How to become Ubermensch?

What does one have to do to become Nietzsche’s Overman? Every single time I read about this, I don’t find a concise and normal, concrete, approachable explanation. It seems as if all these Nietzschean philosophers write about everything, except this - and even when they do write, It’s just so cloudy and confusing. So, I want to know - how to become Ubermensch? Give me a step-by-step instruction, manual whatever. Thank you.

Existence as is, is a bridge to new future existence.
Ubermensch is an ideal about the human future.

Read a lot of books, hit the gym hard. Maybe grow a handlebar moustache.

Nietzche himself never seemed to work it out, neither did the nazis. Guess we’ll just have to settle for being ausnahmslos-mensch.

There is a new book out called “The Ubermensch for Dummies”.

This book might just be as good as any of the other books which you feel would show you the way!

damn you had to ax that question, didn’t you. well i ain’t about to go to the lengths necessary to answer that question.

i’ll just tell you that the ideal is a time-sensitive synthesis of character traits and principles that are different… depending on the age and the political environment in which it is made possible. i’d say probably that the 20th century type was best exemplified by the lil renz style anarchist. he’s what happens when a critical mass of conflict and contradiction is reached in a society and the only principled response is to courageously defy all law and political order. lil renz was kinda like a ceasar with the soul of christ and the mind of deadpool. like i said, a delicate synthesis. fearless leader and aristocratic soul, compassionate humanist, artist-tyrant mercenary who makes of the bourgeois the butt of his jokes. if this guy wasn’t a superman i don’t know what is.

Practical guide:

Over man
Over and above.
Get over it, over what ever grudges you hold. even those which have to do with hidden motives, under lying terrains of power that is required to sustain the fabric of life .

Abandon all hope, expect miracles, love they neighbor including enemies, hold hidden power, but always keep it in reserve, and always known the difference between real acting and a sham.
Without these, you will always be merely a footnote to a very tiny sliver of memory.
That is over.
Man.

And never forget your debt, even to the lowest.

If someone steals from you, reward them with more, if anything adds to their negative karma , don’t because it will subtract from Your own.

Get over it, for the time is short and at hand, and respect comes much , much delayed, even in it’s most abbreviated form, .where it transpires into shame and slavery.

Become a slave to Your higher powers.

And accept loss for ever.

Two answers:

• You need to be bred on op of mankind. You need to be a “rare, exotic plant”.
  • If you need to ask, never mind.

No, I like you name and avatar. I probably like you. Feels like I know you. Forget the snub.

So, the first answer I gave is relevant.
One doesn’t become an Uebermensch, unless one is one. (As with all things, “become what you are”) Nietzsche is highly biology-oriented.

He never gave out much meaning about the Uebermensch, because… he too, was human. He wouldn’t know either. He just concluded at one point that mankind just doesn’t cut it. Its too compromised, too comprisable, not fixed enough in its … “self-valuing”.

One thing you can be sure an Uebermensch would be, is physiologically very animal like. Good in its skin like a wolf.
As for mental and spiritual capacities, he would first of all be free from all superstition, including atheism. He would not be solipsistic, he would own the world by being beloved by the world.

Furthermore there is the issue of morality.

The Übermensch is not caught in it, is not defined by rules that go against his own physiological nature.

Probably Nietzsche’s most directly indicative piece of text in this matter is from

WILL TO POWER
BOOK IV
on DISCIPLINE AND BREEDING
(moralists hate this book. and with reason; only here does he truly move beyond morality into the pure realm of taste, which is the primary selector of the Übermensch)

Some more from the same crystal-clear spring.

I can not recommend this book highly enough. It contains, in my very proud opinion, the bravest, boldest, most honest texts ever written in all of human history.

1] read Nietzsche
2] decide what you think he means by Ubermensch
3] think about yourself
4] decide if this describes you

Then, after you read the points I raise about “I” as an existential fabrication in my signature threads, come back and we’ll discuss it.

For example, out in a particular context.

What you have now easily divined from these text is: the Übermensch has much to do with Nietzsche’s adoration of Dionysos.

This does of course help a great deal, but one would have to study Nietzsche from the outset, i.e. The Birth of Tragedy, in order to form a clear conception of what Dionysos means to him. Is to him. Fortunately reading the first couple of chapters, suffices.

What one learns here, obviously, is the nature of Tragedy, the Tragic Pathos.
The Übermensch would be saturated by such pathos.

What is the TRAGIC PATHOS

From The Gay Science, a very nice piece on Hamlets “Julius Caesar” which indicates the darkness that has to be confronted in order to “own” Tragedy, which is the world in as far as it is noble.

It is beyond question that Nietzsche would have loved Tupac Shakur, and that he would have greatly admired the attainment of power by the black freed-men by the means of combative and intoxicating music, narratives of which are steeped in tragedy.
Many white pussies will try to argue that the Uebermensch needs to be white, and love … Frank Zappa or David Bowie some shit.
But obviously, N gave no racial parameters.
We need only look at the greatest feats of SELF-OVERCOMING in order to sniff out the best potential for the NIETZSCHEAN HEROS.

There is nothing in Nietzsche which points in any other direction than music, self-overcoming and a focus on the physical world including all of its intoxicating possibilities, all of which are predominant in the music which budded in the time of the chain-gang blues.

Looking at the way THIS WORLD is going, disregarding hypothetical parallel universes, only a blind man, and not a poetic or prophetic blind man either, could disregard the “lead” now held by black-American musical culture. It is simply the toughest, most rugged and most physiologically up-front type of culture that exists. It includes everything from the sublime to the depraved, these often are combined in the same natures, and these natures strive, of their very combative nature, to establish a hierarchy of drives in themselves.

That is another thing to understand if one is to understand the Uebermensch. “POLITICS OF DRIVES” inside the human soul.

The Uebermensch rules his drives like a very smart tyrant. He negotiates and coerces.

I probably like You too, but adore Nietzche.
The Dionysus.
Has a long history.
The conflicts between modern and ancient forms of it are appearent vaguely, in psychological terms, parallel to interpretation .
Follows in the aesthetic morality of Kierkegaard and Schopenhauer.

Kierkegaard’s Repetition points to Nietzsche’ S eternal return formally, and the aesthetic is the common link.

However, Plato’s Banquet is a more prevalent underwriting that is a more premordI am qualifier.

As such, the Romantic Rebel is prevasjvelly more confused and ambiguous, in my opinion.

In this way Wagner tried to synthesize between the two modes of the Romantic Idiom.

He did fail.

He gives the drives of which he is made their proper place, where they are most beneficial to him.
And I don’t mean the chakras or some shit like that. I mean actual, human drives which are so particular to any given nature.
No generalities. Never generalities.
If you run into generalities, the idea of some general type of thing inside yourself that you share with the rest of humans, discard that notion.
Its going to take you exactly in the opposite direction of the Uebermensch.

Or, sure, you can discuss it technically, more pedantically, as the serious philosophers here are apt to do. :wink:

Its the deep dank secrets you want to stack. As well as those lofty, private expanses in the heights that no one shares. The Uebermensch is not built out of commodities. It is privilege upon privilege upon privilege - and requires the alchemical wisdom on how to rank, so as for a particular darkness to become a privilege.

The RANKING OF DRIVES
A task not to be attempted while under the spell of morality. Morality itself being, as long as it is upheld, the dominant drive, serving as a meat grinder for any old value one might have in ones soul. Homogenizing.

It is the instincts which ultimately must be the arbiter of rank.
But where, in this day and age, does one find such pure instincts?

Lo, I teach you the Übermensch.

Of all-importance is the question whether one acts out of want or out of overflowing.
Nietzsche worked out this question into a staggering degree of subtlety, his insight into the human soul is uncanny.

Once again from the same section of The Will to Power :

More on the Tragic, and why the Tragic Pathos is still to be attained:

Thus we get:

ZEUS
be praised.