fact.

Ecmandu: You do realize you’re insane, right?

Once someone realizes that they’re forgiven for everything, some will say to themselves, “awesome!” I get to do anything I want to someone without any reprecussions”

This is one thing you don’t understand PG.

People don’t hurt people because of blame or judgement.

Peacegirl: I never said they did, but the knowledge they will be blamed, if caught, gives them advance justification to do whatever they plan on doing. I’m talking about a new set of environmental conditions. I’m not talking about our present environment which, if implemented, would give people a free pass to hurt others without any fear of consequences. Do you see what you’ve done? You’ve put the cart before the horse and have jumped to a premature conclusion. This is what the author urged people not to do.

Ecmandu: They do it because that’s all they like to do.

Peacegirl: That’s true, therefore the goal is to create an environment where that’s NOT what they like to do.Get it?

Ecmandu: Your entire posts on these threads are extremely ignorant and extremely insane.

Peacegirl: It’s actually your knee-jerk reaction that’s the problem here.

I think that some would be taken more seriously if they stopped using words like ‘insane’ …or ‘kook’ …it makes them sound like p*icks! in not aiding in substantiating their claims any the more, by using it.

I think you need to take care calling people other than yourself “insane”.

Ok, fine, your author is insane.

People like to kill and torture JUST because they like to kill and torture, it has NOTHING - no connection whatsoever !!! To blame or determinism.

Take MagsJ for example… or Sculptor in this thread.

They are sadists - they can’t back up my “insanity” with an argument.

I back up everything I say with arguments, ‘cause, you know, that’s what philosophers do.

Fortunately for me, I brush it off because I realize that they’re retarded sociopaths.

Well what about dreams and the sub or unconscious state? That is time travel in a sense in some or a lot of cases whether the dreamer understands or not. Future or past. Time is a man made concept, change is what is real and if you do not think change can be reversed then I don’t think you will like the future much since it contradicts determinism, I’m not denying it exists but so do other concepts or systems mentioned. That’s all humans really try to work on and achieve is bettering the future, understanding and of reversing the past.

And, you know what Sculptor and MagsJ.

Take it to the debate forum. “Ecmandu is insane”

That’s a challenge.

My debate is that you’re both Retarded sociopaths, and that I’m sane.

We carry the past with us and by doing our own work on ourselves we change the baggage.

Those two aren’t retarded sociopaths. These two are, though.

Most sociopaths fit into society.

Ecmandu, why did you not acknowledge my last post that you have misinterpreted my comments? This is a serious problem in this thread. I’m not condemning you. I’m trying to find a common denominator.

Oh, I responded to you.

“ People like to kill and torture JUST because they like to kill and torture, it has NOTHING - no connection whatsoever !!! To blame or determinism.”

You didn’t respond to me or yourself.

Your whole thesis is that blame only comes from freedom and that if we stop blaming people no violence will ever occur.

That’s insane.

Ecmandu, why did you not acknowledge my last post that you have misinterpreted my comments? This is a serious problem in this thread. I’m not condemning you. I’m trying to find a common denominator.
[/quote]
Ecmandu: Oh, I responded to you.

Peacegirl: I didn’t see it. I apologize if I missed it.

Ecmandu: “ People like to kill and torture JUST because they like to kill and torture, it has NOTHING - no connection whatsoever !!! To blame or determinism.”

Peacegirl: What a superficial response. Obviously people hurt others because they want to, but WHY? You are not a terrible investigator.

Ecmandu: You didn’t respond to me or yourself.

Your whole thesis is that blame only comes from freedom and that if we stop blaming people no violence will ever occur.

Peaceful: WRONG WRONG 100 times WRONG!

Peacegirl: Show me where I said blame only comes from freedom. You are extremely confused!

Then tell me what the fuck you’re saying, because every poster on this thread thinks that’s exactly what you’re saying.

Whoaaaa, what does agreement or disagreement by a few on this thread have to do with the veracity of this discovery. This is not a popularity contest.

You’re non responsive to your own posts and you’re insane.

You can step out of insanity.

This entire thread is you stating that if people believe they have freedom that murder will happen.

That’s insane.

You also state that if freedom is rejected, this blame, that no murder will happen.

That’s insane.

You are actually insane.

Before you go on again about that’s not what you said…

That’s exactly what you said.

The burden of proof is on you to clarify your position.