IS HUMANITY THE BEST OR DANGEROUS?

It basically doesn’t matter who you start with, Encode, one human or all humans. This was also known in ancient times. But go ahead, please. :slight_smile:

I think that a code of anthropotechnics must be formulated. This would retroactively also change the meaning of classical or idealistic humanism / new humanism - because with it it would be revealed and written down that humanitas does not only imply the friendship of human being with human being; it also always implies - and with increasing explicitness - that human being represents the higher power for human being.

This thread is giving me a few things to think about - I am taking my time with it.

Thank you gib. It is great to see you again too :smiley: I hope that everything is well in your corner of the world.

I had no idea of your level of knowledge and understanding when I started posting in this thread. As I read through your posts I get a better idea of where you are situated in relation to your original post and the rest of this thread.

We must take into account that humans are always to be described in two ways: (1) natural and (2) cultural.

:-k

Today the globalists are making the revolution, the permanent one, and the people are being fought as if they were the globalists, the rulers of the world.

Nietzsche foresaw transhumanism or made a case for it?

Do people sometimes ask the wrong question? or do they sometimes ask the wrong person? Or both? The answer is ‘yes’ to both. There is a small chance that you will receive a useful answer in this case.

Sorry for replying so late. I just don’t post that often.

Nietzsche called for and taught transhumanism, and did so very clearly.

Examples:

I teach you the overman! Man is something that is to be overcome.” (Ibid., 1883-1885, p. 8 ).

“Look, I teach you the overman! The overman is the sense of the earth. Your will say: the overman be the sense of the earth!” (Ibid., 1883-1885, p. 8 ).

“Man is something that must be overcome …” (Ibid., 1883-1885, p. 40).

And you are the only one who knows who asks whom and what in the right way, right?

She did not ask you. And if she did, she would indeed not “receive a useful answer in this case”, as you have said.

=D>

No, I am not.

Correct, she did not ask me. You don’t actually know if she would have received a useful answer from me.

I indicated a chance for a useful answer, not a zero chance.

I know it from your previous answers and especially from the fact that you yourself said that she will not “receive a useful answer” from you. Look:

You claim that “Nietzsche called for and taught transhumanism, and did so very clearly”. This is what you said.

Yes, and that is an useful answer.

Kathrina, you make some good points that resonate with me.

Are you using now as a reference point because things seem a lot crazier now than they did five years ago? Going back five years - things seemed a lot crazier then, as opposed to five years earlier than that…thus evaluating each era compared to its last up until a point back in time. It is true to say that among people there are those that romanticize over an earlier time/era because they perceive that this time or one earlier, even, is a worse time than the era they so wish was still operating within the current time frame(whatever that may be). A lot of neo-speak has not yet been officially recognized and a lot of it is temporary in nature. Only a few new words will make it through to become part of everyone’s everyday lives.

Artifacts of getting older I am afraid - and possibly a feeling of less relevance.

One facet among many is this: Humanity becomes dangerous through the twisting of meaning(relating to the past events and words), and of course, the continuing cycle of greed and wanting of power without the responsibility that entails and combining these two concepts to exploit other facets of society. Society is too large for one man’s answers(“vision”)…

History has shown in a couple of cases that the words of another can be enriched with misinterpretation that satisfies the interpreter and thus motivates the interpreter to create a dangerous regime that opposes remaining society’s sensibilities. A good example of this is with Hitler’s misinterpretations - I believe he spent some time reading and misinterpreting.

Add to this that a good proportion of people are too lazy to bother with such concepts as the logical and instead their process becomes a process of emotion and/or misunderstanding. There is a lot more to the world’s current state than we maybe able to discuss and discern here.

It is about the one-sidedness of the evaluation. Only the one, eternal, infinite evaluation may always be taken: “it will go forward eternally”. This eternal “progressivism” is not only wrong - future history will show it - but also treacherous.

The masses do not necessarily need a lie, but the rulers need a lie, so that they can rule the masses, and that is why there are mass media in particular, because the mass media make it look afterwards as if the masses need a lie. The masses are addicted to the “Man” (Heidegger), they are “inauthentic” (Heidegger), and the media make sure on behalf of the rulers that it stays that way.

But how are the masses supposed to become what we call “mankind” or - even more problematic - “humanity”? They (a) are not allowed to do so, (b) are not capable of doing so, because they are addicted to the “Man”, are “inauthentic”.

We humans can live by nature in a small group (comparable with apes or wolves, lions and other pack animals), can live by culture even in a city (a big, global, world city is already a problem) and so just in a nation; but it is not possible in, especially not in the long run, to live as a “global community”, as “mankind”, and certainly not in a “humane” way, as a “humanity”.

Things can not remain as they are, no matter how hard we try. So we have to work with change. I don’t know how anyone builds such a fantasy because of their fear. Change is a certainty and we should be happy for it since if nothing changed there would be no existence to enjoy in the first place. This is not to say that what the progressivists say is correct - it is to say that what we choose as vital to our existence still needs to be based on the change that will forever occur around us. Of course, I agree with the rulers needing a lie to rule the masses with or an illusion of the truth [the same thing]. There is still some truth in the mass media but only some - we have to remember that a lot of the mass media is politically driven and we know this as mass media CEOs push forward their own agendas. The masses are addicted to the man but more specifically they are addicted to themselves…why? because of apathy, most people suffer it no matter what side they are on - they feel powerless to do anything and a lot of the time they are not even concerned or they are not sure what to be concerned about - especially now with all this globalism(awful).

I fear a revolution is needed before there is even a chance of humanity but how many people have to die so that what remains is a humane state. Globalism specifically can not work since subdivisions are required for smaller management tasks and where there are subdivisions there are humans and humans are prone to corruption and this type of corruption is too far removed from the top-level management for it to be managed effectively. When it comes to government, there is such a thing as too big for humans to manage. What do we do then? Do we rely on machines to manage us? No. If we let machines manage us then we lose any hope of humanity.

We do have to choose how we live and I am pretty certain going backward is not an option but we must proceed forward with much caution.

Neurologically addiction is tied up with the same process that drives motivation.
Aside from habit then, addiction and motivation inherit the same neurology. So if the masses are addicted to the “Man” then they are also motivated to the man.

What drives this thought has a history with me as follows:

I am suggesting something like this: I think it is important to examine your motivations so that they don’t become the more extreme form of motivation which is addiction. It is easy to dismiss what I am saying when you are addicted to current paradigms. Most of us are addicted to prevalent patterns of information and seek what we choose sometimes to our own detriment.

I thought maybe there is a way to make sense of these two terms and how they are closely related in a more biological sense. This can give rise to information useful in psychology.

So as you can see - In some way, we come to overpower ourselves - our own humanity. We replace ourselves with someone else - the someone else who we chose.

Things can not be constantly rushed into nothingness or chaos either. We are really falling forward, to say it with Nietzsche, who already knew that very well. Modernity is a constant falling forward. This falling forward is much worse than falling backward. It is seriously about the conservative, namely about the fact that we finally protect the planet, the life (all creatures), instead of always exploiting it. This exploitation is a matter of falling forward.

We need to conserve, protect the whole planet and all life on it, and you can not do that if you are permanently falling forward (“being ‘progressive’”), because falling forward (“being ‘progressive’”) means destroying the planet and all life on it.

Conservation does not mean “going backwards”.

In addition, going backwards can also be right:

If a way is wrong, then you have to make a U-turn. Go backwards then.