Is a human authentic dasein (existence, life) possible?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Is an authentic dasein (existence, life) possible for human beings?

Yes.
50%
Probably.
No votes
Perhaps.
30%
No.
20%
I do not know.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Is a human authentic dasein (existence, life) possible?

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 am

If the world enters global war or collapses systematically it's not just nuclear weapons you have to worry about in that there also is the threat of nuclear power stations unmaintained.

It doesn't matter which nation has the materials or not in that enough nuclear material can spread around the world through various air jet streams.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Dan~ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:51 am

Why does humanity want to destroy all things possible?

Subconsciously, or even deeper than subconsciously?

The need for one force to destroy another force.

Hidden contempt towards self and others, towards reality and towards the void.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:27 am

Dan~ wrote:Why does humanity want to destroy all things possible?

Subconsciously, or even deeper than subconsciously?

The need for one force to destroy another force.

Hidden contempt towards self and others, towards reality and towards the void.

Does humanity, the horde, always do only what it wanted?

The lust for power forces people to take chances. If they could perfectly calculate those chances, they would never do anything that they didn't intend (sinless).
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Crimson Crow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:16 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:I am of the modest opinion that if Laughing Moron was thrown into the wild he would have been eaten by a terrifying monster of some terrible sort thus proving his point that living in the wild, at least as far as turds such as himself are concerned, is superior to living in the civilization. One thing however is left unanswered and that is why does he not go down the line of Christopher McCandless? Dude, just pick a gun, and into the fucking wild!

Magnus Anderson wrote:I am of the modest opinion that if Laughing Moron was thrown into the wild he would have been eaten by a terrifying monster of some terrible sort thus proving his point that living in the wild, at least as far as turds such as himself are concerned, is superior to living in the civilization. One thing however is left unanswered and that is why does he not go down the line of Christopher McCandless? Dude, just pick a gun, and into the fucking wild!

Hey Magnus,

On the question of what is superior, living in the wild or civilization.

Why do you think living in civilization is superior?

I am of the mind that, it depends on the approach in inhabiting either environment, and the circumstances of each, and they're relationship to one another (i.e. the power one imposes on the other).

Living in the wild, a greater level of self-reliance can be established. There is a risk, however, for loss of territory; civilization has adequate power to enforce its policies within your territory, and exploit it economically. When I say 'wild', I don't necessarily mean a land unoccupied by foreign powers (rare or inexistant these days) but being entirely autonomous.

I also, do not mean, to live like a primitive person. Ideally, to cultivate the skills to exploit natural environment(s) and supply basic needs (shelter, food, water etc.). This is education, and ideally, more elements will be added to educate family members and friends. To hold a past together (no, it doesn't begin there). Developing culture in the wild. A shared identity belonging "outside" of civilization. There's alot of discipline in this. Again, it does not necessarily mean, to be outside of civilizations territory, just more outside, as opposed to being less outside, a countryside, for example, or even less outside, within a city.

From an energy perspective, perhaps it may seem like a great expenditure, when measured against the ease you can acquire this and that if you plug into modern economics, but, in the long run...

It's also beautiful. Mountains, colors, multiple species, rivers, and so on. Pleasant to the senses, unlike the saturated modern climates.

I must add: this desire shared by many, to run into the wild, and idolize the indigenous primitive tribes from around the world as superior, is retarded.
Crimson Crow

Postby Arminius » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:53 am

Crimson Crow wrote:Living in the wild, a greater level of self-reliance can be established. There is a risk, however, for loss of territory; civilization has adequate power to enforce its policies within your territory, and exploit it economically. When I say 'wild', I don't necessarily mean a land unoccupied by foreign powers (rare or inexistant these days) but being entirely autonomous.

Currently there are no autonomous territories.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:59 am

The humanity, the horde, does not always do only what it wanted.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:It is absolutely possible.

Being-in-Clothing

Being-well Guarded

Being-in-the-Black Forest

Being-in-Time

Being-at-the-Table

Being-with-Beer

Being-at-the-Party

I wanted to make a smart reply but this covers it.

Dasein means there-being, and Heidegger meant with it that human existence is always in this or that cultural context.

A human being isnt just his body, he is his clothers too and his dog and his house and his village.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Alf » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Alf

Postby Alf » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Yes, it is possible.

jew_basic.jpg
jew_basic.jpg (38.19 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Alf

Previous

Return to Philosophy