nihilism

Are you guys talking about me? I am as pure as the driven snow. Jk. But there is no justification for paying for someone else’s hit job. Love them instead & surround them with resources (living wage for educated & accountable homeschooling moms? sure!…filter public school money their way, and let those go totally private!) like not taking advantage of them sexually, and make sure minors get paternity tests & nail some balls to the walls. Abortions’ll go away on their own & bankrupt the industry. Industries, actually.

Any further questions?

Thanks for this opportunity.

Nihilism = whatever concept contradicts or nullifies sensually experienced existence.
Any spiritual ([size=90]religious[/size]) or secular ([size=90]political, ideological, philosophical[/size]) idea/ideal that contradicts or nullifies sensually experienced existence.

Noumena usurping Phenomena.

Didn’t I already ask you to try and engage in the actual topics under discussion?

I take it back.

:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: #-o

Wow, thanks for playing but I mean. Yikes.

Emoticons…the sign of a deep intellect.

iamastupidcunt belongs here for a reason.

That answers a Nietzsche question. Thank you. I was so freaking confused.

Therefore any conception of a singularity, an absolute one…is nihilistic.
Like your Jew god.

You are lobotomized, but are you circumcised?

her and him!

Yo, Ecmandu, make it unanimous!

:sunglasses:

Yo, fishface, come and see what I’ve done to her.

Why so anti, love? I mean you no harm.

I’m all pro-love, sweetie.
Eros…Thymos…

hm. You all-lie a lot, too.

Oh sweetie…the fact that I know what love is, and you don’t, doesn’t mean I cannot partake.

All love is contingent, sweetie.
Lust requires hormonal intoxication…
So does love. We love ourselves in the other - to the degree that we love ourselves; we love what compensates for our perceived and acknowledge imperfections/inadequacies - to the degree that we hate ourselves.

No one kind of love, my romantic buffoon.
No god of love.

plonk

Our Nietzschean Future
Paul O’Mahoney considers the awful fate Nietzsche predicts for humanity.

This will always be tricky. What are deemed by some to be specious, spurious transcendental values are often deemed by others to be entirely reasonable. Here, for example, those who link value judgments to Gods that are thought by others to be but ridiculous “supernatural” entities. Instead, historically, the secular ideologues among us will link their own dogmas to, among other things, philosophy [Ayn Rand] or to science [Karl Marx].

And, as exchanges here often dramatically demonstrate, there has been anything but an erosion of objectivists value judgments. They are still clearly the rule. In fact, I think it might be argued that Nietzsche’s own “will to power”/“Uberman” mentality is just another rendition of it for some.

Not many around like me willing to suggest that in a No God world individual value judgments are rooted existentially in individual lives out in particular worlds historically, culturally and interpersonally. Let alone that construing right and wrong from a “fractured and fragmented” perspective is actually a reasonable manner in which to construe “conflicting goods”.

This also gets tricky. For millions and millions of men and women [and even children] it matters not what is able to be demonstrated as in fact true. It matters only that one believes that it is true. Not only that but increasingly we live in a world where meaning and purpose themselves are becoming more and more moot. Instead, the new equivalent of God and ideology is 1] pop culture 2] mindless consumption and 3] celebrity.

Again, for millions of TikTokers and other “social media” denizens, who cares? Give them reality TV, gadgets, and all the latest “things” and those who own and operate whatever your own particular rendition of the “deep state” is, just carry on with “business as usual”.

Indeed, of late, look at what we ourselves here have reconfigured into.

Nihilism = a developing field of defensive linguistics, triggered by emerging self-awareness exposing man to new sources of suffering.
Nihilism manipulates linguistics to fabricate a protective reaction to existence.
It begins as spiritual and gradually evolved into secular, ideological, political forms.

Basic method is using words/semiotics to detach the mind from the source of its suffering - essentially turning it inward - self-referential, or towards a collective of minds all sharing the same defensive method.
Idols, priests, gurus, and sacred texts, icons, all serve as redirecting replacements for a world to be denied in whole or selectively.

Nihilism inverts meanings.
Even the convectional definition of nihilism in our modern/postmodern age is itself part of the nihilistic paradigm.

Nihilism is linguistic - semiotic - requiring collectives to constantly reaffirm its defensive fabrications. Quantities strengthen its convictions.
Nihilism attempts to partially or entirely nullify existence, covering it up with terminologies referring to imagery, sensations, feelings or text - art.
Art referring to art - words referring to words - ideas referring to other ideas.
Nihilism can only be idealistic.
The real it attempts to nullify is what nullifies it, so it must self-deceive and never practice what it preaches.
Nihilism cannot survive unless it self-contradicts.

As intellectual contraptions go, that one is absolutely shameless.

:teasing-blah:

Bipolar Existential Psychosis
([size=85]Binary/Dualistic[/size])

“Positive” Nihilism
Extrovert

World is not enough – Unsatisfying. Deceit, Hypocrisy. Wilful deceit: Creator.
Meaning in the noetic, imperceptible, and unseen – it can only be felt.
Semiotics used to project a satisfying correction into the world.
Extrovert projects noetic constructs as alternatives, as coverings of a world that fails to gratify – narcissism, arrogance, compensating for insecurity, feebleness.
:arrow_up_down:
Extrovert finds in the Introvert validation; hope of what possibly might satisfy.
The Introvert fails to meet his desires so he must accumulate followers, popularity, quantities of dependent minds.
Salve/Master Dynamic – Co-Dependency.
Introvert finds in the Extroverts projections the absolute he is in desperate need of.
The extrovert fails to make the world bearable, so the introvert remains insecure and dependent, seeking at the same time an alternate source to submit to.
Introvert
World is too Much – Unbearable. Self-Deceit, wilful ignorance: Innocence.
Meaning can only be found in the noetic, idea/ideal, other.
Semiotics attached to make world bearable.
Introverts attaches to any noetic construct offering absolutes, certainty, order, exposing a deep insecurity, need.

Negative Nihilism
Extrovert

World is not enough – Unsatisfying. All is illusion, meaningless, pointless.
Semiotics = all symbols/words are meaningless arbitrary, social manmade constructs, ergo their negation can also be manmade, arbitrary.
Pull down all who think the world is enough.
Reduce all to misery and disillusionment.
Vengeance against Positive Nihilists, presented as maturing, as enlightenment – awakening to cynicism.
All human words are fake, all human ideas are propaganda.
Independence – implosion of psyche
Extrovert uses his vengeance, his resentment to avoid being an Introvert – justifying his continued existence: cowardice.
Introvert uses the Extrovert to further validate his suicidal tendencies – suicide is immanent when survival instinct is overwhelmed by an unbearable world.
Introvert
World is too Much – Unbearable. Semiotics = all symbols/words are attempts to exploit and manipulate.
World and self must be destroyed – suicidal, self-destructive.