The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of God

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
JohnJBannan wrote:What do you mean?

This is an ackward statement: “live in heaven on earth and beyond?”


That is an awkward statement....

I meant it this way:

Live in ‘heaven on earth’ (including evolution) and additionally, heaven beyond. All of it from beginning to forever...

So I ask you again, is god powerful enough to do this?


God cannot remove suffering from evolution, because it would not be evolution. Blame evolution and atoms neither of whom care about suffering.

Again, God cannot change His uncaused power to create. There may be uncaused aspects of everythingness that God cannot change that necessitate creation in a certain way. Because God’s creation toolbox is uncaused, that may affect hiw things are made because you only get the tools thst come in the box.


I know the tools in that box. Evolution does not necessitate suffering.

You know (like every apologist) that the PoE is the best argument against god. The best that you come up with is that god has a limited toolbox!

Well... I’m not talking about god contradicting logic here; those arguments are absurd!

I know for a fact that god can create evolution without suffering.

I know for a fact that god doesn’t have to create a “no pain, no gain” existence.

I know that you know that the PoE is the MOST damning argument against the existence of god!

What do you say to this? “Well, god has a really shitty toolbox! God tried the best with what god had.”

That’s pathetic!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:26 pm

How do you design an evolutionary process without suffering?

The PoE is not actually an issue that is relevant to the Cosmological Arguments.

However, you wanted to discuss omnibenevolence, so I went along with.
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:43 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:How do you design an evolutionary process without suffering?

The PoE is not actually an issue that is relevant to the Cosmological Arguments.

However, you wanted to discuss omnibenevolence, so I went along with.


Are you saying god is not omnipotent?
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:18 am

God cannot do that which there is no power to do. So, how do you design evolution to avoid suffering?
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 am

This:
Ecmandu wrote:I actually understand now why you don’t have a blue moderator emeritus status... you’re belligerent and downright evil. Power hungry.
..is what a person premises, when it hasn’t dawned on them by now, that the reason my name is no longer green is because I didn’t want the responsibility of moderating problematic types.. hardly evil or power hungry, in-fact, I’d say, not at all.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 20941
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:01 am

JohnJBannan wrote:God cannot do that which there is no power to do. So, how do you design evolution to avoid suffering?


Non-zero sum Hyper-dimensional mirror realities!

Works like a 2 dimensional mirror, but infinite dimensions... it creates a fully immersive world (unlike a standard mirror) but makes it impossible to harm any actual possible being! While everything goes your way forever!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:12 am

How does evolution occur in this mirror reality?
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:38 am

It used to until man succumbed to temptation.

But then the Apple did per chance hit Newton in the head, and that is kind of a redemptive sign, to switch hard drives.

Maybe wrong thread here, but may fit in somehow. Sorry.
Last edited by Meno_ on Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 7661
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:56 am

JohnJBannan wrote:How does evolution occur in this mirror reality?


Every organism has within it desire. Desire to be greater than itself! Even an amoeba has this instinct!

In a non-zero sum (no winners or losers) hyper-dimensional mirror reality attached to our individual desire matrices (no losers, only winners), every being gets what they want forever without the possibility of harming themselves or another being.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:14 pm

Non-answer.
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:42 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:Non-answer.


It’s a perfect answer. Why don’t you ask a question about this!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Ok. Why didn’t you explain how evolution would work in the mirror world?
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:13 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:Ok. Why didn’t you explain how evolution would work in the mirror world?


I did. You missed it. That’s on me, not on you!

John, you’ve always been impeccably polite on these boards... me, not so much, but you raise the bar for me. I appreciate you for that (not withstanding that MagsJ thinks I’m writing all of your messages as well, which is an insult to us both)

So...

In hyperdimensional MIRROR realities, I stated that every organism seeks to be greater (even a simple amoeba!)

If this amoeba is the only non reflected being in its own cosmos, and it desires to be a algae (multicellular organisms), it will be, if the spirit mirrors are attached to its ‘desire matrix’

In this way, every possible being can evolve at its own pace, suited to its own desire, without being subject to someone else’s desire to evolve us at its own pace.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:58 pm

What are spirit mirrors?

I am not your sock puppet. Lol!
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:04 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:What are spirit mirrors?

I am not your sock puppet. Lol!


Hyper-Dimension literally means ALL (infinite number of dimensions) being REFLECTED!!! (Not the actual being or spirit)

Spirit is obviously the highest dimension of reflection!

Your dead grandfathers life in spirit can be guiding you here! You can also REFLECT his spiritual guidance if you enjoy his spiritual guidance.

I have zero doubt that spirit exists!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:10 pm

So, a spirit does the evolving? But, that’s not even remotely close to how evolution works.
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:So, a spirit does the evolving? But, that’s not even remotely close to how evolution works.


Even an amoeba has a spirit! It has hopes and dreams. But this type of reality forces constrictions upon its spirit (and ours as well).

I don’t want to kill anything. Every time I take a sip of coffee I’m killing lots of bacteria!!

We live in a zero sum world! For ever ‘win’ there is a loser. Reality doesn’t have to be constructed that way!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:17 pm

You did not address DNA or survival of the fittest.
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:24 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:You did not address DNA or survival of the fittest.


We’re living collectively in a zero-sum reality. Humans are at the bottom of the food chain, viruses and bacteria are at the top. Those are the most fit to survive, they survive on meteors traveling trillions of miles in space! The rest of the animals are a nothing! That’s survival of the fittest!

DNA ... ???

You’re trapped in so many illusions of what life HAS to be that you cannot see what life could have been or can be.

Every organism can be sent to its OWN hyper-dimensional mirror reality attached to its individual desire matrix FOREVER!!!

Like I stated before, I know what’s in ‘gods’ toolbox, and this is a horrible construction! Given what’s actually available!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 pm

You’re not addressing evolution. How does a mirror reality affect genes?
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:You’re not addressing evolution. How does a mirror reality affect genes?


If you can bend the shape of the mirror to change the consciousness signature to flip a switch to make someone who will NEVER give you the time of day, suddenly love you and be infatuated with you, (the hardest thing in all of existence), then DNA alteration is a joke compared to that.

In hyperdimensional mirror realities attached to individual desire matrixes - anything you want will come to pass, forever. DNA is just another signature, like a thumb print, each is unique. In mirror realities, ALL of your DNA is mirrored!! If you want different DNA, you just change the shape of the hyperdimensional mirror, and it will change.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:06 pm

DNA is hard fought for. It’s not easy.
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:12 pm

JohnJBannan wrote:DNA is hard fought for. It’s not easy.


Interesting. That’s tangential to what I’m bringing up, but let me address this anyways.

Let’s say someone kidnaps you, locks you up in a basement with no means to kill yourself and tortures you for 30 years before they let you go.

Hard as fuck!!!

But once you’re released, what the fuck did YOU DO???

Nothing, you just endured it, did you have a choice in this scenario? No. You didn’t do shit.

That’s what this system is to me, absolute torture, and you have no choice in the matter. There’s no capacity to derive ego from this. You’re still living in the ego of DNA as if it actually makes you important, you didn’t do shit, except to endure what you had no choice but to endure.

And this ego of yours worships on the alter of DNA, otherwise known as Stockholm Syndrome ... you’ve become allied with your torments to give you self esteem.

What I’m explaining to you, is that it never had to be this way - that challenges yourself esteem, your ego and most importantly to you: god.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby JohnJBannan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:57 pm

You would have ego regardless of whether God exists. Does an ant have an ego? Evolution can proceed without ego - but for certain organism there is strong ego. Besides, why wouldn’t God relate to humans in a fashion humans understand?
JohnJBannan
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:09 am

JohnJBannan wrote:You would have ego regardless of whether God exists. Does an ant have an ego? Evolution can proceed without ego - but for certain organism there is strong ego. Besides, why wouldn’t God relate to humans in a fashion humans understand?


John,

Unless you’re a narcissist (which is a clinical personality disorder), you’ll realize that you have nothing to do with your success (evolutionarily speaking) —- it wasn’t only that hard, it was zero percent hard!

You’re assuming everyone has an ego like you.

To say that some ants don’t have egos shows that the doors of perception have yet to be lifted as a veil over your eyes. This speaks more about YOU than the animal ‘kingdom’ at large!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11098
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users