Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 am

Moreno wrote:Actually I do not think they will replace humans. I can understand why I ended up where I did on the balance sheet, however. It seems to me the modern atheist basing his or her beliefs on science looking out at what is happening should draw the conclusion that humans will be replaced by machines, or at least, there is a very good chance they will be. It is a logical extension of what is already happening and how the technocrats/corporations view us and the nature of the world/universe. I can't see an objection from that camp and I cannot see a force to oppose the replacement that they would consider real. So in a sense I was trying to highlight this and this may have seemed like identification with the belief it will happen.

You want to keep out of the evaluation, right?

|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|__________________|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|____ Moreno ____|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 2 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 4 ______|

Do you like it this way?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:30 pm

James S Saint wrote:.
Transhumanism ....


James, what do you think about that?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Arminius wrote:James, what do you think about that?

???
What do you mean?

I think those are what we have been talking about for 10 pages.


Arminius wrote:|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|__________________|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|____ Moreno ____|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 2 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 4 ______|

And that reflects Normalcy Bias. Normalcy bias is the result of the mind wanting for (hoping for) normalcy and thus willing to interpret things to favor normalcy until it is directly confronted.
Last edited by James S Saint on Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Moreno » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Arminius wrote:
Moreno wrote:Actually I do not think they will replace humans. I can understand why I ended up where I did on the balance sheet, however. It seems to me the modern atheist basing his or her beliefs on science looking out at what is happening should draw the conclusion that humans will be replaced by machines, or at least, there is a very good chance they will be. It is a logical extension of what is already happening and how the technocrats/corporations view us and the nature of the world/universe. I can't see an objection from that camp and I cannot see a force to oppose the replacement that they would consider real. So in a sense I was trying to highlight this and this may have seemed like identification with the belief it will happen.

You want to keep out of the evaluation, right?

|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|__________________|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|____ Moreno ____|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 2 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 4 ______|

Do you like it this way?
I would say that I belong in the middle column, though I probably agree most with what you and James are saying. That may seem strange, but that's the way it is. I see what those with Power want to do, I just Think in the end they actually do not know what is going on, even if they know more than the average person whose energy they are sucking on.
User avatar
Moreno
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Kriswest » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 pm

When you walk naked into a dark long unkown alley, all you have is possible knowledge and bravado to get you through it. Science and its possibilities are such an alley and the best are fairly naked.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 am

James S Saint wrote:
Arminius wrote:James, what do you think about that?

???
What do you mean?

I think those are what we have been talking about for 10 pages.

That's right ( :lol: ), but I mean the 105-minutes-film and especially its content ( :D ), what it is talking about ( :) ). Interesting is that there - in the second part - is for example "pantheism" mentioned.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:09 am

Arminius wrote:Interesting is that there - in the second part - is for example "pantheism" mentioned.

I think the first half helps to enlighten those who think that Man's lust and ability to create a competing species is mere fantasy. The second part involves religious notions and it gets hard for me to listen much to technology people trying to seriously discuss such things. Religion involves things that techy nerds have no knowledge of whatsoever. But then the same could be said about religious people. Generally if you can't hold something in your hand, even the most elite don't really grasp it (pun intended 8)) .

Moreno wrote:I would say that I belong in the middle column, though I probably agree most with what you and James are saying. That may seem strange, but that's the way it is. I see what those with Power want to do, I just Think in the end they actually do not know what is going on, even if they know more than the average person whose energy they are sucking on.

Actually, I think that puts you back into the first list. What I am saying (and I think Arminius as well), is that the leaders are using psychology to trick the population into accepting something that is tricking the leaders into trickery and eventually into even their own extinction. I am not saying that the leaders are intentionally sacrificing themselves, although as insane as they are, that is always possible too.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:12 am

Moreno wrote:
Arminius wrote:
Moreno wrote:Actually I do not think they will replace humans. I can understand why I ended up where I did on the balance sheet, however. It seems to me the modern atheist basing his or her beliefs on science looking out at what is happening should draw the conclusion that humans will be replaced by machines, or at least, there is a very good chance they will be. It is a logical extension of what is already happening and how the technocrats/corporations view us and the nature of the world/universe. I can't see an objection from that camp and I cannot see a force to oppose the replacement that they would consider real. So in a sense I was trying to highlight this and this may have seemed like identification with the belief it will happen.

You want to keep out of the evaluation, right?

|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|__________________|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|____ Moreno ____|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 2 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 4 ______|

Do you like it this way?
I would say that I belong in the middle column, though I probably agree most with what you and James are saying. That may seem strange, but that's the way it is.

So you are saying that you "probably agree most with what" I "and James are saying" and nevertheless that you do not agree with what I and James are saying because you are saying that you "belong in the middle column". That is a contradiction (e.g. "it's raining and it's not raining"). :-k

Moreno wrote:I see what those with Power want to do, I just Think in the end they actually do not know what is going on, even if they know more than the average person whose energy they are sucking on.

That is approximately what I have been saying since the 1990s.

So there can not be a great difference between your statement and my statement.

:-k

Or do you want to "belong in the middle column" because you love the people of the middle column more than the people of the left and right column? :lol:
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:26 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Arminius wrote:Interesting is that there - in the second part - is for example "pantheism" mentioned.

I think the first half helps to enlighten those who think that Man's lust and ability to create a competing species is mere fantasy. The second part involves religious notions and it gets hard for me to listen much to technology people trying to seriously discuss such things. Religion involves things that techy nerds have no knowledge of whatsoever. But then the same could be said about religious people. Generally if you can't hold something in your hand, even the most elite don't really grasp it (pun intended 8)) .

The second part is at least the more meaningful part because there is a lot of apology, exculpation, thus much rhetoric in it.

James S Saint wrote:
Moreno wrote:I would say that I belong in the middle column, though I probably agree most with what you and James are saying. That may seem strange, but that's the way it is. I see what those with Power want to do, I just Think in the end they actually do not know what is going on, even if they know more than the average person whose energy they are sucking on.

Actually, I think that puts you back into the first list. What I am saying (and I think Arminius as well), is that the leaders are using psychology to trick the population into accepting something that is tricking the leaders into trickery and eventually into even their own extinction. I am not saying that the leaders are intentionally sacrificing themselves, although as insane as they are, that is always possible too.

Agreement - generally speaking.

So Moreno is put back:

|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|_____ Moreno ______|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|________________|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 3 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 3 ______|

Excuse me, Moreno.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby zinnat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 pm

James S Saint wrote:And that reflects Normalcy Bias. Normalcy bias is the result of the mind wanting for (hoping for) normalcy and thus willing to interpret things to favor normalcy until it is directly confronted.


James,

I cannot say on the behalf of others but at least i am not affected by narmalcy bias.
That is not my reason to dismiss AI.

Let me try it once more in a different way.

My opposition to AI is based on a very simple premise - Consciousness creates complexity.
While you are suggesting - Complexity creates consciousness.
That is the real difference.

May i ask you a simple question?
Did you ever notice why all robots are created just similar to humans?
Is there any logical necessaity for a robot to give such a shape?

That is done purly for the reason to fool people.

Secondly, if only adding more and more information is the only requirement of the AI, they would have not done that in the form of something like Asimo. There may be better alternatives.

Think of the severs of Wikipedia, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, Gmail, MSN and all other likewise companies. And, add govt classified organizations like Nasa, Nato and many unknown others also to it. I do not think that a normal person like me cannot even imagine how much information is stored there within the grasp of US govenment as 70% of the servers of the world are located in US, besides its own.

James, that is the right place to try for AI. All they have to do it to synchronize all that information and put it systematically in a big super computer and connect it with internet as to get the latest feed. In that way, that single entity would come close to having almost whole of the information that the humankind has been earned so for. Then, they have to watch it or connect it with something like Asimo to see how it performs.

If there is any possbility of AI, that is only way to do it, not something like a tiny human shape robot.
Though, i do not have any means to know, but i am sure that they would have done with something like that i proposed but failed.

James,
To develop AI or AW, any entity must have its own feeling senses, not infused ones. Then, everything can be built upon it.
But, AI suggests that let us first have information, Intelligence would come later by default.

You can give information to machines, not the sense to feel it at the different levels. The all that a robot understands or feel in real sense, is nothing but merely 0 and 1. To be more precise, computers do not understand even 0 and 1, but this or that, this this, that that, this that, this that. That is their actual understanding. They do not understand the induction or multipication of this and that in real sense.

Let us imagine that a film is playing on TV and a human is watching it and he is getting emotionally infuenced by it.
Now, if you put some anlyzing type of machine before it, it will tell you all about the techncical detalis of the radiation that is omitting from the screen. And, even having more detailed and precise detail of the subjuct, machine is going to miss the actual message of the trasmission, simply becasue it has to deduct the film to its level of understanding in the first place, before analyze, and that is again 0 and 1.

The real change is required at initial level, not the top.

Let me put it in a different way.
Think of electomagnetic radiation. As we all know that it operates in differnt bands. Some portion of it can be traced by our eyes and that is called as light by us. But, some artificial bands of the same radiation can be traced by our ears as a sound. So, technically, there is no difference between light and sound but still we need different organs to comprehend those. Why?

That is point i want to make.
The more levels of comprehension an entity would have, the more it would evolve. Complexity comes later by default.You may consider it a religious argument if you want, but the fact of the matter it that no physical matter can ever create feelings, and that is essential both for AW and AI.

And, it is not my assumption. I know that.

with love,
sanjay
User avatar
zinnat
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3647
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 pm

zinnat13 wrote:And, it is not my assumption. I know that.

That is your belief. I believe that you do not "know it".

1) Zinnat, what do you believe is required for AI to be intelligent?
2) Do you understand the difference between consciousness and "sensing"?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Moreno » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:31 am

Arminius wrote:So you are saying that you "probably agree most with what" I "and James are saying" and nevertheless that you do not agree with what I and James are saying because you are saying that you "belong in the middle column". That is a contradiction (e.g. "it's raining and it's not raining"). :-k
I agree that that is what 'they' want to do. I agree (though I might see it as more on the Surface) these people have the Power or have had it and the sway to move things in that direction. I agree further because it is a natural extension of modern atheistic reasonism/science groupieism/ technoaddiction and the way people conceive of themselves - most people - and their hubris and confusion in self-relation. So within that paradigm, as I tried to say, there is no reason to Believe it will not happen. It should happen. Unless you Believe in something significant not currently verfied by science, then you should conclude that it will happen. There needs to be some kind of 'force' or factor to counter where things are going. As it happens I do Believe in things not currently accepted as verified - some not remotely - by current science. These factor in on this issue, and obviously others, and lead me to Believe it will not happen.

I agree with you and James - though I have only read his in a browsing way where it is quoted in other people's posts - within the modern reasonist scientism shaped conception of reality way of looking at things. It makes sense within that. But I am not within that. Neither is James, but we likely have different beliefs about what is both true and not accepted by mainstream science.

That is approximately what I have been saying since the 1990s.
Right, and that is part of the 'most' I agreed with. Another way of putting it is unless those who disagree with you have some extra-curricular beliefs, I Think their belief is based on faith.

So there can not be a great difference between your statement and my statement.
Sure, that statement may very well be perfectly in line with what you Believe. But what has been happening need not continue.

Or do you want to "belong in the middle column" because you love the people of the middle column more than the people of the left and right column?
LOL, nah. Think of it as my thinking I have reached my conclusion via a sound argument and this conclusion is the same as the conclusion reached by those who I do not Think have a sound argument - given their paradigmns. Don't take that too literally, but the idea being that we Three would likely make a larger set of similar assertions about what is and what is going on. So I see much of what you both see happening out there. And that is where I end up being able to say I agree most with you guys - a lot of the observations about what is happening what it would lead to and so on.
I disagree with the conclusion however.

I really can deal with the social terror of being in any column and being associated with anybody's beliefs in a table.

That, however, is not so easy to demonstrate. But in any case I should be in the middle.
User avatar
Moreno
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby zinnat » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:06 pm

James S Saint wrote:That is your belief. I believe that you do not "know it".


No James, believe me or not, i really know it.
And, i would have explained about my knowing, had would be able to interact with you in person, instead of on a public forum.

James S Saint wrote:1) Zinnat, what do you believe is required for AI to be intelligent?


The existence of an a priori feeling/sensing entity, before infusing information, which can evaluate and evolve on its own, at different levels, instead of one.

James S Saint wrote: Do you understand the difference between consciousness and "sensing"?


Well, that depends how one defines these things.

According to my definition, consciousness is an independent and complete entity, while sensing is its default job/character.
Consciousness is different and independent from will, mind and body.

Sensing is slightly different from mere detection or recognition. It entalis feelings/emotions, besides physical effect.

Like, in the case of any injury, it is not only body that gets affected, but that effect influnces the cosciousness also, going through the brain and mind.

with love,
sanjay
User avatar
zinnat
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3647
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby nano-bug » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:38 pm

If evolution holds true, or that the rate of change stays constant, it does seem likely all will be replaced. No amount of logic can determine if that will be good or bad. Robots could replace people, then solar flares from the sun short everything electric. After that, humans could reappear. Again hard to know when results are final results, or how to qualify them. If humans are worse than robots, we are still biased to think our legacy simply must persist forever into the future. Humans claim logic, but irrational emotion dominates our thoughts and actions. The pure logic that we claim makes us superior to other animals is better found in computer programs. In that sense, it would be an honor to be replaced.
Highly adaptable. Yes. Wait! What? Yes. He, herself, is a head fuck. Well, will you look at this little train of thought?
User avatar
nano-bug
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:35 pm
Location: The Virtuplex

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby gib » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:21 pm

This thread inspired this other one:

Reforming Democracy
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

In fact, the idea that there's more differences between groups than there is between individuals is actually the fundamental racist idea.
- Jordan Peterson

Here's a good rule of thumb for politics--attribute everything to stupidity unless you can prove malice.
- Ben Shapiro

right outta high school i tried to get a job as a proctologist but i couldn't find an opening.
- promethean75

Ahh... gib, zombie universes are so last year! I’m doing hyper dimensional mirror realities now.
- Ecmandu
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9035
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:29 pm

nano-bug wrote:If evolution holds true, or that the rate of change stays constant, it does seem likely all will be replaced. No amount of logic can determine if that will be good or bad. Robots could replace people, then solar flares from the sun short everything electric. After that, humans could reappear. Again hard to know when results are final results, or how to qualify them. If humans are worse than robots, we are still biased to think our legacy simply must persist forever into the future. Humans claim logic, but irrational emotion dominates our thoughts and actions. The pure logic that we claim makes us superior to other animals is better found in computer programs. In that sense, it would be an honor to be replaced.

In that sense, it would be an honor to be replaced?

Then please answer my question directly:

Will machines completely replace all human beings?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 pm

gib wrote:This thread inspired this other one:

Reforming Democracy

No. First of all this thread inspired this other one:

Thinking about the END OF HISTORY. :D

Besides:

Democracy has been being reformed since its beginning. It has already become abnormal. This abnormal democracy is called "ochlocracy" (Aristoteles). And currently this "ochlocracy" has already reached a stage which tends to monarchy.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:37 pm

 
If humans will be replaced by machines, who will judge the responsible one(s)?

How can God or how can the humans allow that humans will be eliminated?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:20 am

In what sense could a machine replace a human being?

It might be the wording of the question, but if you just want to ask "will machines succeed human beings?" -- that's a different question to me, and more easily tackled.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:29 am

fuse wrote:In what sense could a machine replace a human being?

The obvious cases are those advertised; machines, androids, going into dangerous places, lifting heavy things, calculating for you, envisioning for you, pacing you, and replacing other people for you. But note that it is always merely replace Other people, most notably those who serve in some way - everybody.

fuse wrote:It might be the wording of the question, but if you just want to ask "will machines succeed human beings?" -- that's a different question to me, and more easily tackled.

I see it as the same question?
What distinction are you making?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:50 am

James S Saint wrote:
fuse wrote:In what sense could a machine replace a human being?

The obvious cases are those advertised; machines, androids, going into dangerous places, lifting heavy things, calculating for you, envisioning for you, pacing you, and replacing other people for you. But note that it is always merely replace Other people, most notably those who serve in some way - everybody.

fuse wrote:It might be the wording of the question, but if you just want to ask "will machines succeed human beings?" -- that's a different question to me, and more easily tackled.

I see it as the same question?
What distinction are you making?


I mean, machines replace people in the field (any field) but only so far as they are performing a task with a given set of parameters. I know we're pretty dependent on machines, but in what way do machines carry on when we're gone? They don't seem to be much without us. If every human stopped living today, what would happen to all the current machinery? How long before it would "run out of batteries" and simply stop working? And during the time they still had power, what would machines accomplish in their present states without their users?

They way I see it, machines may very well succeed us, but their future looks pretty trivial to me if you're going by the current state of technology. I know I'm not privy to all the tech advancement in today's world, but I don't think there is any AI that could spawn it's own civilization or develop into a black hole as per your proposition on the first page of the thread. Perhaps that shows my ignorance, and if so I'm happy to be linked to said technology.

Also, we may die by natural or man-made disaster sooner than such supposed machines take over the world, so there is a lot of room for a future in which machines never even get the chance to "have their day."
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:55 am

Besides: Fuse has already given an answer (by trend):

Arminius wrote:
|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|_____ Moreno ______|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|________________|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 3 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 3 ______|

=> #

So, Fuse, you don't think (by trend) that all humans will be completely replaced by machines.
Last edited by Arminius on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:01 am

Arminius wrote:Besides: Fuse has already given an answer (by trend):

Arminius wrote:
|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|_____ Moreno ______|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|________________|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 3 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 3 ______|

=> #

So, Fuse, you don't think (by trend) that humans will be replaced by machines.

Replaced in what way? Human beings are being replaced by machines for many tasks. Machines may even succeed us. That's not saying much, though, as I explained above.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 am

fuse wrote:
Arminius wrote:Besides: Fuse has already given an answer (by trend):

Arminius wrote:
|_______Will machines completely replace all human beings?______|
|___|___ Yes (by trend) ___|___ No (by trend) ___|___ Abstention ___|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|___|_____ Arminius _____|_______ Dan ________|_____ Obe ______|
|___|__ James S. Saint ___|___ Mr. Reasonable __|__ Lev Muishkin __|
|___|_____ Moreno ______|_______ Fuse _______|____ Kriswest ____|
|___|__________________|_____ Esperanto _____|________________|
|___|__________________|____ Only Humean ___|________________|
|___|__________________|_______ Gib ________|________________|
|___|__________________|______Uccisore ______|________________|
|___|__________________|__ Zinnat (Sanjay) ___|________________|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sum:|_______ 3 ________|_________ 8 ________|_______ 3 ______|

=> #

So, Fuse, you don't think (by trend) that humans will be replaced by machines.

Replaced in what way? Human beings are being replaced by machines for many tasks. Machines may even succeed us. That's not saying much, though, as I explained above.

You merely have to read the question! Please read it one more time!
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:20 am

Arminius,

I'm sorry I don't know what you're asking.

If machines are cheaper than human beeings, then machines replace human beings.

I disagree.

But will all human beings completely replaced by machines? All human beings? All? And completely replaced? Completely? By machines? Machines?

Who knows? Perhaps if you tailored your question I could answer it.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users