Determinism

Let’s consider the bare bones of her argument (aside from being able to prove compatiblism)…

Who benefits most from non judgement ?

drumroll

Psychopaths.

That ends the whole book and thesis.

It’s that fucking simple.
[/quote]
Peacegirl: People are not sociopaths at birth Ecmandu. It takes an environment that encourages this behavior in many subtle and not so subtle ways. You don’t have a clue what this knowledge can accomplish so please butt out!
[/quote]
Ecmandu: Alright…

You want to get into this with me?

A sociopath is a person SOCIALIZED to be anti social.

A psychopath is BORN that way.

Almost everyone on earth was BORN to be antisocial.

But I’m being kind in my speech…

I’m calling you sociopaths.

Peacegirl: You’re off-base Ecmandu. You cannot prove that a newborn baby is a born psychopath. In actual fact, you cannot prove that a psychopath couldn’t have have been a saint growing up in a different environment.

Pood, I think I was at this forum at one point. Trust me, this is not my first rodeo. Please understand that I have no desire do this again in a forum type venue. I can answer your questions here. Just ignore the static. We can still communicate.

Why are you still here Iambiguous? You couldn’t stay away for even a minute, could you? Geeze!!

I don’t know what forums you have been to, but if you always us the name “peacegirl,” you were never at that forum. Anyway, ignoring the static here is not the issue. The issue is that no intelligent person should post at or support a forum that has so little self-respect it allows itself to become a venue for incels jerking off in their mother’s basements in front of their computer screens until Mommy comes downstairs and makes them turn off the computer and eat their spinach.

Why on earth can’t they continue their exchange through PMing?

That way if any significant breakthroughs occur peacegirl can bring them to our attention here.

But pood’s own contemptuous post here speaks volumes regarding his own flagrant hypocrisy.

This reaction to those who refuse to think like he does is rather typical of his ilk. “Incels jerking off in their mother’s basements”.

That only brings me back to this:

Pood: I don’t know what forums you have been to, but if you always us the name “peacegirl,” you were never at that forum. Anyway, ignoring the static here is not the issue. The issue is that no intelligent person should post at or support a forum that has so little self-respect it allows itself to become a venue for incels jerking off in their mother’s basements in front of their computer screens until Mommy comes downstairs and makes them turn off the computer and eat their spinach.

Peacegirl: Philosophy forums taught me to be thick skinned. I’ve actually been to worse forums, believe it or not. I do remembered iidb. They may have deleted previous threads. I was banned from one forum (I can’t remember which one) because I questioned the safety of vaccines. So much for free speech.

He stared at his computer screen.

He thought, almost 44,000 posts, and counting.

That’s big. That’s real big!

I, Biggy!

“Biggy!”

He rolled his eyes.

“Your basement room is a mess! Please clean it before I call in the junk haulers and the exterminators!”

Biggy brooded. His mum, bless her soul, was 105 years old. Yet still, she did not realize that her life experiences were adventitiously rooted in dasien. Had she been someone different, then she would have been someone different. This startling insight of his never failed to bowl him over with its profound and provocative implications. Click!

“Mother,” he yelled upstairs, “someone is wrong on the internet! I must cling to my cyberpost like dingleberries to an ass crack in order to connect the dots here and now on this side of the grave to the dots there and then on the other side of the grave. Were you not a fulminating fanatical objectivist, you would understand this!”

“If I weren’t your mother, you little cretin, I would have had you committed a long time ago!”

“Mother, there you go again with your intellectual contraptions in the clouds.”

“What intellectual contraptions? You’re in incel in his mid-seventies! Do you realize how pathetic that is?”

“Mother, get your head out of the clouds.”

“Biggy, get your hand out of your pants!”

“Mother, we’ll need a conext, of course.”

And so on.

Yawn.

:confusion-waiting:

Dude,

Iambiguous is talking about post menopause…

‘PMing’ for short.

That’s no joke.

Iambiguous: Why on earth can’t they continue their exchange through PMing?

Peacegirl: Why should we have to PM each other when this is an open thread?

Iambiguous: That way if any significant breakthroughs occur peacegirl can bring them to our attention here.

Peacegirl: What a strange comment.

Iambiguous: But pood’s own contemptuous post here speaks volumes regarding his own flagrant hypocrisy.

Peacegirl: He hasn’t shown any hypocrisy. He is just pissed and trying to strike back at you for being disingenuous.

Iambiguous: This reaction to those who refuse to think like he does is rather typical of his ilk. “Incels jerking off in their mother’s basements”.

Peacegirl: What ilk are you talking about? He isn’t telling you to agree with him. He can’t get that far because you have a way of changing the topic, side tracking, and calling anyone who wants you to understand their position, an objectivist.

Iambiguous: That only brings me back to this:

[quote]
…someday he might finally confront whatever or whoever turned him into what he often is here: another Urwrong/obsrvr524/polishyouth.

To wit:

Something has clearly pissed him off in life. Something that brings him into places like this to vent!!!

It seems [to me] that he needs to make scapegoats of those he construes to be part of whatever he is outraged about. But what is it? And how did it come about?

Peacegirl: He’s only outraged at the lack of true debate on your part; only the appearance of such.

Iambiguous: Wouldn’t that be far more fascinating to explore than the “substance” of his arrogant and dogmatic personal attacks?

Peacegirl: No it wouldn’t. You are making him a scapegoat now by diverting attention away from yourself, as usual.

Pood, I have not laughed this hard in a long time! This struck my funny bone!! What a comedy this has become!! No intellectual contraption here! :slight_smile:

Thanks, peacegirl! :smiley:

Silhouette, that you?! You hidin over 'ere?!

Nope, not much in the way of philosophy here, is there?

But it does allow me to come back around to this:

Also, to remind him again that even though 16,300 of my posts were just music videos, I have contributed many, many, many posts that were – substantively – of a philosophical nature:

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175006
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175121
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=186929
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195614
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195600
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=196522
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=195495

In fact pood/karpel tunnel/moreno [if my guess is right] hasn’t even come remotely close as I have to actually making ILP about philosophy. I’ve been going after the Kids, the pinheads, the fulminating fanatics and the social media types here for years.

Thus:

If I was born into a Christian or Marxist family am I obligated to remain a Christian or to adopt Marxism as my political philosophy?
If I was born into a fanatic Christian family is Evolution theory beyond my will’s options to consider and choose as more rational than creationism?
Am I trapped in the ideology I was born and raised into, or do i have the choice to consider alternate options?

Do I need to be absolutely certain of my choice or can I choose what I consider to be more likely the truth?
Am I trapped by uncertainty because I can never know the absolute unequivocal truth?
Can I choose the most likely answer using minimal data? If not how did Sherlock Holmes do it? Was he procrastinating and suffering from uncertainties?
Does any of us only act if we are absolutely certain, or do we act despite being somewhat or mostly uncertain?

What counts as a good source of knowledge?
How do I validate the information I am given?
What standard do I use to validate my own and other’s opinions? Popularity? What feels good?

What determined the differences between Bonobo and Chimpanzee behaviours.
Environment.
Evolutionary psychologists have theorized that at some point some chimpanzee troupes were forces up mountainsides, due to competitive challenges from the stronger troops in the valleys.
These troops were isolated from their brethren and evolved in isolation under different circumstances.
For example, there were no predators up on the mountains so those troops became more effete, feminized, requiring no masculine energy to defend themselves against predators and other chimpanzee troops.

Whereas chimpanzees were dominated by a male that kept the peace, the more docile bonobo evolved a matriarchy using sex to reaffirm and maintain hierarchies and to resolve in-group conflicts.
Currently some are revising their theory about bonobos realizing that their demeanour is not as peaceful as it appears to be.

This is how nature can be used to explain naturally evolved behaviours.
A slight environmental change will produce cascading effects in what is naturally selected - filtered in and out of the gene pool.
What contributes to fitness is reproduced; what reduces fitness is filtered out; what is neutral may or may not be part of the selection, becoming part of an organisms mutational load that may be triggered later, or remain latent.

This also explains how and why human tribes evolved differently into races with different physical and mental potentials.
Skin pigmentation is not superficial.

Lorikeet: If I was born into a Christian or Marxist family am I obligated to remain a Christian or to adopt Marxism as my political philosophy?

Peacegirl: No

Lorikeet: If I was born into a fanatic Christian family is Evolution theory beyond my will’s options to consider and choose as more rational than creationism?
Am I trapped in the ideology I was born and raised into, or do i have the choice to consider alternate options?

Peacegirl: You absolutely have the choice to consider options.

Lorikeet: Do I need to be absolutely certain of my choice or can I choose what I consider to be more likely the truth?

Peacegirl: You don’t have to be absolutely certain of your choice or even believe it is the truth. All you need is to believe this choice is better [in your eyes] than any of the alternatives at your disposal.

Lorikeet: I trapped by uncertainty because I can never know the absolute unequivocal truth?
Can I choose the most likely answer using minimal data? If not how did Sherlock Holmes do it? Was he procrastinating and suffering from uncertainties?
Does any of us only act if we are absolutely certain, or do we act despite being somewhat or mostly uncertain?

Peacegirl: Again, many choices are filled with uncertainties. We consider the options that are in front of us and make the best choice given the pros and cons. This does not mean we have free will.

Lorikeet: What counts as a good source of knowledge? How do I validate the information I am given? What standard do I use to validate my own and other’s opinions? Popularity? What feels good?

Peacegirl: That’s the hard part especially when it comes to discoverers that were not part of academia. If you’re not recognized, you’re ignored. So sad because we are losing the war when peace is possible! :frowning:

Thanks for your input…
Try convincing the imbecile iamalyingcunt that being born into a culture does not trap you there.
You can’t…because she’s psychotic.
But, if you want to waste your time…that’s your choice, based on your goals, founded on your judgements.
The risk, the potential costs?
Wasting your time.
Being constantly frustrated.
Losing your hope in humanity. If you had any.
Realizing inequality is a fact.
The potential benefits?
Having your views seen by others; using shit-for-brains as a means.
Passing your time by kicking a brain-dead ass - stress relieving.
Affirming your convictions that IQ is inherited potential.

Take care.

What the hell are you talking about Lorikeet? I gave a legitimate and thoughtful response and what did you give back? A nasty post that has no reference to the discussion. I am kindly asking you not to post in my thread. You are ruining it for others. Thanks in advance!

Did you read the post?
Was it an attack on you?

Never mind, carry on.
You deserve this place.

Thanks for your input…
Try convincing the imbecile iamalyingcunt that being born into a culture does not trap you there.
You can’t…because she’s psychotic.
But, if you want to waste your time…that’s your choice, based on your goals, founded on your judgements.
The risk, the potential costs?
Wasting your time.
Being constantly frustrated.
Losing your hope in humanity. If you had any.
Realizing inequality is a fact.
The potential benefits?
Having your views seen by others; using shit-for-brains as a means.
Passing your time by kicking a brain-dead ass - stress relieving.
Affirming your convictions that IQ is inherited potential.

Take care.