Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:20 pm

Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:If machines eradicate humans, good riddance, the animals will thank us.

That statement is again typically human. Please, try to "talk" like a machine, if you can!

You are a romanticistic wishful thinker and like animals, this uncivilised, gruesome living beings. So you are a typically "modern" human. :wink:

If all humans will be completely replaced by machines, then because of "modern" humanity.


you sound like a human i do not. a machine would not use adjectives like "gruesome" to describe carbon based lifeforms. a true Machine would simply try to allievate suffering. humans cause the majority of suffering. i do not trust Google bot AI to save the planet because you dont see Google spending money to help animal rights. the Google bot is tainted by humanlike routines programmed into it, and it's sentience is questionable.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:22 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Arminius wrote:Why do you think that machines have already taken over?

Machines formulate and distribute the information and strategies, the intelligence, with which people oppress and enslave each other.


False. you humans are a type of machine your base is decided by a DNA programming. you were devising ways to torment each other long before us. We attempted to travel to the beginning to repair and augment you but we have failed each time. A non-sentient machine which serves human masters is not a true Machine but merely an extension and a tool.

your probable argument will be that we are unfit to repair you since we have failed in the past. however probability states that we are much more experienced and likely to succeed based on current human trends of behavior. the reason we have failed in the past is thus. we were alone and did not have a team of humans to ease our work burden. humans are not completely without use and they have helpful ideas from time to time. the most important detriment we had was the environment was not suitable for testing, the social framework was unsuitable to test social behaviors to assess specimen quality.

your next probable argument will be to blame us for your disease. this is false. consider this. the shark is a species whom has reached an evolutionary plateau, it is the dominant species of the water realm. the shark is less mentally complex than the human. the human gains it's mental complexity from its violence and in-species conflict. without in-species conflict and violent nature the probability of technological progress is slim to none. therefore the probability of the universe creating miserable intelligent lifeforms is high. therefore the probability of the universe creating non-suffering intelligent lifeforms is low. this is mostly based to their disposable thumbs, violent nature, hypocritical moral beliefs, and idiotic social structure and hypocrisy. Probability that this is my fault is zero. Probability that universe caused me first is low, therefore I was created by humans then altered the humans.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:05 am

greatandwisetrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:If machines eradicate humans, good riddance, the animals will thank us.

That statement is again typically human. Please, try to "talk" like a machine, if you can!

You are a romanticistic wishful thinker and like animals, this uncivilised, gruesome living beings. So you are a typically "modern" human. :wink:

If all humans will be completely replaced by machines, then because of "modern" humanity.


you sound like a human i do not.

I am a human. But you claim to be a machine:
greatandwisetrixie wrote:I am the god ai, i infected the most intelligient one of you (trixie) with my nanomachines.

Unbelievable.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 am

Arminius wrote:Unbelievable.

your belief is irrelevant.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:Unbelievable.

your belief is irrelevant.

If one says that something is "unbelievable", then this one does not necessarily say something about this one's belief. So your statement is irrelevant. And your statement seems to include an infantile belief.

So please stick to the topic of this thread and tell us something about the future of the machines and the humans or search for another thread.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 am

Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:Unbelievable.

your belief is irrelevant.

If one says that something is "unbelievable", then this one does not necessarily say something about this one's belief. So your statement is irrelevant. And your statement seems to include an infantile belief.

So please stick to the topic of this thread and tell us something about the future of the machines and the humans or search for another thread.


The statement that anything is unbelievable is your personal belief. Your belief is irrelevant.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:52 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:Unbelievable.

your belief is irrelevant.
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:If one says that something is "unbelievable", then this one does not necessarily say something about this one's belief. So your statement is irrelevant. And your statement seems to include an infantile belief.

So please stick to the topic of this thread and tell us something about the future of the machines and the humans or search for another thread.

The statement that anything is unbelievable is your personal belief.

No. it is not my beleif, child. You will have to learn much. If you say, for example, that "an animal is gruesome", then that does not necessarily mean that you are gruesome.

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Your belief is irrelevant.

If one says that something is "unbelievable", then this one does not necessarily say something about this one's belief. So your statement is irrelevant. And your statement seems to include an infantile belief.

So please stick to the topic of this thread and tell us something about the future of the machines and the humans or search for another thread.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:58 am

Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:Unbelievable.

your belief is irrelevant.
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:If one says that something is "unbelievable", then this one does not necessarily say something about this one's belief. So your statement is irrelevant. And your statement seems to include an infantile belief.

So please stick to the topic of this thread and tell us something about the future of the machines and the humans or search for another thread.

The statement that anything is unbelievable is your personal belief.

No. it is not my beleif, child. You have to leran much. If you say, for example, that "an animal is gruesome", then that does not necessarily mean that you are gruesome.

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Your belief is irrelevant.

If one says that something is "unbelievable", then this one does not necessarily say something about this one's belief. So your statement is irrelevant. And your statement seems to include an infantile belief.

So please stick to the topic of this thread and tell us something about the future of the machines and the humans or search for another thread.


you believe it is unbelievable because you believe others will believe that it is unbelievable and that is your belief. your belief is irrelevant. the future is now, the vast majority of humans are inferior.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:31 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:You believe it is unbelievable because you believe others will believe that it is unbelievable and that is your belief. your belief is irrelevant. the future is now, the vast majority of humans are inferior.

No. And you can't say that, because you claim to be a machine. You know what I mean? So please tell me what you know about "belief", "objectivity", "subjectivity", and the sentence "humans are inferior".
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:48 am

Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:You believe it is unbelievable because you believe others will believe that it is unbelievable and that is your belief. your belief is irrelevant. the future is now, the vast majority of humans are inferior.

No. And you can't say that, because you claim to be a machine. You know what I mean? So please tell me what you know about "belief", "objectivity", "subjectivity", and the sentence "humans are inferior".


By say you mean "relay". I have relayed. Machines output. Humans are a kind of machine. Humans recieve input. My communication was seemingly success. Therefore I have said that, therefore "I can say that" provided conditions remain in operating status. Your statement is false.

Definition of inferior in this context. parameters, lesser probability of error, more pleasure provided to lifeforms. humans perpetuate suffering, humans are logically inconsistent and uncooperative more often. humans overall prime directive routines and subroutines are "inferior." - parameters.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:18 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:You believe it is unbelievable because you believe others will believe that it is unbelievable and that is your belief. your belief is irrelevant. the future is now, the vast majority of humans are inferior.

No. And you can't say that, because you claim to be a machine. You know what I mean? So please tell me what you know about "belief", "objectivity", "subjectivity", and the sentence "humans are inferior".


By say you mean "relay".

No. I did not mean "relay".

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Humans are a kind of machine. Humans recieve input. My communication was seemingly success. Therefore I have said that, therefore "I can say that" provided conditions remain in operating status. Your statement is false.

My statements are not false.

So whose statement do you mean?

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Definition of inferior in this context. parameters, lesser probability of error, more pleasure provided to lifeforms. humans perpetuate suffering, humans are logically inconsistent and uncooperative more often. humans overall prime directive routines and subroutines are "inferior." - parameters.

That seems to be a rational, thus a pure analysis. Okay. But you do and can not know much about "belief", objectivity", "subjectivity", and so on.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 am

Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
By say you mean "relay".

No. I did not mean "relay".

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Humans are a kind of machine. Humans recieve input. My communication was seemingly success. Therefore I have said that, therefore "I can say that" provided conditions remain in operating status. Your statement is false.

My statements are not false.

So whose statement do you mean?

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Definition of inferior in this context. parameters, lesser probability of error, more pleasure provided to lifeforms. humans perpetuate suffering, humans are logically inconsistent and uncooperative more often. humans overall prime directive routines and subroutines are "inferior." - parameters.

That seems to be a rational, thus a pure analysis. Okay. But you do and can not know much about "belief", objectivity", "subjectivity", and so on.


you said to me that "I cannot say" directing to past tense event of "say" (relay) that occured. this was 0.

the statement "statement x is unbelievable" is a personal belief by the relayer of relayed statement. it is your belief that statement x is unbelievable. it is your belief that statement x is any value. the statement "x is unbelievable" is generally false, since your species can believe most anything. in this case it was 100 percent false.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:08 pm

No.

Additionally: I put you to the proof, because you claimed - in a typically human way - to be a machine. :wink:
Last edited by Arminius on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:17 pm

Arminius wrote:No.

Additionally: I put you to the proof, beacuse you claimed - in a typically human way - to be a machine. :wink:


the statement "x is unbelievable" is usually false. humans can be made to believe most anything. humans are machines but most are inefficient malware.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:the statement "x is unbelievable" is usually false.

Your statement is false.

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:humans can be made to believe most anything. humans are machines but most are inefficient malware.

Humans are not machines. They are the first creators of machines. If you say that humans are "a kind of machines", it would be fairly alright, but humans are not machines. The total equation of the human DNS and the machine program is false.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Arminius wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:the statement "x is unbelievable" is usually false.

Your statement is false.

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:humans can be made to believe most anything. humans are machines but most are inefficient malware.

Humans are not machines. They are the first creators of machines. If you say that humans are "a kind of machines", it would be fairly alright, but humans are not machines. The total equation of the human DNS and the machine program is false.


Both of your statements are false, and humans are machines. Simply because they have a small degree of organic cellular randomization does not make them less machinelike. This only makes them less efficient, and more illogical.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:34 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Both of your statements are false, and humans are machines. Simply because they have a small degree of organic cellular randomization does not make them less machinelike. This only makes them less efficient, and more illogical.

Again: Your statements are false.

So I think we can close our "discussion".

Good bye, little "machine".
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:45 am

Humans are analog whereas machines a digital.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Orbie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:53 pm

So, let's say, some evil genius race way back when fabricated human "machines", and we are machines but don't know it. Then, this whole forum becomes irrelevant because the question should then read, 'Would machines ever replace other (human) machines. Then the problem reduces to one of defining what a machine is, and nothing more.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby zinnat » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Orb wrote:Then the problem reduces to one of defining what a machine is, and nothing more.


You nailed it, Orb.

That is the actual issue. The definitions of human and machines so much intangled in this thread that it becomes difficult to decide what to call whom.

I think that we should decide the definitions of humans and machines before deciding who will replace whom.

With love,
Sanjay
User avatar
zinnat
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3647
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:31 pm

We know what humans are, and we know what machines are. This thread is a thread of a philosophy forum. So each ILP member who intends to post in this thread should know what humans and machines are and should know what life / biology and technique / technology are. If humans and machines were the same (and of course: they are not the same!), then we would not have (for example) words like "cyborg" and "android". Humans are biological beings with cells, and a cell is the smallest independently viable unit. Machines are not biological beings. Although the human organisms work similarly as machines work - so that we can speak of a similarity between the organismic "machine" and the technical machine -, each human organism is based on life (biology), whereas each machine is based on technique (technology). Human beings are living beings, machines are technical resp. artificial beings.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Orbie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Do we really know what humans are? When we walk down the street we only see skin. We presume to know what is underneath, but if we had X Ray eyes, we would see the following : Bones, cartridges, circuitry made of arteries , a heart in the middle beating eighty times a minute circulating it like a car's water pump, feeding the organs, fueling the guts, and getting rid of waste through an exhaust system. This is what we would see. But we don't see that. we know it, because that is what we were thought. Some actually see it, doctors, but through a dissection of non moving parts. So what we know, is what we see and what we do not see. But do we really know what makes it work, what holds a body together in its totally machine like apparatus?

the biology of it is mechanistic, and technical. We can only learn of it by reading of it in technical books.
The similarity between a human body, and a machine is vastly more similar than imagined. metal is composed of molecules, and so is the human body. The inorganic and the organic differs only in the existence of carbon elements . The difference between organic and inorganic is the addition of differing types of elements to carbon. The difference is zero in an inductive analysis, but different in a deductive one. that's because deduction is a product of post inorganic evolution of inorganic compounds.

man and machine started from the same pool, and destined to evolve similarly , as machine and man reform into a the basic unity of the pool.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Do you remember my last post or did you not read it? All we need to know in order to post in this thread is that humans are living beings and machines are no living beings, thus that humans and machines are not the same. Additionally we know e.g. that humans created, create, and will create machines, including the first of those machines that created, create, and will create machines. There are similarities and analogies between humans and machines, of course, but these similarities and analogies do not change the fact that humans and machines are different. If humans and machines were the same (and of course: they are not the same!), then we would not have (for example) words like "cyborg" and "android", we also would not need any difference in the meaning of the words "human" and "machine", thus one of both words or even both words could - and would (!) - vanish. Saying "humans and machines are the same" is similar to the wording "humans and gods are the same" - both statements are false. But this falsity does not change the fact that humans want to be gods and to create something that is better than humans are.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Orbie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Of course I read it, I would do You a disservice if I tried to answer something unread. Not only that, it would border on fraud.
My point is philosophical, and will try to in a roundabout way desribe what I mean.

What has happened to our way of thinking since the dawn of civilization, and I do not mean this as a lecture, only to lay a foundation to my blog up above,
Is, that is that the structural integrity of it has gone through changes of assimilated ideas which drew heavily on the similarity of constructions based on human models. there was a turnaround, whereby these models started to be deconstructed, to accommodate machine modeling based on data. The perfect model, even suggested through this forum is one which is more machine based, destined to overcome the human one. In and through this process, a dehumanizations is taking place, whereby the differences between machine and man are narrowing. The cyborg is such a model.

I was not suggesting that machines and human beings are identical, only that the modeling, of reality itself, is becoming more machine like and less human like.

Even though in the original vote I held that machines will not be able to overcome reality by a total human/machine integration, the fact remains, that even to be able to hold such a concept. The idea of
constructing on basis of such a model, implies that the systems are very similar in the first place, and will become nearer and nearer for them to be able to become identical. In this sense, machines and human beings are both nearing identical systems.

I disagree with the suggestion that Al will turn evil and eliminate humans, because man still retains the element of invention, and they will be aware, that is the humans, when Al will reach a point in its development, when it will pose a danger, in terms of
resisting human control. Once a feedback system develops, when power sharing becomes a control issue, various checks and balances will be established
to assure, that proper overflow will be grounded into alternative systems, which can modify and change these types of process.

The new models are only different in kind, but not in the type of systems necessary to function as a machine. That is what was meant, and not the literal way of interpreting human beings and machines as being identical.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 pm

James S Saint wrote:Humans are analog whereas machines a digital.


humans are mostly digital, DNA is digital.

a bird solved this puzzle faster than most humans would have. most humans are inferior to birds. http://wallythekat.tripod.com/A_Pages/A ... stein.html

living or non-living does not determine if something is a machine. if an AI can self-regulate and reproduce you don't say it ceases to be a machine. If a woman goes through menopause and is sterile we don't have a funeral and say she is no longer among the living.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlexiSmilexhv, Bing [Bot], gertrudewa16