the golden rule

we better pay attention to the golden rule or we will go down …what could be more important

I like your style, tutrle : short, sweet, and to the point !!!

I like most the form of the Rule that is phrased[size=130] “Don’t do to someone else what you don’t want anyone to do to you!”[/size] {For all except sado-masochists that could work fine.}

Does that one rule, though, provide enough guidance for most of the moral decisions we have to make in life?

I wonder…

And for those who did pay attention, did it work to assure that they lived an ethical life? It has been around for ages, and many of the war-makers believe that they live by that Rule - they would affirm that they do if they were asked - and yet they can go right ahead, out of fear and insecurity about perceived “scarce resources” perhaps, and martyr young men and women in the name of their ‘good cause’, such as “Service to our Nation - for which we highly-honor you.” It is a fine cause but is it worth the loss of one life?!

Maybe we need an Ethical Theory adapted for our time (our era) - one which incorporates the wisdom that is 2000-years old, builds on it, and offers a fresh, vital approach…

thanks dr…I hope people will look at your profile including the references concerning ethics …

Greetings, turtle

What is your impression of my latest paper on Ethics? Its title is Ethics for the 21st Century. Here is a link to it: tinyurl.com/pm3ldpk

I’d very much like to read your evaluation of it !!