wasting time

I don’t know what your priorities are like,
but it seems to me that an awful amount of time is being wasted.

My philosophy is to decifer best from worst in all aspects of thought and existence.

So many hobbies and pass times are just to keep people busy.
People have a frail mind and need these things for their sanity.

In my view, i see an incredible waste.

Since I believe that my soul is eternal, time is irrelevant. However, I agree that time unappreciated in any lifetime or on any dimension is a waste of a speck in the eye of eternity and that the lack of appreciation for existence in general is a waste.

Is it really a waste of time if you’re enjoying yourself Dan? :-k

Joy and happiness are needs, not wants, as far as i know.
But a person can enjoy anything.
It’s different for each person.
Ideally we enjoy that which is good,
but some enjoy that which is bad.

It’s all about making the right moves.

Dan, with all due respect cause you know I like you, you spend hours upon hours designing indie video games.

Games can be interesting, refreshing, and combined with music, a form of art.
However, doing meaningful work seems to be a step above gaming.
I find work difficult. But I do some things.
I don’t want to be decadent.

I play lots of video games too Dan, it’s alright. :wink:

I rate games higher than TV.
Except for good documentories and educational programs.

I’m just saying, why you gotta be hating on other people’s hobbies?

Generally anything that qualifies as hobby can be elevated to art.

Pursuing some ideal form of life is a fool’s errand, IMO. It is the idea that spawned life coaches and fraudulent gurus who tell you it’s possible to “think your way to happiness & success.” What a wonderful fairytale to believe.

A million years ago, we were spending our time hunting and gathering, fucking and birthing, fighting and dying. Was that a better use of time? Who gets to determine what a “good use of time” is? Is anything non-essential a waste?

I’m glad we have hobbies and past times to keep us busy so we don’t have to spend our lives contemplating our meaningless mortal existence. I think that has value.

It seems that pleasure has taken God’s place in the western world.

Which is more dangerous? the idea of God or the process of pleasure?

People doing what they like, that makes them happy, isn’t meaningless necessarily. You see it as a waste but maybe they don’t.

Hobbies are fun. They keep me busy. Its not about sanity, its about enjoying life. No need to go all out and try to change the world or make all the money you can. Just enjoy life, do what you want.