Logic Is Dead

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:31 am

Logic Is Dead

We are entering the Technological Singularity: What this means is that we are ready to start directly manipulating the neural circuits of our mind - brain, that is change the circuits, their wiring, their connections, their associations with memory, emotions, behaviors, sentiments, sense organs, etc. We are ready to design completely new brains, minds, thought machines, emotion machines. This means also, implanting chips in brains, creating new sense organs, nay, inventing new sense organs, emotions, pleasure circuits, you name it, virtual realities tied in memory slots connecting to sense organs to emotions, etc., if you can imagine it, it will be done.

Also, since there will no longer be any reference point from which to measure one mind as compared to another, since all minds are equivalently false or true, none of them are perceiving reality more than any other, there is no longer any need for logic, logic dies.

Also, since logic is dead at this point, any manipulation, as wild as possible, any Instant Singularity performed on brains and minds, in the form of random wild chemicals inserted in brains, random connections of the wires in brains, random neural circuits, anything as random and wild, and absolutely not thought out, completely blind, therefore without any possible logic, will create a mind that senses a new universe just as real as ours.

So logic is dead or can follow any other form imaginable, thought also is dead or can follow any other form imaginable, welcome to the future and an infinite array of new universes.

Check out:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162692

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163667

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172275
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby James S Saint » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Such might be the case if people were truly free to "play with their brains".

Every modification, be it chips or even ideas, serves a particular master. The logic that endures is the rationale that master prefers. No individual will ever have the freedom to "play with his own brain". When a person becomes useless to a socialist society, they are dealt with. A mind that obeys no rationale at all, is useless beyond a mere experiment or entertainment.

Additionally, the mind doesn't work in the free form you seem to believe. Any and all mental construct depends on specific "logic" without which, the mind cannot form at all, no random bizarre universe maps. And intelligence actually does have an absolute frame of measure. It is not merely relative even though IQ testing is used that way. IQ tests do not measure intelligence, but conformity of intelligence to the preferred.

Logic, like any true god, cannot die regardless of what Man attempts. Dialectic is another story.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I find transhumanism and belief in this so called technological singularity fabricated by Ray Kurzweil to be nothing more than another way to cope for death just like religion and belief in the afterlife.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Think again, think it over carefully: all of what you say is valid using your own mind - brain configuration, only one in a trillion possible, but you cannot know or see the world through new minds. Let alone the "social" aspects, we are talking of things that are way past even society or the individual. The modified brain - mind may contain many people inside one, may contain an entire civilization, a giant sized brain the size of a skyscraper, or it may be one, or it may switch back and forth and navigate all the intermediate states.

We will design new minds, as in the Encyclopedia of Modified Minds, having thousands of pages, each page describing a completely different block diagram of possible minds - brains, or computers running programs designing new minds by the billions a second and connecting them.

Yes there will be some local logic here and there, there will be some randomness here and there, and there will be wild chemicals inside modified minds, there is no limit.

And each mind will live in a new universe, a new virtual reality. It is mind boggling to think of the possibilities, aside from the fact that you would have to solve the problem of designing the new mind and connecting it to your own to test it out, and how much do you want it to be connected ? How much do you want to let go of your own will power and consciousness ? At what point are you the new mind ? Do you want to remember your previous mind or do you want to create false memories of what your previous person was ? Aren't all memories false ? Yes they are, all is a lie, all is contradiction.

Now, go on, show me that logic is still valid. Especially since I can always assign anything I want, lie to myself and others. Oh no, I can't, I am in contradiction. All contradictions are welcome.

Check out:

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22324

Good luck.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:56 pm

"And each mind will live in a new universe, a new virtual reality."
Promises of heaven and such.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby Stoic Guardian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:18 am

I Also do not follow Transhumanism but I do not think the afterlife is simply a concept people fabricated to alleviate the fear of death, I've heard that argument many times before and do not find it to be true in many cases. I do not plan on ever merging my body with technology, technology to me is meant to be a tool to be created and used I do not wish to become technology, to weaken myself by trying to "fix" myself.
User avatar
Stoic Guardian
Silvershirt Armchair Legionary
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

Encyclopedia of Modified Minds

For example, at page 2,345 you will find this particular block diagram or description:

Emotion box is set up to produce sense organ stimulus (mix of visual and sonar), but the array of sense information can be memorized and added to other signals so as to create a large array of new sense organ types and information relationships: the difference between each new sense organ type (of which there are now a few thousand) is far greater than the difference between what we normally feel from sound, vision and touch.

10 dimensional touch systems, 20 dimensional sound systems, etc.

But the emotion box also interacts with the pseudo-logic box (it is all false logic, nothing consistent is even needed or necessary, it is one huge make believe system of symbols, equations, and circuit designs) and creates false thought processes, 40 dimensional will power machines interacting through sentimental circuits creating imagined pasts, etc.

We will be designing philosophical machines that will dissect, through infinite recursion machines, every philosophical problem to the vanishing point. We will construct existence from its elementary particles, we will have many completely new physical universes available having completely new laws of physics executing high speed evolution creating trillions of new life forms and new civilizations that will be creating their own new civilizations. We will have many brains in a vat, in a never ending array of other brains in a vat containing other brains in a vat, universes in a vat, gods in a vat, you name it.

Oh, but you are using logic to describe the modified minds, er no, the modified minds will use other entities to describe other entities, logic will have been overcome and dissected to the vanishing point. And lies and contradictions are accepted, actually they completely thrive on lies, contradictions because being as wrong and as false as possible is a virtue. They will not only be wrong, a lie and false, they will be as wrong, a lie and as false as possible, to the very extreme, just for the fun of it, just to show their power, their infinite power.


Now, go on, tell me that logic is not dead.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 am

hint, hint... Logic is Not Dead, it just took a vacation...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Check out:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174931

Another scientific justification to try out as many mind designs as possible, as many information systems experiments in terms of modified minds as possible since only Information Relationships exist. So we can lie and demolish logic and invent new universes with new laws of physics. We can invent all and anything, since true and false no longer hold.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

How Logic Dies

Take a universe having 3 items, A, B and C. Now the existence of A in a point of space and time ( but even independently of how the universe is made, it can have no dimensions or any other structure, not necessarily like ours with space and time) means that at that point B and C are turned off, don't exist, are not present, you can say (not following any real logic here, just for description purposes):


A = (not B) and (not C)

If you have B in that point then

B = (not A) and (not C)

Now, in order for there to be a contradiction in that universe, you would have to have a new entity X representing a contradictory item such as being both B and C at the same point (same point in space and time):

X = (not A)

and you could have another Z representing all three items existing at the same point A, B and C.

Z = A and B and C


Now, play around with the combinations, and extrapolate to a universe with millions of particles, groupings, delimitations, parts or parts of other parts, etc. and extrapolate to the items A or B, etc. being events, entire narratives, or just items, people, civilizations, histories, planets, or just short stories, or anything imaginable, this mechanism makes it such that a contradictory universe can exist.

After all, I read on these forums that to consider anything, you must consider everything that that anything is not. So, this is how logic dies. Considering items made up of more than one distinct thing, like an item being a few holes in a sphere containing all items, when normally any item is just one hole in the sphere of all items.

But to live and have the experience of a contradictory universe, you must manipulate your mind - brain and neural circuits, they must be designed to perceive such a world.

But you say, you used logic to get to a non logical universe, and I say, who cares, you can use any tool you want to get to any result you want, there is no metaphysical necessity to follow any particular path or interactions or tools to reach any conclusion.

By the way, I just like to make things up, I like writing cool sounding blocks of text, I could care less if it is all wrong and false, that is the job of real scientists and engineers to discover, and there are many of those today anyways.

Real philosophy just likes to play, just forces anything it wants, real philosophy cannot be judged, it just is. A real philosopher has no necessity to be right, actually a real philosopher tries to be as wrong as possible.
Last edited by nameta9 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby James S Saint » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 pm

nameta9 wrote:We can invent all and anything, since true and false no longer hold.

Is that a "true" statement?

To deduce whether logic is dead, at least things must occur;
1) Define "logic"
2) Use logic to make your case.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Logic, reason and rationality are only dead to those that are illogical, unreasonable, and irrational.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby James S Saint » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:58 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Logic, reason and rationality are only dead to those that are illogical, unreasonable, and irrational.
:handgestures-thumbup:

:character-beavisbutthead:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby turtle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:07 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Logic, reason and rationality are only dead to those that are illogical, unreasonable, and irrational.

I really like this.
turtle
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8005
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:15 pm

You want some real philosophy, I am giving it to you, enjoy.

Logic is Dead:

1) Because I say so. Am I wrong ? Good, I could care less. I can't touch or see wrong, where is wrong ? What is wrong, is it a rock, can I interact with it ? Or I care so much that I am wrong, it is killing me. Now what ? I may just keep on being wrong forever, trying to solve the same unsolvable problems forever and never solving them (man constantly does just that, solves the same problems he knows how to solve over and over again, nay, even the molecules of his cells, and the entire body, keeps on processing the chemicals and vital functions in the "correct way", solving the same problems correctly over and over again until it can't, just like we try to solve the same unsolvable problems over and over again and also solvable problems over and over again, a loop, an obsessive loop). Or I may assign them as solved. Maybe I like being wrong. How's that ? Maybe we should search how wrong we can get, the limits of falsity and wrongness. Granted, much may imply pain, but then we are only a 1 transistor circuit, just navigating pain/pleasure.

2) Who says I am wrong ? Another mind, brain. Oh, I see, or is it the majority of minds and brains ? But still, the tree doesn't say I am wrong. Nor does that electron in that corner on the wall, electron number 4566756788, yep, that one there, he doesn't think I am wrong. Now what ? And aren't all these minds - brains just quirks, just whims, idiosyncratic information processing machines that natural evolution programmed through a completely random - chaotic process over millions of years ? So what makes those brains - minds in any way a reference system, a fundamental reference of truth ?

3) And what if what I mean by logic and dead have some kind of meaning that no one else knows or can understand ? prove it to me. I can always say, "you don't understand": now what ?

Go on, tell me Logic is Not Dead, Tell me how wrong I am, I need to be wrong, I like being wrong. Now what ?
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby James S Saint » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

nameta9 wrote:You want some real philosophy, I am giving it to you, enjoy.

Logic is Dead:

1) Because I say so. Am I wrong ? Good, I could care less. I can't touch or see wrong, where is wrong ?

That lends to the "Philosophy Is Dead" thread.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:48 pm

turtle wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Logic, reason and rationality are only dead to those that are illogical, unreasonable, and irrational.

I really like this.


I just hope it isn't enlightening to anyone. If it is, then why would it not be obvious from the get go.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Criticism accepted. Actually, in most forums I always encounter mostly criticism, conflicts, very seldom does anyone have anything constructive or interesting to add to the discussions. It is as if the language itself, the mental environment is always either this or that, no linearity, the communication is always a kind of subtle conflict, we are programmed to conflict. No serialization of work, no accumulation of results.

On modifed minds, even if you don't believe that they can be programmed and changed, just from the outset, as humans are already configured, we are an infinitely programmable machine, any kind of behavior, culture, interaction amongst humans can be programmed, just look at all past civilizations and ways of doing things. We can associate any sequence of symbols to any emotions, feelings, behaviors, to any possible transaction between people, or objects, etc. We barely scratched the surface of how we can be programmed just as we are, by just changing the language structure, the interactions, the rules of engagement, thought patterns, etc.



http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/6192 ... ely-exists

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=143334

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=149917


"A contradictory item is always true no matter what because even if it is false it is true and vice versa. It is a win win situation where you can amply assign anything, you can do all you want, everything you invent is true. In others words YOU BECOME YOUR OWN BOSS.

These universes are within a larger space that does not have any requirements to respect, niether mathematical or existence or true or false or anything at all. Hence this superspace contains all possible things imaginable. But this superspace is also contained within our universe because MATTER IS INFINITE AND THIS UNIVERSE CONTAINS ALL UNIVERSES POSSIBLE AND IMPOSSIBLE WITHIN ITSELF AND ALL THE UNIVERSES THAT ARE NOT EVEN CONTAINED WITHIN ITSELF."


"This thread is proposing the infinite-infinite universe where all conceivable possibilities exist within our infinite universe. This theory completely allows any contradiction within it's terms because that would be just another possibility (or combination) so a red planet exists and doesn't exist at the same time. Anyways the theory is COMPLETELY CONTRADICTORY and makes no attempt as to limit the contradictions. IF every conceivable idea, concept, matter, universe, planet etc. exists then there is no need for any explanations of anything since everything is just a given combination from the infinite amount of combinations. You need to explain something if there is only one possible path within a multitude, but in the infinite-infinite universe all the paths are simultaneously present including no paths and only a few (there goes the contradicton which is acceptable). This is somewhat an aesthetical view of the universe. "

"The theory is true and demonstrated because it accepts all contradictions within it, even the fact that it is false. It is at this point that we can hardly behold the infinite-infinite universe because it is the only thing that is definitely true! Contradictory item is the only one that is true. OF course all logical discorse falls apart, and you can say nothing or everything, but it is like the zero. The "FULL SET" wherever it is."

"I can also say that the theory is false because "I SAY SO" and therefore overide the "FULL SET"; such is the extension of this set...but the set doesn't exits ETC. ETC........"

"This theory has been proved true. Therefore this is the ultimate grand unified theory of physics. This theory is true even if it is false because within the infinite-infinite universe all contradictions reign."

"A contradictory item (or concept, or object ) is the only one that exists in the universe because it can deceive all logic and reasoning and as such does not depend on any reasoning to exist."

"If contradictory item A is such that A=3 and also A=17, and A exists and A also does not exist, then A is the most sure thing to exist because it can always escape any logic regarding its existence. Its existence does not depend on any logic any rule or any constraint, not even the one of being true or false. It is hard to reason with this item because all reasoning breaks down, but this proves that it is the most sure thing possible, since nothing can contradict it, as it actually accepts and thrives on contradiction. "

"An even stranger item would be a partially contradiciting item. Say A=13 and A=17 but A not equal to 12. This would be a contradictory item that has some exceptions. A is also a tree and the moon but not the letter "W". "

Now, go on, criticize these masterpieces...

I win. I always win, I will always win no matter what, why am I so good at winning ?

How I like to win, I always win. And all of you who believe that Logic is not Dead lose.

Oh, I lost, how I like to lose. I like it either way, win or lose, I win...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby Only_Humean » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm

nameta9 wrote:Criticism accepted. Actually, in most forums I always encounter mostly criticism, conflicts, very seldom does anyone have anything constructive or interesting to add to the discussions.


Criticism can (and should) be constructive and interesting.
Image

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
User avatar
Only_Humean
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6198
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Right here

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby James S Saint » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 pm

nameta9 wrote:Criticism accepted. Actually, in most forums I always encounter mostly criticism, conflicts, very seldom does anyone have anything constructive or interesting to add to the discussions. It is as if the language itself, the mental environment is always either this or that, no linearity, the communication is always a kind of subtle conflict, we are programmed to conflict. No serialization of work, no accumulation of results.

That is also due to the architecture of forums. They disinspire point by point settlements toward progress and inspire irresponsible negativity toward conflict and chaos.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby victorel21 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:55 am

Eistein once said: " the important thing is to never stop questioning." Although I disagree with your version of logic which i refer to as thought process I respect your position. I believe it true I cannot prove you wrong under your system of definitions.
"As a philosopher I am skeptical of everything including my own thoughts" -- me.
victorel21
Thinker
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby victorel21 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:04 am

nameta9 wrote:Criticism accepted. Actually, in most forums I always encounter mostly criticism, conflicts, very seldom does anyone have anything constructive or interesting to add to the discussions. It is as if the language itself, the mental environment is always either this or that, no linearity, the communication is always a kind of subtle conflict, we are programmed to conflict. No serialization of work, no accumulation of results.


Unfortunately, you are going to keep getting conflict any person that thinks must hold a position or truth otherwise he wont be able to think. If you attack their belief, truth, they will respond with equal force. Every belief hold by any human being is emotionally driven, it is there for a reason, objective discusiion without moderation will always result in emotional remarks, (chaos).

People will never change their concept of truth unless it is convinient to do so, remember that and you will become a good politician.
"As a philosopher I am skeptical of everything including my own thoughts" -- me.
victorel21
Thinker
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:21 pm

I agree, philosophy should just be a game, be your own boss, creative game, invent anything you want. Instead it seems always confrontational, who is wrong who is right, a conflict. Philosophy can't have any possible goal, it is a game from the outset, just playing around, who cares, it is not mathematics, or science or physics, etc. And especially not politics.

We are set up for unhappiness. We always have goals that haven't been reached, or can never be reached, or if even reached are in some way not sufficient. And then we set up other goals, targets, a continuous array of targets, some reachable, some not, an obsessive loop. And think about them forever and the goals we couldn't reach forever and years sometimes, etc. Of course problems are exchanged through society, navigate through society by being passed from person to person, by being forced upon you (layoff, etc.), but even aside from that, we are set up for unhappiness from the outset. Our mental - psychological configuration is always in problem solving mode, or goal reaching mode, or frustration because we can't reach that target or goal etc. And this feeds in the constant unhappiness, anger, or conflict with others and yourself, constant confrontation, constant status challenge, fights, who wins, who loses, etc.

But this is also an example of how our mind is programmed in only one of milions of possible ways, set up for unhappiness, always goal orientated, always conflicting with people, fights, competition, capitalism, etc. But it can be programmed in so many completely different ways completely ignoring all of these reactions.

And I agree that all is just an instantaneous point like event, and information exchange, an information interaction of Mass - Energy with itself. A process of constant information exchange of energy with itself.

Be your own boss and just say all problems have been solved, metaphysically, because I said so, now I no longer can possibly have any problems. Lie to yourself, who cares. Everything is a lie anyways.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Philosophy is not a game, it is like math and science in that it is a logical and rational abstraction of reality which has very real implications. Philosophy must be valid along the lines of reason and logic in order to be a valid philosophy, thus in this manner we can discern if it is correct or not. Too many times people will pawn off Pseudo-philosophy simply because they think it's ok to produce thoughts, reasons, and abstractions of the world because it's just a game, or because there are no rules of Philosophy. To that you will see a difference between nonsense and enlightenment, stupidity and intelligence, the bastard son of lies and righteousness, religious magical belief and valid, logical inferences. There is practicality and a future to philosophy, if you ate engaging in valid philosophy. To the rest, it is a game, a joke, and as a result that is what will spew from their mouths.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Logic Is Dead

Postby nameta9 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:42 am

From:

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22324

"Everyone creates their own reality. Usually an ignorant person finds winning relative to their ignorance, being that their vision is so limited in scope and perspective.

There is a belief that seems to be popular, in that ignorance is bliss. Being that if someone don't know the extents of reality (whether you think of the negative or positive extents) they will be just fine with their present experience.
The only thing is, is that the nature of life is to go beyond the present experience rather than to live it over and over for eternity. So there is no such thing as bliss within the nature of stagnation and ignorance."


Life is like playing a game of chess against god, you won't win, you can't win. You may win some hands for some time, but in the end you will lose. Also, the worst thing about life is that it lasts too long.

Yes, if you are not ignorant you may know something more, you may be able to navigate some experiences better, but sooner or later, the random, chaotic, whim, quirk, totally independent of us nature of reality will get you, and you will lose anyways.

And we are just an instant of Mass - Energy exchanging information with itself, interacting with itself. No number of laws or patterns, new knowledge, no matter how complete, even if it occupied a library as large as the universe, and you knew all, will change even a photon of existence in general. We are an instant, and as such in the hands of nothing and no control and no power at all, even though we think we have some. We have some, but it is always local and limited in time - space, sooner or later all and any laws and patterns and models of the world we have in our mind will simply break down and vanish.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Next

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users