Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby phyllo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm happy that have found a confident and unafraid Arminius to talk with. May he give you much credit in the future.

Ciou,
8)
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12112
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 pm

phyllo wrote:I'm happy that have found a confident and unafraid Arminius to talk with. May he give you much credit in the future.

Ciou,
8)

Yeah, always latching onto someone else. Until you find actual confidence in yourself, you will have no value to anyone.
And don't think it will be long before Arminius tells you to go away (again).
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby phyllo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Sorry, that was a hilarious typo. LOL
Should have read:
I'm happy that you have found a confident and unafraid Arminius to talk with.

I'm not even talking to Arminius any more. ROFL
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12112
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Ever heard the phrase, "Freudian slip"? :wink:


Actually I already figured that you really meant something different. I wasn't sure what, but what you said didn't fit your PROFILE at all (I hate profilers, btw).

And I'm not putting stock in Arminius agreeing or being confident enough for my taste. As you SHOULD know by now, I don't accept anything but absolute certainty backup by reasoning. Of course you DON'T know that, but let's not continue as to why.

The greater point is as Arminius pointed out;

YOU and LEV AREN'T INTERESTED in this topic so why bother with derailing it?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby phyllo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Ever heard the phrase, "Freudian slip"? :wink:
I thought of that but since I had already said that I was done with him... it seems an unlikely explanation.
YOU and LEV AREN'T INTERESTED in this topic so why bother with derailing it?
I asked for the evidence which supports an assertion that he made in this thread. That's not derailing.

Then he got all presumptuous and defensive and derailed his own thread.

Over to you OP.

Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Action!
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12112
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:51 pm

phyllo wrote:I don't take the thread seriously at all.
Arminius wrote:Why are you writing in this thread? You don't like this thread. So why should I "respond to your query".
phyllo wrote:Okay, I understand. For you, it's all about the poster and not the posts.

No. Because it's all about this thread, this topic, this title of the thread and the OP. It is NOT about the poster. See here your post again:

phyllo wrote:I don't take the thread seriously at all.
phyllo wrote:I won't bother interacting with you again.

It's all about this thread, and you don't like this thread, you "don't take the thread seriously at all" (see above). So again: Why are you writing in this thread?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:17 pm

phyllo wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Phyllo is one of our better "Zero credit snipers". He just pops in to quickly tell you that you are wrong about something (throw a stone) then darts back into the shadows, never giving credit when you are right about anything (that would require courage).
You complain that I come in and leave. He complains that I'm not leaving.

No. You copmplain that we complain, thus: for you it's all about the poster and not the posts, not the thread, and not the topic of this thread and its OP.

You don't have to leave, but I wonder, why you are writing in this thread, although you are saying that you don't like this thread, don't take the thread seriously at all:

phyllo wrote:I don't take the thread seriously at all.

The thread! So why are you writing in this thread?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:18 am

monad wrote:
Arminius wrote:
monad wrote:This thread no-longer holds any interest for me.

And why are you still writing here in this thread?

Do you know Phyllo? He has also no interest in this thread, although he is writing more and more in this thread.

Why don't you both search for another thread?

Do you know what "pharisee" means?

monad wrote:Re IQ ....

I am positive on IQ testing. It is partly right that there are some flaws in the method, but the statement that intelligence is not measurable at all is wrong. The correct measurement of intelligence depends very much on the statistics and on the long-term measurement.

B.t.w.: Your "sources" are full of egalitarian(istic) rhetoric.

You and Phyllo are against the IQ because you are following the communistic mainstream. That's dangerous.

IN US (the new USSR) and EU (EUSSR) "communism" and "socialism" are alraedy installed:

Image Image

Please search for another thread, because you both are saying that you are not interested in this thread, whilst you are writing more an more in this thread!


This is SO Stupid, so desperate (B.t.w.: Your "sources" are full of egalitarian(istic) rhetoric.) that IF you are German, I feel personally disgraced.

???

I think I have hit the nail on the head! Bingo!

And b.t.w.: Thank you very much for advertising my posts. =D>

And IF you are really no egalitarian(istic) exploiter, then please excuse me and help me to stop the egalitarianism!

All equal means all exploited, thus all poor, all stupid, all decadent.

You are "saying": "This thread no-longer holds any interest for me" (see above). :-k

Why are you writing in this thread then? Do you know that? :oops:

Freudian greetings.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby monad » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:34 am

Arminius wrote:
I think I have hit the nail on the head! Bingo!


You have indeed! Please accept my advice when I say you would certainly be more intelligent if you didn't do it so often!

Now...which is not a response to you in any way but merely an article overlapping with the title of YOUR thread which OTHERS may find interesting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/computer-passed-the-turing-test-2014-6
monad
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:26 am

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:45 am

monad wrote:
Arminius wrote:
I think I have hit the nail on the head! Bingo!


You have indeed! Please accept my advice when I say you would certainly be more intelligent if you didn't do it so often!

Which "advice"? Am I threatened? Is the thread threatened?

???
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:54 am

Tyler Durden wrote:And in their most supreme arrogance they became the very architects of their own demise.....











Well done, Tyler.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:12 am

James S Saint wrote:Arminius,
There have been, and still are many who come to this site merely to attack people, not ideas. They have an excuse for not being able to distinguish toilet paper from nose tissue, people from ideas, maps from terrains, ontologies from realities, religion from science, or logic from speculation. It is largely associated with too much mother and not enough father along with serious neurological diseases throughout the West causing their heads to be too far up their asses to see the light, or distinguish shit from shinola.

And merely attacking people is neither intelligent nor human (in a good sense).
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Orbie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:33 am

Arminius wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Arminius,
There have been, and still are many who come to this site merely to attack people, not ideas. They have an excuse for not being able to distinguish toilet paper from nose tissue, people from ideas, maps from terrains, ontologies from realities, religion from science, or logic from speculation. It is largely associated with too much mother and not enough father along with serious neurological diseases throughout the West causing their heads to be too far up their asses to see the light, or distinguish shit from shinola.

And merely attacking people is neither intelligent nor human (in a good sense).





Unless, the only other option is to self destruct.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby LaughingMan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:37 am

Anybody with a sense of intelligence knows that humanity is doomed and the future is going to be horrific.

The future is a slow motion train wreck and we're just edging our way always closer to it.

Yet still people obey authority, keep working, and add their labors to a system that so desperately wants to be its architect.

A great way of observing collective insanity at its finest.

The logical thing to do would be to avoid this future thing altogether but the only problem with that is that a majority of human beings are not at all logical.

This thing we call humanity for sure is a pathetic and sad comedy. So, like all comedies all you can do is laugh and cry.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:55 am

Tyler Durden wrote:The future is a slow motion train wreck and we're just edging our way always closer to it.

Train wreck .... That reminds me of this:

Arminius wrote:Here comes the text of Jethro Tull's „Locomotive Breath“:

„In the shuffling madness // Of the locomotive breath, // Runs the all-time loser, // Headlong to his death. // He feels the piston scraping - // Steam breaking on his brow - // Old Charley stole the handle and // The train won't stop going - // No way to slow down. // He sees his children jumping off // At the stations - one by one. // His woman and his best friend - // In bed and having fun. // He's crawling down the corridor // On his hands and knees - // Old Charlie stole the handle and // The train won't stop going - // No way to slow down. // He hears the silence howling - // Catches angels as they fall. // And the all-time winner // Has got him by the balls. // He picks up Gideon's Bible - // Open at page one - // (I said) God (he) stole the handle and // The train won't stop going - // No way to slow down.“

=> #

Will we be able to prevent our own train wreck?
Last edited by Arminius on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby LaughingMan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 am

Arminius wrote:Train wreck .... That reminds me of this:

Arminius wrote:Here comes the text of Jethro Tull's „Locomotive Breath“:

„In the shuffling madness // Of the locomotive breath, // Runs the all-time loser, // Headlong to his death. // He feels the piston scraping - // Steam breaking on his brow - // Old Charley stole the handle and // The train won't stop going - // No way to slow down. // He sees his children jumping off // At the stations - one by one. // His woman and his best friend - // In bed and having fun. // He's crawling down the corridor // On his hands and knees - // Old Charlie stole the handle and // The train won't stop going - // No way to slow down. // He hears the silence howling - // Catches angels as they fall. // And the all-time winner // Has got him by the balls. // He picks up Gideon's Bible - // Open at page one - // (I said) God (he) stole the handle and // The train won't stop going - // No way to slow down.“

=> #

Will we be able to prevent such a future?


If all else fails hopefully the imposed physical limitations of nature will put an end to humanity's collective madness.

See global peak energy for reference on that.

I think human beings are best subservient living under nature instead of trying to dominate it.

No matter what happens a lot of people are going to die. It's necessary and unavoidable.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby monad » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Anybody with a sense of intelligence knows that humanity is doomed and the future is going to be horrific.

The future is a slow motion train wreck and we're just edging our way always closer to it.

Yet still people obey authority, keep working, and add their labors to a system that so desperately wants to be its architect.

A great way of observing collective insanity at its finest.

The logical thing to do would be to avoid this future thing altogether but the only problem with that is that a majority of human beings are not at all logical.

This thing we call humanity for sure is a pathetic and sad comedy. So, like all comedies all you can do is laugh and cry.


This has been my conclusion also for a lot of years and I'm definitely beyond (make that two beyonds) my prime. But you do it too much honor to call it "a pathetic and sad comedy". It seems to me more in the nature of a pathetic disgusting farce. If he screws himself out of existence or degenerates completely it cannot even be regarded as a tragedy. Farces don't end in tragedy and "machines" whether intelligent or not have nothing to do with this. It's not the machines, its the genes; the LCD genes which allows itself to be whitewashed, brainwashed and ground into total mediocrity by those who are just slightly smarter or more corrupt than they are.

Power equals leverage for anyone who has two IQ points above average; if you're ten points below you may still end up with a far better pension "for services unrendered" - which is the least collateral damage which blank stupidity may produce - than a lot of guys who scored in the genius range. We can't even score on a god or some deity who doesn't end up as some perverse SOB according to scripture...and this is the guy we want to be with forever after we served our time on planet earth?

Come to think of it, that's the most perfect ending imaginable to this demented comic opera.
monad
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:26 am

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby LaughingMan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 am

monad wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Anybody with a sense of intelligence knows that humanity is doomed and the future is going to be horrific.

The future is a slow motion train wreck and we're just edging our way always closer to it.

Yet still people obey authority, keep working, and add their labors to a system that so desperately wants to be its architect.

A great way of observing collective insanity at its finest.

The logical thing to do would be to avoid this future thing altogether but the only problem with that is that a majority of human beings are not at all logical.

This thing we call humanity for sure is a pathetic and sad comedy. So, like all comedies all you can do is laugh and cry.


This has been my conclusion also for a lot of years and I'm definitely beyond (make that two beyonds) my prime. But you do it too much honor to call it "a pathetic and sad comedy". It seems to me more in the nature of a pathetic disgusting farce. If he screws himself out of existence or degenerates completely it cannot even be regarded as a tragedy. Farces don't end in tragedy and "machines" whether intelligent or not have nothing to do with this. It's not the machines, its the genes; the LCD genes which allows itself to be whitewashed, brainwashed and ground into total mediocrity by those who are just slightly smarter or more corrupt than they are.

Power equals leverage for anyone who has two IQ points above average; if you're ten points below you may still end up with a far better pension "for services unrendered" - which is the least collateral damage which blank stupidity may produce - than a lot of guys who scored in the genius range. We can't even score on a god or some deity who doesn't end up as some perverse SOB according to scripture...and this is the guy we want to be with forever after we served our time on planet earth?

Come to think of it, that's the most perfect ending imaginable to this demented comic opera.


We are in total agreement. :)
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:If all else fails hopefully the imposed physical limitations of nature will put an end to humanity's collective madness.

See global peak energy for reference on that.

Do you believe in that very much, especially in peak oil?

Tyler Durden wrote:I think human beings are best subservient living under nature instead of trying to dominate it.

But then they wouldn't and couldn't be the people they want to be. And I don't think that their rulers will give up that claim. Merley the mass of the human beings would agree to live „under nature instead of trying to dominate it“, if they are wanted to agree, and also because of such an agreementt they will be endangered by replacement. So the really meaning of their „living under nature“ in the future is their disappearance. What remains is the question, whether their rulers will later disappear as well or not.

Tyler Durden wrote:No matter what happens a lot of people are going to die. It's necessary and unavoidable.

Is that really „necessary and unavoidable“? Do you not have any hope?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Perhaps think of it this way, "Would an android hire a human?"

Currently people are thinking in terms of androids doing small mundane tasks, "pick up this, move that,...." But it is only natural that such tasks become far more complex, "build a swimming pool in my yard", "repair my car", "repave my driveway".

If an android is tasked to build a house or a swimming pool, it isn't likely to do all of the labor itself, but rather utilize a team, especially if speed is an issue. So it contracts available subservient droids.

Would it dare trust any part of the labor or design details to a human? Why risk that?

"Repave the highway from Florida to Los Angeles." Hire humans???? Hell no (federal ordinance).
"Build a building in downtown Chicago." Hire humans???? Hell no (city ordinance).

The extremely wealthy don't need an android to do mundane tasks, but rather the greater more sophisticated tasks. Why would they hire humans either?

From the perspective of a management android, humans are merely in the way, and a serious risk.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Ierrellus » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Xenophobia? James, I thought you were above name calling and was able to understand what my brief post meant. Others have hinted at the same thing--machines cannot be self aware in the human sense of self-awareness. This does not indicate that I see all forms of awareness as human. You are sounding like Lev.
Can machines experience free will?
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12882
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:30 pm

James S Saint wrote:From the perspective of a management android, humans are merely in the way, and a serious risk.

Thas is a very rational thought, and androids are created because of rational thoughts, so referring to this the creators and designers of androids have the same thoughts.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Ierrellus wrote:Others have hinted at the same thing--machines cannot be self aware in the human sense of self-awareness. This does not indicate that I see all forms of awareness as human. You are sounding like Lev.
Can machines experience free will?

Humans have no "free will", but only a relative free will.

Those people who claim that the nachines can't have self-awareness should be expected to prove, to adduce evidence, at least more than those
people who claim the self awareness of the machines. The former in order to protect people, especially those who claim the latter.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:32 pm

James S Saint wrote:
phyllo wrote:I'm happy that have found a confident and unafraid Arminius to talk with. May he give you much credit in the future.

Ciou,
8)

Yeah, always latching onto someone else. Until you find actual confidence in yourself, you will have no value to anyone.
And don't think it will be long before Arminius tells you to go away (again).
phyllo wrote:Sorry, that was a hilarious typo. LOL
Should have read:
I'm happy that you have found a confident and unafraid Arminius to talk with.

I'm not even talking to Arminius any more. ROFL
James S Saint wrote:Ever heard the phrase, "Freudian slip"? :wink:


Actually I already figured that you really meant something different. I wasn't sure what, but what you said didn't fit your PROFILE at all (I hate profilers, btw).

And I'm not putting stock in Arminius agreeing or being confident enough for my taste. As you SHOULD know by now, I don't accept anything but absolute certainty backup by reasoning. Of course you DON'T know that, but let's not continue as to why.

The greater point is as Arminius pointed out;

YOU and LEV AREN'T INTERESTED in this topic so why bother with derailing it?
phyllo wrote:
Ever heard the phrase, "Freudian slip"? :wink:
I thought of that but since I had already said that I was done with him... it seems an unlikely explanation.
YOU and LEV AREN'T INTERESTED in this topic so why bother with derailing it?
I asked for the evidence which supports an assertion that he made in this thread. That's not derailing.

Then he got all presumptuous and defensive and derailed his own thread.

Over to you OP.

Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Action!

That's an typical example for Phyllo's derailing!

He is not interested in this thread, although he is writing more and more in this thread.

Unbelievable!
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm

    Here is an example for a constructive contribution to the discussion about the topic of this thread:

    James S Saint wrote:Perhaps think of it this way, "Would an android hire a human?"

    Currently people are thinking in terms of androids doing small mundane tasks, "pick up this, move that,...." But it is only natural that such tasks become far more complex, "build a swimming pool in my yard", "repair my car", "repave my driveway".

    If an android is tasked to build a house or a swimming pool, it isn't likely to do all of the labor itself, but rather utilize a team, especially if speed is an issue. So it contracts available subservient droids.

    Would it dare trust any part of the labor or design details to a human? Why risk that?

    "Repave the highway from Florida to Los Angeles." Hire humans???? Hell no (federal ordinance).
    "Build a building in downtown Chicago." Hire humans???? Hell no (city ordinance).

    The extremely wealthy don't need an android to do mundane tasks, but rather the greater more sophisticated tasks. Why would they hire humans either?

    From the perspective of a management android, humans are merely in the way, and a serious risk.

    What would you do, if an android hires andriods but not you because you are a risk and in the way?
    Last edited by Arminius on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    Arminius
    ILP Legend
     
    Posts: 5732
    Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
    Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

    PreviousNext

    Return to Philosophy



    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]