Is a human authentic dasein (existence, life) possible?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Is an authentic dasein (existence, life) possible for human beings?

Yes.
50%
Probably.
No votes
Perhaps.
30%
No.
20%
I do not know.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Is a human authentic dasein (existence, life) possible?

Postby objet petit a » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:05 am

Arminius wrote:- "Es" <=> "id"
- "Ich" <=> "ego"
- "Über-Ich" <=> "superego".

I was only using the English for all you here. I read Freud in German. I read others in English, but I do think to remember they used 'it'. However, the wikipedia shows 'ID', as you say. Maybe my memory is faulty, but then again, the wikipedia is not always right. Anyway, use a translator from German to ENglish and find out that the German word 'Es' is translated with 'it'.

Arminius wrote:Very young children already learn what their culture allows and forbids.

Children learn things bit by bit. It took my son a while to figure out that eating seashells is not a good idea. He is still working on not balancing on the window sill to try to reach the door handle. He has only fallen once or twice. It worries me, so I stop him. Because I stop him, he has not learned yet.

Anyway, do you agree with the general ideas in what I wrote? Is it helpfull to you?

p.s.

Arminius wrote:Thanks.

I think "young" fits a bit better than "small" and "little". So:

I wrote:Very young children already learn what their culture allows and forbids.

They learn for example some hygienic aspects or the eating habits of their culture.

I want to point out that the Super-Ego is what contains the cultural lessons and is often spoken of simply as culture. I don't think you know that; judging from your replies.
Phase one, man objectifies in two cardinal numbers two collections he has counted; phase two, with these numbers he realizes the act of adding them up.
~Immanuel Kant

<<Warum willst du dich von uns Allen
Und unsrer Meinung entfernen? >>
- Ich schreibe nicht euch zu gefallen,
Ihr sollt was lernen.
~Goethe
objet petit a
Thinker

Postby Arminius » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:55 pm

objet petit a wrote:Well, I hope this benefits someone.

No. All what you said was no news to me.

objet petit a wrote:
Arminius wrote:- "Es" <=> "id"
- "Ich" <=> "ego"
- "Über-Ich" <=> "superego".

I was only using the English for all you here.

The English translation of Freud's "Es" is "id". Why do you not know this? A German native speaker must explain the English translation of Freud's "Es" to an Englsih native speaker who claims to know some of Freud's books. That's odd.

objet petit a wrote:I read Freud in German.

Where do you come from? What is your first language? And what are your other languages, if you have any?

objet petit a wrote:I read others in English, but I do think to remember they used 'it'.

That's odd. However, I am glad to see that my information has benefited you.

objet petit a wrote:However, the wikipedia shows 'ID', as you say. Maybe my memory is faulty, but then again, the wikipedia is not always right. Anyway, use a translator from German to ENglish and find out that the German word 'Es' is translated with 'it'.

I know almost all books of Freud, and my translations are correct. You can believe me. Freud's "Es" is translated by "id".

objet petit a wrote:
Arminius wrote:Very young children already learn what their culture allows and forbids.

Children learn things bit by bit. It took my son a while to figure out that eating seashells is not a good idea. He is still working on not balancing on the window sill to try to reach the door handle. He has only fallen once or twice. It worries me, so I stop him. Because I stop him, he has not learned yet.

You should not stop him to often, because children need freedom in the sense of as much free space as possible, and mothers usually constrain / box their children too much because mothers are usualy too much frightened when it comes to rear, nurture, educate their children.

objet petit a wrote:Anyway, do you agree with the general ideas in what I wrote? Is it helpfull to you?

As I said: All what you said was no news to me.

objet petit a wrote:
Arminius wrote:
I wrote:Very young children already learn what their culture allows and forbids.

They learn for example some hygienic aspects or the eating habits of their culture.

I want to point out that the Super-Ego is what contains the cultural lessons and is often spoken of simply as culture. I don't think you know that; judging from your replies.

Then you are judging falsely. I am not a Freudian(ist). I am no ...(ist) at all. Freud meant his "Über-Ich ("superego") as the rules, principles, taboos, etc. of the (A) culture, and for a child this means the rules, principles, taboos, etc. of: (A,a) mother, father, siblings - thus family -; (A,b) kindergarteners, teachers, peer groups and other groups - thus society.
Last edited by Arminius on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby objet petit a » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Arminius wrote:No. All what you said was no news to me.

Warum hattest du denn dies Subjekt angefangen?

Arminius wrote:The English translation of Freud's "Es" is "id". Why do you not know this. A German native speaker must tell an Englsih native speaker who claims to know some Freud's books how to translate Freud's "Es". That's odd.

Im allgemeinen Sprachgebrauch ist 'es' doch 'it'. Und, ich sage dass ich es auch oft in Psychoanalyse so gelesen habe. Wie gesagt: es ist möglich dass ich es nicht ganz richtig mehr erinnere. Es ist schon einige Jahre her.

I know almost all books of Freud

Kennst du seine Werke?

You should not stop him to often, because children need freedom in the sense of as much free space as possible, and mothers usually constrain / box their children too much because mothers are usualy too much frightened when it comes to rear, nurture, educate their children.

Ja Natürlich, aber als er da fällt, ist es möglich dass er seinen Hals bricht. Solle ich nicht passieren lassen natürlich!

Das war mir nicht deutlich wie viel du weisst davon.

Then you are judging falsely. I am not a Freudian(ist). I am no ...(ist) at all. Freud meant his "Über-Ich ("superego") as the rules, principles, taboos, etc. of the (A) culture, and for a child this means the rules, principles, taboos, etc. of: (A,a) mother, father, siblings - thus family -; (A,b) kindergarteners, teachers, peer groups and other groups - thus society.

Aber immer noch mit kleinen Schritten.

Mein Deutsch ist vielleicht nicht sehr gut. Ich brauche es nicht oft. Es ist auch nicht meine erste Sprache. Englisch is auch nicht meine erste Sprache. So spriche ich noch enige Sprache. Jedemfalls: entschuldige vor den Fehler.
Phase one, man objectifies in two cardinal numbers two collections he has counted; phase two, with these numbers he realizes the act of adding them up.
~Immanuel Kant

Ihr sollt was lernen.
~Goethe
objet petit a
Thinker

Postby Arminius » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 pm

objet petit a wrote:
Arminius wrote:No. All what you said was no news to me.

Warum hattest du denn dies Subjekt angefangen?

Fast alle Titel meiner Threads sind Fragen. Ich möchte wissen, was andere ILP-Mitglieder wissen und glauben oder meinen zu wissen.

objet petit a wrote:
Arminius wrote:The English translation of Freud's "Es" is "id". Why do you not know this. A German native speaker must tell an Englsih native speaker who claims to know some Freud's books how to translate Freud's "Es". That's odd.

Im allgemeinen Sprachgebrauch ist 'es' doch 'it'.

Ja, im allgemeinen Sprachgebrauch. Aber nicht in der Fachsprache Freuds.

objet petit a wrote:Und, ich sage dass ich es auch oft in Psychoanalyse so gelesen habe. Wie gesagt: es ist möglich dass ich es nicht ganz richtig mehr erinnere. Es ist schon einige Jahre her.

Bei mir ist es noch länger her.

objet petit a wrote:
I know almost all books of Freud

Kennst du seine Werke?

Ja.

objet petit a wrote:

Ja Natürlich, aber als er da fällt, ist es möglich dass er seinen Hals bricht. Solle ich nicht passieren lassen natürlich!

Das ist auch richtig.

objet petit a wrote:

Das war mir nicht deutlich wie viel du weisst davon.

Ja, wahrscheinlich, denn ich bin nicht mehr sehr an Freud interessiert.

objet petit a wrote:

Aber immer noch mit kleinen Schritten.

Ganz genau, ja.

objet petit a wrote:Mein Deutsch ist vielleicht nicht sehr gut.

Es ist gut.

objet petit a wrote:Ich brauche es nicht oft. Es ist auch nicht meine erste Sprache. Englisch is auch nicht meine erste Sprache. So spriche ich noch enige Sprache. Jedemfalls: entschuldige vor den Fehler.

Eine Entschuldigung ist nicht nötig. Danke für die Antwort. Ich habe mich sehr gefreut.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby objet petit a » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Arminius wrote:Fast alle Titel meiner Threads sind Fragen. Ich möchte wissen, was andere ILP-Mitglieder wissen und glauben oder meinen zu wissen.

Vielleicht ist es nu Zeit deine Gedanke zu erzählen?

Vielleicht ist es auch abhängig von wen wir lesen? Oder ist man nicht so strict mehr?

Bei mir ist es noch länger her.

Ich bin kaum 40. Wie alt bust du denn?

Arminius wrote:
objet petit a wrote:Kennst du seine Werke?

Ja.

Vielleicht sollen wir einander noch mal treffen , weil seine Werke doch immer noch inspirieren können.
~Immanuel Kant

Ihr sollt was lernen.
~Goethe
objet petit a
Thinker

Postby Arminius » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 pm

objet petit a wrote:
Arminius wrote:Fast alle Titel meiner Threads sind Fragen. Ich möchte wissen, was andere ILP-Mitglieder wissen und glauben oder meinen zu wissen.

Vielleicht ist es nu Zeit deine Gedanke zu erzählen?

Vielleicht. Manche Gedanken habe ich ja schon erzählt. Die anderen Gedanken werden folgen. :wink:

objet petit a wrote:

Vielleicht ist es auch abhängig von wen wir lesen?

Deshalb schrieb ich "Fachsprache Freuds". Der Unterschied zwischen "Es" und "es" ist im Deutschen gegeben, aber im Englischen nicht mehr: "it" und "it". Um den Unterschied auch im Englischen deutlich machen zu können, hat man einen Unterschied erfunden: "id" und "it".

objet petit a wrote:Oder ist man nicht so strict mehr?

Wohl nicht mehr so sehr wie früher - "dank" Internet u.ä..

objet petit a wrote:Vielleicht sollen wir einander noch mal treffen , weil seine Werke doch immer noch inspirieren können.

Vielleicht, ja.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby LaughingMan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:12 am

Nobody wants to address my point then?
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby James S Saint » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:30 am

LaughingMan wrote:It's possible but only with the complete destruction of the giant prison structure known as civilization first.

We had an authentic lifestyle of freedom and independence in animalistic form at one point in human history where civilization destroyed that completely.

Civilization is where humanity has conquered itself creating a virtual prison of enslavement, servitude, dependency, and social bondage.

The problem arises that this dangerous human enterprise has become so self destructive that once it destroys itself it will probably make all of life impossible in an extinction style event...

Not what people wanted to hear but my two cents on the subject nonetheless.

Too cruelly realistic to be of any use. :-$

Id = The person's actual impulses (instincts and passions).
Ego = What the person believes he can do, given the constraints of reality (self-confidence, self-image, harmonizing w/ perceived reality).
Superego = What the person believes he should do, given the constraints of society (repression, social-image, harmonizing w/ society).

All societies require a degree of repression via social rules. SAM brings the id, ego, and the superego together so that each can easily comply with the others to the maximum degree possible. What a person desires to do becomes what he can actually accomplish as well as what he socially should do. That is how the IJOT gets maximized because Joy is the inner perception of unimpeded accomplishment.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby objet petit a » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 am

I also think that the laughing man is more talking about a natural life; instead of an open mindset. Or did I misunderstand?
~Immanuel Kant

Ihr sollt was lernen.
~Goethe
objet petit a
Thinker

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 am

James S Saint wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:It's possible but only with the complete destruction of the giant prison structure known as civilization first.

We had an authentic lifestyle of freedom and independence in animalistic form at one point in human history where civilization destroyed that completely.

Civilization is where humanity has conquered itself creating a virtual prison of enslavement, servitude, dependency, and social bondage.

The problem arises that this dangerous human enterprise has become so self destructive that once it destroys itself it will probably make all of life impossible in an extinction style event...

Not what people wanted to hear but my two cents on the subject nonetheless.

Too cruelly realistic to be of any use. :-$

Id = The person's actual impulses (instincts and passions).
Ego = What the person believes he can do, given the constraints of reality (self-confidence, self-image, harmonizing w/ perceived reality).
Superego = What the person believes he should do, given the constraints of society (repression, social-image, harmonizing w/ society).

All societies require a degree of repression via social rules. SAM brings the id, ego, and the superego together so that each can easily comply with the others to the maximum degree possible. What a person desires to do becomes what he can actually accomplish as well as what he socially should do. That is how the IJOT gets maximized because Joy is the inner perception of unimpeded accomplishment.

Of course it is realistic. That's how I roll.

The fact that nobody likes hearing what I have to say never comes across my mind. Don't care really.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:44 pm

I am of the modest opinion that if Laughing Moron was thrown into the wild he would have been eaten by a terrifying monster of some terrible sort thus proving his point that living in the wild, at least as far as turds such as himself are concerned, is superior to living in the civilization. One thing however is left unanswered and that is why does he not go down the line of Christopher McCandless? Dude, just pick a gun, and into the fucking wild!
"Let's keep the debate about poor people in the US specifically. It's the land of opportunity. So everyone has an opportunity. That means everyone can get money. So some people who don't have it just aren't using thier opportunities, and then out of those who are using them, then most squander what they gain through poor choices, which keeps them poor. It's no one else's fault. The end."

Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:I am of the modest opinion that if Laughing Moron was thrown into the wild he would have been eaten by a terrifying monster of some terrible sort thus proving his point that living in the wild, at least as far as turds such as himself are concerned, is superior to living in the civilization. One thing however is left unanswered and that is why does he not go down the line of Christopher McCandless? Dude, just pick a gun, and into the fucking wild!

Just stop! You're hurting my feelings already! You've got be me confused with one of my past cyber incarnations buddy when I was flirting philosophically with Anarcho Primitivism. Since then my stances have changed on a variety of philosophical issues.

At any rate, there is no need to go to the wilderness considering the wilderness is going to come to civilization or modern society soon enough when the great disintegration, entropy, and collapse arrives.

As for me, don't worry about me. I'm sure my odds of survival are going to be ten times more better than yours little fella. Take care now.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Arminius » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:28 pm

So do you want the humans to completely go back to nature then?

LaughingMan wrote:Civilization is where humanity has conquered itself creating a virtual prison of enslavement, servitude, dependency, and social bondage.

The problem arises that this dangerous human enterprise has become so self destructive that once it destroys itself it will probably make all of life impossible in an extinction style event....

Do you not foresee a few survivors of that catastrophe? *Grabs the scratchpad and a ballpen*

objet petit a wrote:I also think that the laughing man is more talking about a natural life; instead of an open mindset. Or did I misunderstand?

No, not really.
Nein, nicht wirklich.
Last edited by Arminius on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:45 pm

Arminius wrote:

LaughingMan wrote:Civilization is where humanity has conquered itself creating a virtual prison of enslavement, servitude, dependency, and social bondage.

The problem arises that this dangerous human enterprise has become so self destructive that once it destroys itself it will probably make all of life impossible in an extinction style event....

Do you not foresee a few survivors of that catastrophe?

I sometimes think to myself we were better off in our animalistic form, yes.

I also rather fatalistically think to myself there is simply no going back where a collapse scenario will more than likely wipe us out in a global extinction style event.

A few survivors? Not anymore. A quick glance at thermonuclear reactors around the world along with nuclear weapon stockpiles in the case of global war would pretty much guarantee there wouldn't be anybody left.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Arminius » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 pm

LaughingMan wrote:
Arminius wrote:

Do you not foresee a few survivors of that catastrophe? *Grabs the scratchpad and a ballpen*

I sometimes think to myself we were better off in our animalistic form, yes.

I also rather fatalistically think to myself there is simply no going back where a collapse scenario will more than likely wipe us out in a global extinction style event.

A few survivors? Not anymore. A quick glance at thermonuclear reactors around the world along with nuclear weapon stockpiles in the case of global war would pretty much guarantee there wouldn't be anybody left.

The survive of such a catastrophe is not unlikely for some humans.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Arminius:

Basically total annihilation for everyone.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Arminius » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 pm

LaughingMan wrote:
Arminius:

Why are you so sure (no wishful thinking, please!)?
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:11 pm

Arminius wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:
Arminius:

Why are you so sure (no wishful thinking, please!)?

I am a firm believer in what I like to describe as the inherent doom and self destruction of human beings. Haven't seen anything contrary to it and now we finally have the means to do it globally.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby James S Saint » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:18 pm

LM sees the real problem.
He just doesn't see the only solution.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:13 am

James S Saint wrote:LM sees the real problem.
He just doesn't see the only solution.

Yes, I can agree with that statement.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:14 am

Well, all except that whole solution bit.

I don't really see any solutions in sight.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Dan~ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:17 am

LaughingMan wrote:I sometimes think to myself we were better off in our animalistic form, yes.

China will invent radiation proof giant glow in the dark war condoms.

People fully understand how to treat radioactive materials.
It's as if it is natural, now.
We're the only animal with nukes. That means we are better than them.
We, the powerful humans, and power is the only thing that matters, even though it can cause a shit ton of death and unhappinesss.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 am

In order to be more thorough I would say that I see endless problems and no solutions in sight.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say earlier.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 am

Dan~ wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:I sometimes think to myself we were better off in our animalistic form, yes.

We, the powerful humans, and power is the only thing that matters, even though it can cause a shit ton of death and unhappinesss.

I'm not talking about low level radiation. I'm talking about total exposure of the lethal kind.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Dan~ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:34 am

LaughingMan wrote:
Dan~ wrote:

I'm not talking about low level radiation. I'm talking about total exposure of the lethal kind.

Really small nuclear molecules that can go airborn, and spread through the water system too.
Just a guess. I know nothing of nukes. Canada has no nukes.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy