Bringing the Question Back

How=a zooming, a redefinition, labeling of parts, finding of steps
Why= What is its purpose? What was the conscious thought it’s creator had in mind when building it? If no thought was behind it, what was the original machinations behind what brought it to be.

Where is the most important question. Where do we go when we die, the reincarnation equation.
How is the most important question. How do we make our lives better.

Why would be the final question.

1. What (Where, When, and Who covered under the What umbrella)
  2. How
  3. Why

Sub thread: Define the word ‘is’.

Although the most famous, those are not actually the scope of questioning.

Why” has at least two varieties; “by what cause/means” and “for what purpose”.
There is the often forgotten “How Much” (the greatest weakness of the mind of Man).
There is “How to” and “How come (by what means)”
There is “What is there, was there, will be there”, “What is happening, happened, will happen”, “What is possible”, “What Kind or Category”, and “Of What significance”?

The cultures who make the greater distinction in their words, develop more complete understanding and accuracy in their endeavors.

= Within current existence/affect.

That’s a damn good definition. Tricky, but you pulled it off.

And also sometimes how questions can be framed as why questions

The word “is” can refer to existence but not necessarily. For example, when I say that Batman is a superhero I am not saying that Batman exists. The word “is” is simply a connector, an indicator of particular kind of relationship, namely, that of association.

“Batman exists as a [fictional] superhero.”

… not using the word “is” and yet even more accurately stating the intended meaning. The intent was not to imply that superheros are real nor that Batman is real. The intend was to assert that, in our culture, the fictional character Batman exists within the category that we refer to as “superheros” even though we don’t proclaim superheros to be real.

When it comes to finding cures for diseases, all the above are important.
The’re all inter-connected.

I suppose I became a how man when looked at my inner truth, that most philosophical questions of whether it is this way or that, are really both. So I say, okay both, but how can that be, both? I’m not smart enough to grasp that on a quantum level. I’m here and I’m there.

"

“Why?” would always seem to be the more fascinating question. To ask how something came about or how it functions revolves mostly around figuring out what the “laws of nature” are. And that connotes [to me] a more purely material, mechanistic understanding of Existence.

It’s all about science.

But “why?” connotes something more. Or at least it does to me. “Why?” brings us closer to teleology. As in, “what is the purpose of Existence”? or “what is the meaning of Existence”? Why is there something instead of nothing? Why this something and not another?

This is the direction that Einstein was heading in when he speculated about God, the universe and dice.

Hell, “why?” may even be a question that [here and now] the human brain itself lacks the capacity to answer.

I sure am hooked on why.

Have you ever had moments when you were feeling completely “scattered”?
You were losing focus and energy “here” because you wanted to be “there” (wherever and whatever 'there" was? You were not practicing mindfulness?
Figuratively speaking, you were both here and there. Literally speaking, could it be the same, energy and atoms in both places at the same time?

Could it be the same when we dream? Literally, we are in our beds (or wherever we have fallen asleep). We are there but at the same time, we are there, in another realm entirely, which at the time, we believe is also real, which it is in one sense.

For sure, I’ve had those moments. After the scatter, I must recover from the energy I lost, that’s how I reckon it. Now if you’ve ever had a dream of yourself laying awake in bed, that is a lucid dream, powerful with right here and now energy. But mostly I have the dreams you mentioned. Look forward to them just as much. I do believe in parallel worlds, if you were wondering that, too.

From your original question, where are you at now BerkleyBabes/Nano?

I mean, like, how could all of the respondents to this thread not have noticed that “when” was left out?!?!

It’s who, what, why, where, when, what, how?

It’s 6 of them.

You have to understand all of them (Plus an extra creative spark) to get to “how”.

Probably what, as you mentioned where it starts. For me, what is really going on?

I’m surprised now, that I left it out, too. Good eye.

You didn’t leave it out when you agreed with me because I did not leave “when” out as EC accuses nor did I add what twice as he did. I knew what you meant in your opener and added the when in my explanation.

Who, what, when, where, why, how is 6

My extra what makes 7. It was a typo.