Common sense is dangerous

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Universities teach that common sense is dangerous. That one should not trust one's own senses because nature is out to trick and deceive us.

On the other hand, they teach that all university based information is 100% correct and can't be challenged, especially if you want to get a pass mark.

Thus, we have a whole bunch of crazy theories which don't make any sense to the average person.

The university system is designed to swallow up all the students time so that they don't have any spare time to investigate any alternate theories. Books which offer alternate theories are banned from universities.

In medical science; it was noted by Benjamin Franklin - “Cure” can be sold by the pound, while prevention is only needed by the ounce. Thus, aggressive male dominated medicine has replaced a more natural and gentle feminine approach. Thus, medicine has departed from reason and logic in the pursuit of the dollar and profits. Thus, to employ such a corrupt system they must first shut down any discussion of current methodologies to prevent loss of profits and pursuit of litigation.

Scientific research is in the same situation. The world must be seen as a complicated place which requires long and expensive research in order to solve particular problems.This is done to preserve the authority of university professors,and thus, alternate systems of thought must be eradicated at all costs and common sense needs to be abandoned. The result being that the universe must contain hundreds of sub-atomic particles of which the scientific system needs investment of billions of dollars in atom smashers which are kilometres in dimension in order to understand how the universe works.

A list of crazy theories - Big bang theory, germ theory, climate change, quantum mechanics, string theory, action at a distance, pulling forces of gravity and magnetism, plate tectonics, expanding universe, photon theory of light and finally, time changing with speed and acceleration.

None of the above theories contain one iota of common sense or logic. Yes, indeed, common sense is dangerous, but to whom is it dangerous?

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm#masculine
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Arminius » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Think about the following question: Is the "common-sense-is-dangerous"-statement more dangerous than the common sense?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Arminius wrote:Think about the following question: Is the "common-sense-is-dangerous"-statement more dangerous than the common sense?


Common sense is only dangerous to those that haven't got any! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Arminius » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Platospuppy1 wrote:
Arminius wrote:Think about the following question: Is the "common-sense-is-dangerous"-statement more dangerous than the common sense?

Common sense is only dangerous to those that haven't got any! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do you think about the quantity of those who "haven't any" common sense?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby James S Saint » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Platospuppy1 wrote:In medical science; it was noted by Benjamin Franklin - “Cure” can be sold by the pound, while prevention is only needed by the ounce.

And Treatment can be sold by the ton. 8)

Platospuppy1 wrote:Thus, aggressive male dominated medicine has replaced a more natural and gentle feminine approach.

No. The hatred sexist injection doesn't belong. It has nothing to do with masculine feminine approaches. Women were insidiously selling teases long before men were selling fake cures.

And "common sense" is merely what we form it to be.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Lev Muishkin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Platospuppy1 wrote:Universities teach that common sense is dangerous. That one should not trust one's own senses because nature is out to trick and deceive us.

On the other hand, they teach that all university based information is 100% correct and can't be challenged, especially if you want to get a pass mark.


You've obviously never studied at a University.

Advice: Make threads about what you know. That way you avoid getting called on bullshit from Post No.1.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
User avatar
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 am

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:23 am

Human beings lack common sense where it isn't common at all. The future of this planet will be a barren wasteland hundreds of years from now with human beings themselves the direct cause.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:10 am

Lev Muishkin wrote:
Platospuppy1 wrote:Universities teach that common sense is dangerous. That one should not trust one's own senses because nature is out to trick and deceive us.

On the other hand, they teach that all university based information is 100% correct and can't be challenged, especially if you want to get a pass mark.


You've obviously never studied at a University.

Advice: Make threads about what you know. That way you avoid getting called on bullshit from Post No.1.


Those that are most guilty of the crime of hating and avoiding the use of common sense, will most likely be the biggest culprits of its abuse and malpractice. You have obviously attended university and have thus been brain washed into believing that common sense is dangerous.
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 am

Platospuppy1 wrote:
Lev Muishkin wrote:
Platospuppy1 wrote:Universities teach that common sense is dangerous. That one should not trust one's own senses because nature is out to trick and deceive us.

On the other hand, they teach that all university based information is 100% correct and can't be challenged, especially if you want to get a pass mark.


You've obviously never studied at a University.

Advice: Make threads about what you know. That way you avoid getting called on bullshit from Post No.1.


Those that are most guilty of the crime of hating and avoiding the use of common sense, will most likely be the biggest culprits of its abuse and malpractice. You have obviously attended university and have thus been brain washed into believing that common sense is dangerous.



Another Glenn Beck political conservative televangelist cable viewer I see. ^^^

Come to edumucate everybody on the finer ways of not so common, common sense.....

Does the political social salvation promise land await us all?

Come to bring us to deliverance?
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:30 am

Arminius wrote:
Platospuppy1 wrote:
Arminius wrote:Think about the following question: Is the "common-sense-is-dangerous"-statement more dangerous than the common sense?

Common sense is only dangerous to those that haven't got any! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do you think about the quantity of those who "haven't any" common sense?


Common sense is dangerous because it gets in the way of more important things like - ambition, greed, lust, laziness, power, dominance, racial hatred and discrimination. The status of the human ego must be maintained at all costs. If it means destroying the planet, killing millions of people, discriminating, stealing money, lying and cheating, then that is the cost that most people are willing to pay in order to survive and maintain a high level of life style, personal wealth and an important position. Thus, the law of the jungle prevails and common sense is dangerous to those that want to get ahead in the jungle we call 'civilization'.
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby James S Saint » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Platospuppy1 wrote:
Arminius wrote:What do you think about the quantity of those who "haven't any" common sense?


Common sense is dangerous because it gets in the way of more important things like - ambition, greed, lust, laziness, power, dominance, racial hatred and discrimination.

...and wisdom, and intelligence.

Platospuppy1 wrote:The status of the human ego must be maintained at all costs. If it means destroying the planet, killing millions of people, discriminating, stealing money, lying and cheating, then that is the cost that most people are willing to pay in order to survive and maintain a high level of life style, personal wealth and an important position. Thus, the law of the jungle prevails and common sense is dangerous to those that want to get ahead in the jungle we call 'civilization'.

It is only a jungle because the "law of the jungle" was accepted as "common sense".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Arminius » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Platospuppy1 wrote:
Arminius wrote:What do you think about the quantity of those who "haven't any" common sense?


Common sense is dangerous because it gets in the way of more important things like - ambition, greed, lust, laziness, power, dominance, racial hatred and discrimination.

...and wisdom, and intelligence.

Platospuppy1 wrote:The status of the human ego must be maintained at all costs. If it means destroying the planet, killing millions of people, discriminating, stealing money, lying and cheating, then that is the cost that most people are willing to pay in order to survive and maintain a high level of life style, personal wealth and an important position. Thus, the law of the jungle prevails and common sense is dangerous to those that want to get ahead in the jungle we call 'civilization'.

It is only a jungle because the "law of the jungle" was accepted as "common sense".

Not everybody accepted / accepts the "law of the jungle" as "common sense".
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Artimas » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:55 pm

It's common sense to not put electronics by water..... there is a perfect example of how common sense is the opposite of dangerous.

What you do not know, may kill you.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:22 am

James S Saint wrote:I

It is only a jungle because the "law of the jungle" was accepted as "common sense".


So, if you walk into a jungle and get eaten by a lion. Will you accept that you have been served justly and that you deserved to be eaten by a lion because you were silly enough to walk into the jungle without any protection or weapons to protect yourself?
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:34 am

Artimas wrote:It's common sense to not put electronics by water..... there is a perfect example of how common sense is the opposite of dangerous.

What you do not know, may kill you.


Not everybody thinks that common sense is dangerous. I am only referring to those person's that view common sense as dangerous. These person's are most likely evil manipulators who need to take advantage of others in order to make a better than average standard of living for themselves. In order to achieve high status and social position, one must sometimes, 'do a deal with the devil,' in order to achieve these goals. Thus, common sense must be over-looked as this will require being fair and just which may not fit in well with being rich and powerful.

Note - It is common knowledge that people that you know are 10 times more likely to kill you than the possibility of being murdered by a total stranger.
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Artimas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:38 am

Platospuppy1 wrote:
Artimas wrote:It's common sense to not put electronics by water..... there is a perfect example of how common sense is the opposite of dangerous.

What you do not know, may kill you.


Not everybody thinks that common sense is dangerous. I am only referring to those person's that view common sense as dangerous. These person's are most likely evil manipulators who need to take advantage of others in order to make a better than average standard of living for themselves. In order to achieve high status and social position, one must sometimes, 'do a deal with the devil,' in order to achieve these goals. Thus, common sense must be over-looked as this will require being fair and just which may not fit in well with being rich and powerful.

Note - It is common knowledge that people that you know are 10 times more likely to kill you than the possibility of being murdered by a total stranger.


Yeah. Exploitation. It seems like man-made survival of the fittest.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Rhinoboy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 am

My experience of university was to question and criticise. Swallowing knowledge blindly is what you are asked to do in school. Critical evaluation is part of the marking criteria at university.
Be not afraid of going slowly. Be only afraid of standing still.

Follow your heart, and whatever the truth is you can at least be cirtain that you have been true to yourself.
User avatar
Rhinoboy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: South England

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:13 am

Platospuppy1 wrote:So, if you walk into a jungle and get eaten by a lion. Will you accept that you have been served justly and that you deserved to be eaten by a lion because you were silly enough to walk into the jungle without any protection or weapons to protect yourself?

Ummm.. who exactly would YOU blame instead?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Common sense is dangerous

Postby Platospuppy1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Platospuppy1 wrote:So, if you walk into a jungle and get eaten by a lion. Will you accept that you have been served justly and that you deserved to be eaten by a lion because you were silly enough to walk into the jungle without any protection or weapons to protect yourself?

Ummm.. who exactly would YOU blame instead?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jle8NPxCbBQ
Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
User avatar
Platospuppy1
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Australia


Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]